Farang guys: What flavor of Thai girl do you prefer?

Niranahm

What skin color of Thai girld do you prefer?  

381 members have voted

1. 1. What skin color of Thai girld do you prefer?

• I love the palest whitest skin and those delicate chinese features
    • I generally prefer the paler ones but yellow "honey" or a light tan color is fine with me
    • I don't care what color they are as long as they are cute
    • I tend to find myself choosing the slightly darker ones with a coffee/tanned look (and they seem more approachable)

Many Thai girls make the confident statement that farangs prefer darker skinned girls. But I don't think that's true at all. I think that most farang guys don't have a strong preference for any particular skin color.

But in Thai society the whiter skinned girls are considered more beautiful by Thai men, and also they are more likely to be from richer middle class families.

So you do see more Farang men with dark skinned girls as they are more available to farangs because

(1) bargirls in farang areas tend to come from Isaan

(2) darker skinned Thai girls often seek farang men because they find that farang men consider them beautiful whereas Thai men don't

(3) class, ethnicity and money conflicts/politics can make it more difficult for paler richer middle class girls to date a farang

So let's vote and see what the results show!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would prefer a little tan, not too much though. For me, a totally while skin looks kind of unhealthy.

The origin of these color preferences is probably that people who work in the open air, get a tan. People who don't work or work inside, are lighter. Hence in Thailand, people prefer the non-working girls, supposed to originate from rich background.

In Europe, we associate a tan with vacation, time-off and leisure, something rich people can do, while us worker have to work in Europe, where you hardly get a tan (unless you work in a solarium). Hence our preference for a tanned skin.

• 1 month later...

I think when I first came to thailand i was indifferent .....as in I didnt have any preference (hell..I didnt even like asian girls)...

soon i was dating a gorgeous darker skinned thai....and i remember finding it gorgeous and rich and lovely to look at.....after a few years though i think some form of brainwashing happened to me .......some latent type of conditioning (maybe due to the media....general observations of who those around me considered attractive) and I stared to notice my attraction leant towards lighter skinned asian women (more chinese , or japanese....than tpyical "thai"..

but to be honest......women are beautiful in all flavours....its the variety that keeps life interesting.....if we only had blonde mousy looking white girls to look at....would sure become boring...

.... if a Man told me he was attracted to me because of my honey skin colour.... I would probably think he only wanted to shag me.... and interested in only casual relationship.... I would probably didnt waste even one single min with him.

... if a Man told me he was attracted to me because of my personallity.... I would probably give him a go : going out for a date and would probably shag him if he was a smart & confident one...

I personally think that a man babbling about colour of a woman's skin showing nothing BUT only that he was interested in shagging her... :roll:

-WB-

soon i was dating a gorgeous darker skinned thai....and i remember finding it gorgeous and rich and lovely to look at.....after a few years though i think some form of brainwashing happened to me .......some latent type of conditioning (maybe due to the media....general observations of who those around me considered attractive) and I stared to notice my attraction leant towards lighter skinned asian women (more chinese , or japanese....than tpyical "thai"..

I agree... strange how that happens... I guess most conditioning is sub-conscious...

I have to say though, i love the beach. Yeah I know I am going to get skin cancer but you got to die of something. All that hide from the sun stuff, I understand, but it still bugs me.

.... if a Man told me he was attracted to me because of my honey skin colour.... I would probably think he only wanted to shag me.... and interested in only casual relationship.... I would probably didnt waste even one single min with him.

... if a Man told me he was attracted to me because of my personallity.... I would probably give him a go : going out for a date and would probably shag him if he was a smart & confident one...

I personally think that a man babbling about colour of a woman's skin showing nothing BUT only that he was interested in shagging her... :roll:

-WB-

Wow WB, I love your personality from what you write...

I agree... strange how that happens... I guess most conditioning is sub-conscious...

I have to say though, i love the beach. Yeah I know I am going to get skin cancer but you got to die of something. All that hide from the sun stuff, I understand, but it still bugs me

yeah....all those lucious thai bodies wrapped in t-shirts to swim in ......cruelty of the must savage and barbaric kind!!....

but I must say....my ex girlfriend before tan...and after tan (shamelss bikini tart) .....was rather disturbing...she went from"light dairy milk" to "albony ".....(but still chocolate...none the less).....whereby I mearly amble between being varying shades of red....

the colour doesnt change...just the cause...factors including sun and alcohol intake....

And I thought they did that because they were shy, or had a thing about wet t-shirts.

- Colourblind of Bangkok (with only brown arms from riding a motorbike)

shy ?

its often bar girls with their farang whales dressed like this.....my thai friends....who were middle class , educated wouldnt dare miss the opportunity to be sexual liberated and wear a bikini...

you remind me of these stories I've seen guys write about so called" shy bargirls" who wont let the guy see them naked in the light,...or without a towel....or whatever......yeah right! far more likely to be a bad case of herpes than shyness my friends......

I think that it is absolutely obsurt to even discuss this matter in these pages. Being Originally from Centre of Europe (Prague) I am used to forking out big dollars to fly out for a 3 week vacation to get a "Tan" - cause being tanned = sexy in europe. On the other hand, now living in Australia, getting a tan here could be a death sentence (skin cancer) mind U I think this only applyes to the blood line of the first settlers (red heads with pale freckled skin - in other words the traditional English)

Getting back to the topic it is sad to see that 80% of Thai population are darker however the media, popular TV shows seem to present a different picture 90% white lighter skinned actors / Performers. Needles to say that these TV shows a re sponsored by the so called "whitening cream" manufacturers. ... I rest my case ...

You too light = you're too cocky - cause u think you're better...

you too dark = no self esteeme - cause you don't look like a jap on Thai TV.

CONCLUSION = most Farangs prefer darker girls, because they are more exotic, isnt that what thiland is all about.

If I wanted a sick looking "pale white chick" ... I may as well stay in Dublin or london :)

STAY DARK + BE PROUD!~

-WB-

very right you are. The original question for me only was asking anyway - what skincolour you prefer if you are going for - a casual relationship - because if for a serious one, how could the skin colour possibly be of any relevance?

S_Plutonium's remark of conditioning sounds very true to me. I suspect that the shift from first being more attrackted to darker and later to brighter shades also might come with the growing understanding that chances are that lighter skinned Thais might have higher education and therefore more interesting and 'attractive', and of higher social rank, which, if one wanted to be integrated in this society would be a premium? To say, one adobts the society's conditioning because that comes be to one's own advantage? - as the times one rebels against them were the long gone teenage times? ( untill today I dress much smarter in Asia and sport a shorter haircut as I do back in Europe )

While we are all realistic enough to know that a relationship cannot be based and built upon a person's skin color, we are nonetheless entitled to have preferences.

And for me - the browner the better. I like the contrast of the brown skin against my shiny white ass. For me, brown skin looks healthier.

That being said, I usually end up with lighter-skinned girls for some reason. In the end, I find the tone of a girl's skin to be totally uncorrelated to her personality or our compatibility.

Still, all other things being equal, I prefer shiny and brown.

Although I wasn't totally serious when I started this thread the results are interesting...

I often hear Thai women state with some certainty that "farang men perefer Thai girls with darker skin". and who, of the farang guys who have lived here for some time, has NOT been asked "Why do farangs perfer girls with dark skin?"

I have always maintained that it's simply not true that farangs prefer darker skin. Now that we have a statistically relevant sample (albeit with dubious methodology) we can see that farangs are equally split betweem light and dark skin but most DO NOT CARE SO MUCH ABOUT SKIN COLOR.

So if you are a Thai woman you should realize that your skin color does not have much bearing on whether a farang guy will want to date you. By date I mean anything from "fcuk for one night" to "marry and have children". Sorry WB and others, but looks are just as likely to be important to a guy (of anynationality) in a long term relationship than in a short term one (in fact we're less fussy when it comes to short term shagging).

Where does this idea that farangs only like dark skin come from?

- Well, all those bargirls from Isaan walk around in busy city areas with farang guys and we know that Issan girls are more likely to have dark skin than Northern or Bangkok girls. It doesn't mean that those guys are only choosing those with dark skin, it means that their choice is limited!

- Since Thai (and most Asian) men generally prefer lighter skin (I think it's safe to say this is a "fact"), bargirls who work with them would be better off if they had light skin. Therefore a form of natural selection exists which pushes the darker skinned ones to farang men

- Getting away from bargirls now, even if farang guys have no dark skin bias, the dark skinned girls are often pleasantly surprised to find that farang guys consider them more good looking than say Thai guys do. Attraction breeds attraction so a dark skinned girl is more likely to get "improved results" from dating farang, whereas a really pale girl who is used to being chased and admired for being pale may suddenly find she is competing with girls who could not compete on looks against her with Thai guys.

- It's an over generalization of course but lighter skin has a correlation with being wealthier and higher educated. This tends to make lighter skinned girls less available or interested in farang guys. Before you object you should realize that in the minds of some Thai guys, the only Thai girls that go with foreigners are those who are too ugly and low class to get a Thai guy.

It's interesting that several guys have mentioned conditioning over time, so that farangs who live here for a longer time start to prefer lighter skin. It's true! Well, at least it is for me anyway, despite my intention not to be biased toward any skin color.

My girlfriend has average color skin but she is paranoid about it getting any darker. She sometimes feels that when she walks around with me, some Thai people makes snap judgements about her (she is 15 years younger than me). Actually this is rather justified and she has to be very careful in selection of clothes and her manners/behavior in public to lower the risk of her being looked down on as a bargirl. This is unfair but true. On the other hand in the past when I dated Chinese Thai girls with a central Thai accent and a flash car from daddy they could "get away with" dressing and acting as they pleased without such instant prejudice (and yes of course the age gap was lower in the past for me).

So if you are a Thai woman you should realize that your skin color does not have much bearing on whether a farang guy will want to date you. By date I mean anything from "fcuk for one night" to "marry and have children". Sorry WB and others, but looks are just as likely to be important to a guy (of anynationality) in a long term relationship than in a short term one (in fact we're less fussy when it comes to short term shagging).

Yeah ... I think the girls with common sense are well aware about that point.

We just could NOT care less for those who dont know how to approach ... those silly billys who babbling nothing but the looks thing.... :idea:

.. there is NO different between a man who is babbling about himself & a Man who is babbling about the girl's skin colour.

Yeah... Paying Compliment & Babbling are very much different... :idea:

Yeah ... I think the girls with common sense are well aware about that point.

We just could NOT care less for those who dont know how to approach ... those silly billys who babbling nothing but the looks thing.... :idea:

.. there is NO different between a man who is babbling about himself & a Man who is babbling about the girl's skin colour.

Yeah... Paying Compliment & Babbling are very much different... :idea:

so much right, you make me blush