Who is a teacher in Thailand?

jay24

Question

20 answers to this question

I am a teacher. I teach Monday - Friday from 8am - 4pm. I teach around 20 hours a week. The age I teach is from 4-7 years old. Its tiring work but it pays the bills. :)

i hope it's not f**king maths u teach !!

No I don't teach Maths, I teach some math. American baby.

if it's ppl like u teaching maths in thailand no wonder they can't f**king count or multiply ..... and what's with the american baby ..... no wonder that girl shagged the other guy last night !!!

I teach (Business English). Adults in Thai companies. Best thing I've done for a long time. Hardly seems like work, and occasionally they learn something too. But no more 9 year olds screaming "Teacher play game" for me. I also teach accounting.

There's a lot of travlelling for me, with the risk of occasional drenching in pig piss (see my earlier Journal), but i love seeing so many people in so many different places.

I am a teacher. I teach Monday - Friday from 8am - 4pm. I teach around 20 hours a week. The age I teach is from 4-7 years old. Its tiring work but it pays the bills. :)

i hope it's not f**king maths u teach !!

No I don't teach Maths, I teach some math. American baby.

if it's ppl like u teaching maths in thailand no wonder they can't f**king count or multiply ..... and what's with the american baby ..... no wonder that girl shagged the other guy last night !!!

You take things too seriously. I am not actually American and I dont have a problem with Americans either..So go back to sleep in your lido.

It'd also be interesting to know who USED TO BE a teacher in Thailand.

A lot of farangs start out in teaching and then move onto something else. I found teaching great fun and a great way to meet Thai people from all walks of life. But after a few years of teaching, the lack of a career path and the relatively low income begins to make you look for alternatives.

At the same time, a few years here in teaching gives you a chance to learn Thai, make connections and plan to move on to something else. And it may be tiring but you do work a lot less hours than in a management position.

One thing's fpr sure in my opinion, if you start out as an English teacher, watching the pennies every month, you tend to get a far more balanced perspective of Thailand than those guys who come straight over here on hefty expatriate packages...

....if it's ppl like u teaching maths in thailand no wonder they can't f**king count or multiply ...

I don't think he clarified himself enough. I'm sure he meant 8-4 (school hours) with 20 contact teaching hours within that time frame. So f**king hope we all c*nting understand each other now.

outahere..

....if it's ppl like u teaching maths in thailand no wonder they can't f**king count or multiply ...

I don't think he clarified himself enough. I'm sure he meant 8-4 (school hours) with 20 contact teaching hours within that time frame. So f**king hope we all c*nting understand each other now.

outahere..

Yes that is exactly what I meant. Maybe I should offer some lessons to him (for a price od course).

outahere..

Yes that is exactly what I meant. Maybe I should offer some lessons to him (for a price od course).

well what u exactly meant and what u exactly said weren't the same f**king thing .... so think i'll pass on the lessons !!