THAILAND EXPOSED - TRUE FACTS ABOUT THAILAND REVEALED

xnine100

Question

The Kingdom of Thailand draws more visitors than any other country in southeast Asia with its irresistible combination of breathtaking natural beauty, inspiring temples, renowned hospitality, robust cuisine and ruins of fabulous ancient kingdoms.

From the stupa-studded mountains of Mae Hong Son and the verdant limestone islands of the Andaman Sea, to the pulse-pounding dance clubs of Bangkok and the tranquil villages moored along the Mekong River, Thailand offers something for every type of traveller.

Wat Phra Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha) is an architectural wonder of gleaming, gilded chedi seemingly buoyed above the ground, polished orange-and-green roof tiles piercing the humid sky, mosaic-encrusted pillars and rich marble pediments.

It's quite easy to tour the grounds in a sort of daze, enamoured and confused by Thai Buddhism, and not realise until much later that you didn't see the eponymous figure. Here's why: the Emerald Buddha is only 66cm (26in) high and sits so far above worshippers in the main temple building that the gilded shrine is more striking than the small figure it cradles.

Adjoining Wat Phra Kaew is the Grand Palace (Phra Borom Maharatchawong), a former royal residence (the current monarch lives in Chitralada Palace). The exteriors of the four Grand Palace buildings warrant a swift perusal for their royal bombast.

Thailand is also renowned for its ability to stage spectacular events and splendid festivals.

Thailand?s cultural heritage was influenced by ancient India when the Indian merchants and scholars set foot and gradually settled in Southeast Asia some 2,300 years ago. It continued for several centuries. Buddhist religion and popular myth are the most obvious examples. Much of Thailand?s royal tradition is also rooted in Indian culture.

Towards the end of the 13th century, Khmer power in this area waned and new kingdoms dominated by the Thai race developed, including the northern Lanna kingdom. Beginning by nibbling away at the perimeter of the Khmer empire at Sukhothai and in Lanna some 700 years ago, the Thai race later established the glorious court at Ayutthaya, and eventually Bangkok. Over the past centuries, many peoples, among them the Chinese, Arabs, Malays and Westerners, have contributed to Thailand?s cultural heritage.

Thailand?s majestic cultural heritage inherited over the past centuries was dominated or influenced by many kingdoms encompassing the area including the powerful Khmer. The remains of their cultural heritage can still be seen in many places through out the kingdom.

i dont get all that. isnt thailandfriends all about love?

YEs love love love and also exposing BS. One thing I always liked about TFs is if you say something thats full of BS someone will tell you :P

So lets be more specific then! Like eaxctly what do u object to?

Someone saying nice things about Thailand [Or are u only allowed to do that?]

The style of writing? As in dramatic headlines -funny as much as anything else- certainly not cynical.

U and Zuesy should ahve a love in as u both know better than everyone right?

YOu started one thread about Bargirls then FAT people in USA which had some interest then you copied a Thai tourist manuel and posted it here :P

If your getting grief for it you deserve it. Try thinking a bit before you start a thread. YOu want respect then say something "anything" worthwhile :roll:

i dont get all that. isnt thailandfriends all about love?

YEs love love love and also exposing BS. One thing I always liked about TFs is if you say something thats full of BS someone will tell you :P

So lets be more specific then! Like eaxctly what do u object to?

Someone saying nice things about Thailand [Or are u only allowed to do that?]

The style of writing? As in dramatic headlines -funny as much as anything else- certainly not cynical.

U and Zuesy should ahve a love in as u both know better than everyone right?

YOu started one thread about Bargirls then FAT people in USA which had some interest then you copied a Thai tourist manuel and posted it here :P

If your getting grief for it you deserve it. Try thinking a bit before you start a thread. YOu want respect then say something "anything" worthwhile :roll:

I have no regrets [well except my typos] I simply asked for opinions and reactions to articles I read.

The fact that I choose sensational headlines is true but so what?

Bar girls toics I dont think so? As for the tourist copy and paste? Again so what there was nothing wrong with that.

What u and Zuesy forget is that just coz u have been in here so long and are doubtless often easily jaded by toics and ppl like me others not so long in here will have a far greater tolerance or indifference. The key is to be able and inclined to simply ignore the stuff u dont like?

I mean I am now guilty of the exact same thing but I am willing to admit t aht yes I have too much time on my hands at the moment and am being a bit of a fool here but whats the bloody harm. I dont think I have insulteds anyone or set out to offend anyone.

Grab attention fair enough and add to that be very silly but lets not keep ging on and on eh?

tough love, baby.

if i didnt think you had potential to write something entertaining i would have ignored all this...

not a matter of taste or style so much as how little you're putting into it... it's just a web forum, but sometimes people actually read this stuff, so 5 extra minutes to put some thought into it would be appreciated.

and the six months ago comment? that's coz you've been here before and KNOW how fatigued some of these "shocking truths" are...

Well I can at least see a real oerson in that last post. We are all bored dude so you want a hanky. I've had the flu all week here with nothing but TFs to get me thru along with lame movies on HBO. Zeus is right you have some potential for entertainment but don't patronize us with BS just to see youself in print or you will get the lash :P

Well of course the truth is that as sad as it is I was laughing my ass of at the idea of these absurd headlines- Im sorry I still think its funny! [ok im the sad one] I mean the idea that someone would go into the post all expectant to discover such utter banality amused me and in the case of some though I was curious to see what ppls views as well as their reactions would be.

regarding the six months thing? Well I might get booted off for admitting this in public but this was a fake profile! [shock horror]\ shared between a few guys all mutual friends and in which at various times we all had access to using it. Hence the long gap between is uses. It was a novelty for a long time and we had fun foolin around but got bored and later busy to keep coming back- ppl move on!

Now I am the only one left who still uses this so I cant be sure of what I did or did not post never mind what others posted back then.

Well of course the truth is that as sad as it is I was laughing my ass of at the idea of these absurd headlines- Im sorry I still think its funny! [ok im the sad one] I mean the idea that someone would go into the post all expectant to discover such utter banality amused me and in the case of some though I was curious to see what ppls views as well as their reactions would be.

regarding the six months thing? Well I might get booted off for admitting this in public but this was a fake profile! [shock horror]\ shared between a few guys all mutual friends and in which at various times we all had access to using it. Hence the long gap between is uses. It was a novelty for a long time and we had fun foolin around but got bored and later busy to keep coming back- ppl move on!

Now I am the only one left who still uses this so I cant be sure of what I did or did not post never mind what others posted back then.

Now I understand !! YOu are part of a Conspirisy to anoy TFers with annoying threads and you all have a laugh at us. Seems you and your friends all have the same self defecating sense of humour and needy sense of self rightiousness. I'm glad you all had a good time funning with us Sybil :twisted:

Sorry to reply guys, i was a mod for 2 years in another forum but what the hack are you doing here???

If you have a problem with a post or are stuck in a flamewar SOLVE IT IN PRIVATE!

Send a PM, talk on MSN or whatever else you want.

Mod in here starts complaining about clogging the forum and after that he replies 10 times in a flamewar???

Gee, isn't there an UBERadmin who DOES know how things work???

On The other hand, i think the topic was lame too, but feel (err... felt...) no urge to reply. If you read something lame, read the next article!

just my 2 cents...

Sorry to reply guys, i was a mod for 2 years in another forum but what the hack are you doing here???

If you have a problem with a post or are stuck in a flamewar SOLVE IT IN PRIVATE!

Mod in here starts complaining about clogging the forum and after that he replies 10 times in a flamewar???

On The other hand, i think the topic was lame too, but feel (err... felt...) no urge to reply. If you read something lame, read the next article!

just my 2 cents...

well u ain't a f**king mod on here so let the guys (and girls) here sort it out ... we like our mods bitchy here on TF !!

and if ALL the problems (flamewars) were sorted out in private it would be soooooooooooo boringgggggggg !!

just my 2 cents...

well u ain't a f**king mod on here so let the guys (and girls) here sort it out ... we like our mods bitchy here on TF !!

and if ALL the problems (flamewars) were sorted out in private it would be soooooooooooo boringgggggggg !!

And Carian is in a really good mood now, Gollum, think about that ...... off, Carian, off ....... don't dare to bite ........ good boy :twisted: :twisted:

The Kingdom of Thailand draws more visitors than any other country in southeast Asia with its irresistible combination of breathtaking natural beauty, inspiring temples, renowned hospitality, robust cuisine and ruins of fabulous ancient kingdoms.

From the stupa-studded mountains of Mae Hong Son and the verdant limestone islands of the Andaman Sea, to the pulse-pounding dance clubs of Bangkok and the tranquil villages moored along the Mekong River, Thailand offers something for every type of traveller.

Wat Phra Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha) is an architectural wonder of gleaming, gilded chedi seemingly buoyed above the ground, polished orange-and-green roof tiles piercing the humid sky, mosaic-encrusted pillars and rich marble pediments.

It's quite easy to tour the grounds in a sort of daze, enamoured and confused by Thai Buddhism, and not realise until much later that you didn't see the eponymous figure. Here's why: the Emerald Buddha is only 66cm (26in) high and sits so far above worshippers in the main temple building that the gilded shrine is more striking than the small figure it cradles.

Adjoining Wat Phra Kaew is the Grand Palace (Phra Borom Maharatchawong), a former royal residence (the current monarch lives in Chitralada Palace). The exteriors of the four Grand Palace buildings warrant a swift perusal for their royal bombast.

Thailand is also renowned for its ability to stage spectacular events and splendid festivals.

Thailand?s cultural heritage was influenced by ancient India when the Indian merchants and scholars set foot and gradually settled in Southeast Asia some 2,300 years ago. It continued for several centuries. Buddhist religion and popular myth are the most obvious examples. Much of Thailand?s royal tradition is also rooted in Indian culture.

Towards the end of the 13th century, Khmer power in this area waned and new kingdoms dominated by the Thai race developed, including the northern Lanna kingdom. Beginning by nibbling away at the perimeter of the Khmer empire at Sukhothai and in Lanna some 700 years ago, the Thai race later established the glorious court at Ayutthaya, and eventually Bangkok. Over the past centuries, many peoples, among them the Chinese, Arabs, Malays and Westerners, have contributed to Thailand?s cultural heritage.

Thailand?s majestic cultural heritage inherited over the past centuries was dominated or influenced by many kingdoms encompassing the area including the powerful Khmer. The remains of their cultural heritage can still be seen in many places through out the kingdom.

This was the beginning of the wedding speech in Hangover II.