.... errrrrr I mean....

Its totally complicated being married...

You cant be able to go anywhere in this world without your hubby's signature.

You cant do this... you cant do that... blah blah blah...

The only case that seems to make sense is that... when you had kids.. then you got to do it for your kids. <Oh yes.. and another superb thing is ... to get to wear the Wedding Dress... from John Galliano 8) .>

BUT... if you are NOT having kids... Why do you want to marry ?

donia66.gif

-WB-

i wanna get married cos i wanna be with "that" someone always and forever. marriage is something i consider as a "promise" that you and i will never go looking around and be loyal to each other till death keeps us apart, that you 'll cherish ur love and each other in good and bad times.

i dont know if im ready for that yet. i just think u need to be stable in career and finance. getting married with a guy of my dream is what i wanna do since i was a lil girl. but where is that someone out there?

but for me having kids is sure make perfect family but its not reason to marry ...

i agree. i mean even tho im pregnant without a father of my kid, i can still be a perfect single mom...yeah for sure

... seemed you miss my point...

I did NOT mean... to get married because you got pregnant.

I mean... if you are being with your partner...and then you decided to have kids.. then it makes sense to marry for your kids.

BUT... if you are NOT yet wanting to have kids... I do NOT see the point of getting married... as its very very very complicated for everything... papers and legal stuff.

donia66.gif

-P' WB-

but for me having kids is sure make perfect family but its not reason to marry ...

i agree. i mean even tho im pregnant without a father of my kid, i can still be a perfect single mom...yeah for sure

You can be a perfect mum. But I think it is difficult for a child if he doesnt have a loving father. I would have thought that having children is a very good reason to get married. It is, in many ways, a contract about bringing up children into this world.

can be varied from the below situations:

love

got pregnant > pressure from family since of course they want the best for the daughter and to save them from losing face cos people will just keep gossiping about someone else's life which is seriously none of their business.

peer pressure

visa

experiment of a long-term monogamy

experiment of domestic violence

wanna promote the status of their gik's to mia-noi's or samee-noi's

I think it is difficult for a child if he doesnt have a loving father. I would have thought that having children is a very good reason to get married. It is, in many ways, a contract about bringing up children into this world.

... being ONE of those broken-Home kids, myself. I DO totally AGREE with P' Rob.

8) There are many good reasons to get married. Companionship is just the beginning. To have someone to share your hopes, dreams and aspirations with. To have someone to build and share memories with. And of course all of the reasons people do get married for. . .sex, kids, infatuation, dominance and so on and so on.

.. apart from the reason for the -Kids-

You do NOT have to get married to have/share those things together.... really.

Just my 2 Bahts.

donia66.gif

-WB-

... being ONE of those broken-Home kids, myself. I DO totally AGREE with P' Rob.

There is quite a lot of evidence to support this view.

Children brought up in a traditional mother/father relationship are most successful. Children brought up with a mother only family (no stepfather) are slightly less successful. Children brought up with step parents or in other non-traditional family arrangements are severly disadvantaged.

If you think how our genes are matched when reproducing and think how a child learns and develops in its formulative years - this makes a lot of sense.

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/cs/sp/sdc/pkrf/publications/research/2002-000186/page06.shtml

Some sort of marriage contract before having children seems to make a lot of sense simply from the child's perspective.

WB: That was my point exactly. . .most people get married for all the wrong reasons. Did you happen to notice that in most of these posts almost no one mentions the most important reason. . .Love. . . :idea:

-Love- keeps 2 ppl being together... with or without marriage.

Marriage <No kids involved> is something to do with being -possesive-.

There is quite a lot of evidence to support this view.

Children brought up in a traditional mother/father relationship are most successful. Children brought up with a mother only family (no stepfather) are slightly less successful. Children brought up with step parents or in other non-traditional family arrangements are severly disadvantaged.

If you think how our genes are matched when reproducing and think how a child learns and develops in its formulative years - this makes a lot of sense.

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/cs/sp/sdc/pkrf/publications/research/2002-000186/page06.shtml

Some sort of marriage contract before having children seems to make a lot of sense simply from the child's perspective.

Yes.. P' Rob

I could Say 100% ..... I would definitely DO much better if I had 2 Parents.

WB: That was my point exactly. . .most people get married for all the wrong reasons. Did you happen to notice that in most of these posts almost no one mentions the most important reason. . .Love. . . :idea:

Marrying for 'love' is actually not a very original concept - it has been around for several hundred years. I would have thought in the modern world the idea is a little 'old fashioned'. If 2 adults love each other why do they need to have a church service and party to tell everyone?

You still don't get it. You are talking about a piece of paper. I am talking about a connerction. . .a personal contract between two people. No. . .you don't need to marry for any reason. . .you can still have a great lifetime relationship with someone and not get married. But remember, a commitment to someone does not necessarily mean possession.

So..... you are saying... to commit to Someone... you need to get married ?

.... I dont think so...

Marriage seems to be all about -Possession-... wanting to own someone.

No I'm not saying that at all. Marriage is the gift you give to someone. You don't need to get married. . .you don't need to commit. . .it's just something special between 2 people. . .or at least it should be. Now you have my point of view. . .it's obvious you have your own. So, let's just agree to disagree.

Okie Dokie... 8)

.... a gift you give to your beloved partner is not -Marriage-.

You give -Honesty, Respect & Responsibility-.

if i get married again, it'd be because of love and that i really want to do it. married life could be worse than being alone if being obliged to live with someone because of the commitment of marriage and no love. torture, really.

Good girl... all you need is -LOVE-

... marriage has nothing to do to help you to be happy being together.

Honesty, Repect & Responsibility that help the love-birds to stay together as long as ever.

In some particular case.... marriage ruins/spoils everything.... really.

i wanna get married to share my life with a lovely woman for blissful eternity.In the likely event the marriage does however f**k up ,, the pre nuptial will be so watertight and the legal jargon so unreadable ,that its me who ends up getting the farm,chickens and buffalo in Isaan .Cool.....always fancied a bit of gentleman farming :D )

aha aha ... thats why I like it... aha aha ... :lol:

personally i think if two ppl decide to commit to each other, getting married or not doesn't make any difference. .. meaning u still need to let your partner know your whereabout anyways.. :wink:

What She said ... :idea:

i think a more important aspect of marriage is the social acknowledgement of the other party. it's a sacred/social/legal binding that makes it harder to just get up and walk away in times of trouble. but if they'd commit no matter what then i don't think marriage is important.

Exactly my Point ... :idea:

talking about serious/long term relationship/lifelong companionship here, though. not flings after flings.

Yes... :idea: :idea:

Very Welll said .. Misty Sweetie :wink: