City or Beach ?? What do you like?

Chris

Where do you want to live?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want to live?

• Bangkok metropolis
    • Sunny beach city

Question

Well I need you TF friends all to help me out.

I've been living here in Thailand for over a year now and have decided to stay in Thailand. The question that comes up though is where.....

At the moment I live in Jomtien (yes, next to infamous Pattaya) and I like the beach and relaxed life. The only disadvantage though is that there is not a lot of places to hang out since beer bars are not my favorite places to be :?

So... I am thinking about moving to Krunthep.... however.. a big change though... no beach, ... lots of traffic, more stress but a lot of great places to go and good friends to meet.....

So..... if you had to choose... where would you want to live?

Bangkok metropolis or sunny beach city :?: and why? ... I need your help and persuasion :lol:

20 answers to this question

The good thing about living here is you can really turn your back on stress :) . Go to the beach with your back facing the city and you have the sea to calm down.. That's what I love over here..

No problem to go watch a movie or dine out but it seems that all interesting people are in bangkok so how do you all feel about living in the city or living near the beach?

Sure tham I 'd like to try.... I just don't want to give up on my nightswimming :D .

In fact hoped to hear some more reason as to why people want to live in a beachtown or in bangkok?

If you had to make a list of why bangkok or why beachtown..... what would it be... What would you miss...... 8)

I like both civilize city and cool beach I can't choose only one of them and if you be with the right one any place can be a heaven.

Always on the beach must be sad sometimes if you are alone so you needs to meet people in the fussy city.

Always in the city must be busy, scare, nervous, confuse with many problems so you needs to relax on the beach.

So I think Beach and City should be healing each other conditions.

I voted for BKK, just my opinion.

yesssss I love the beach but not for live life, only for relax

I love to enjoy the beach but not really enjoy to live in anywhere than BKK.

Traffic, pollution but alot of things to enjoy and all convenience stuffs plus I live here for whole life (22 yrs), dont want to change, Im too lazy ....

if I tired of living in BKK, I can go out of BKK to relax and come back with fresh feeling.

must be somewhere like samui (isn't include island???) or atleast Phuket. Bkk it's too terrible for me ...

I leavedd bkk once time (about March) for looking for a job there ...I only got my wings that I use to fly but ...when I was there I found that I need something else too and life there doesn't really easy at all for me. maybe one day i would rebuild my dream agian ;-)

ps. jomtien is nice and much better than patthaya

hey charlie,

Was thinking about that as well... Really don't like a 2 hours drive be it in a car or bus or cab... Better have a 1 hour flight and talk to the FA's :-D.

da2day,

Yes I like mountains too. In fact looking for some kind of compromise. I love the mountains and nature, beaches but also fast internet, .... so I end up in bkk. Does not really makes sense right... Hahaha. This place spells phuket :-D. But then again... Miss you all in the big city. Who knows when I settle down with a partner 8) will look for a sandy beach..