Where do ladyboys go when they get older?

Sean_D

Seriously, where do they go when they are older?

Ive been to THL many times, lived there for 15 months on one strech, travelled north to south, east to west.I have never seen an 'older' Thai ladyboy.

Someone posted on a another site said that many ladyboys succumb to a promiscuos lifestyle and die the result of the various afflictions that come with unprotected high risk intercourse.Thats a pretty broad generalization, and I dont see this lifestyle as something you just 'outgrow' as you get older, so what else is there?

Like once in MBK i saw a LB working there that must have been late 20's or early 30's but thats it and LBs are so common in THL i dont even give them a second look any more.

Anyone? ...Anyone?....Bueller?

All the unrelated banter from this topic has been trimmed like mould from raw meat. Stay on topic and stop with the childish pokes. I'm feeling generous tonight and seem to have an extra large box of yellow cards.

Edit: Don't panic. Your posts hav NOT been deleted (priceless material at that). If you look in the 'Alternative Lifestyles' forum, you will see the locked part of this thread which I split.

holy crap....the whole thing deleted????....

seems that there are two threads?

the original one which got locked and this one?

Well, I'll repost what I submitted before.

In the original topic posting, the only stereotype that could possibly be extracted, is the suggestion that Ladyboys are wildly sexually promiscuous.... sure some of the are, but some of them are not!!!

I think that in the original topic which was locked there were a few people who over-reacted to peoples responses. We used to have a name for those people - knights in shining armour.... well perhaps in this case, they are knights in village people costumes?

Actually I agree with what Loburt posted, which is along the lines of "what right does Goodghost have to make derogatory remarks [especially about a subset of people that he is not a member of], and tell people to f*ck off...." and based on simple logic, if he does have a right to tell people that, then other people have to right to tell him that too....?

Freedom of speech? Princess?....um.. oh nevermind.

Goodghost you are treading on wafer thin ice. If you took the time to look around and read before you post your one-line wonders, you'd see what happened to the other posts. Consider this a generous verbal warning. Your pebble throwing into my pool of patience is not appreciated.

From the locked forum:

they will become the make up artist ( yes they are so good of it )

some could be hair dresser

but there are not only the way life is

some of them have very successful life

some dont..just like straight people

I guess they find a German husband and go to live there :shock: 8) :lol:
... One thing very amazing about ladyboys & Gays is ... -talent-....

... they seemed to be very talented for no matter what they do .....

So, when they age ... becoming older ... they become richer.... thats why you dont see them walking on the street ....

I once saw loads of old... Gays and Ladyboys.. they still go dancing at DJ station, Narcissus .. < I once saw a group of old gays there... though they did not dance like crazy.... they seemed to enjoy the club very much...>

.. Loads of older Gays & ladyboys in advertising business & Movie Business .... Go check at those big agencies in Thailand.... fashion show-s, spa-s, Jewelly Store-s, Fancy boutique-s.. & many more places ....

.. when they become older... they seemed to like to go outing to places together .... just like women.... I guess.

-WB-

PS.. ever tired -the babylon- at Satorn ?? .... I suppose loads of int. older gagys like to go there....

"]

I thought...Denmark :idea:

I actually have seen old lady boys .....Their living style is just like normal people

It caused from their younger life.....Common thing for everyone

Hehe.. Yeah they all end up in Germany.... Every year Octoberfest gets wilder...

that was your very first post on TF?

interesting.

i'm sure all ladyboys don't succumb to the results of a "promiscuous lifestyle." but, it's true that there are virtually no outreach programs here in thailand targeted at educating transgender youths about safe sex and the dangers of hiv/aids and promiscuity in general. aids rates among transgenders are inordinately high. that's a tragedy.

but they are also inordinately high among gay youth in general, because, according to senator mechai viravaidya, the current government has drastically cut funding for hiv/aids education.

thailand is generally regarded as one of the world's most inspiring success stories in combating the hiv/aids epidemic.

according to senator mechai, this government has squandered all that and is taking thailand back to the dark ages when it comes to hiv/aids.

ermmmm....I lived here for two years.....I don't recall seeing a ladyboy over the age of about 30......I suppose, if one sets aside political correctness, and all other sensitivities, for a minute, it's a valid question/observation without any ill intent.
I thought the question was legitimate as well. In fact, by coincidence, just today I was wondering the same thing myself - before I saw the question posted here on ThailandFriends.

It's an undeniable fact that it is possible to see many younger ladyboys out and about in Bangkok - but not so many older ones. I personally don't have any theory about what happens to them. Maybe they grow out of it? (Unlikely, I suppose.) Maybe they just stay home? (Also unlikely.) Most likely, I suppose, is that they have found some other way of making a living - out of public view. Or maybe they are there in front of our eyes just like they always were - but we don't notice them because they are not as "pretty" as they were when they were young.

I thought Im going to have a quiet night in tonight... maybe I should go out and seek for an old LB .. or perhaps find out where they all are .. :roll:

Are you drunk?

not yet.....

in the confusion of the thread being split I must have misplaced one or two words.....

Nevermind that's cool. I've misplaced myself. (sometimes)

no worries....

I was wondering if your "are you drunk" comment implied a certain negative stereotype to my personality that some may interpret as a personal attack.... if I felt that were the case I would've simply told you to f*ck off, but since I didn't I could care less. ;)

Goodghost you are treading on wafer thin ice. If you took the time to look around and read before you post your one-line wonders, you'd see what happened to the other posts. Consider this a generous verbal warning. Your pebble throwing into my pool of patience is not appreciated.

Who is this princess person? Does she ever make a positive contribution to forums or or just blow off her pent up frustrations on TF members 24/7 by the use of...well the use of her mod powers ha ha ha!!!! woooohooooo......careful all!!!!

Excellent question, have though about it myself on several occasions. Yes, one hardly sees any older transsexuals (can't call a 50-year-old ladyboy, can you), at least not in Bangkok.

I do believe that in general their lifestyle will shorten their life expectancy; not a small percentage may die of AIDS, or just burn out. The ones who do make it past 40 or even 50 might slink back into their little hometowns or villages. Let's face it: as acttractive as a young ladyboy might be to some (not me), once they're beyond forty or so, in all likelyhood they'll be looking very, very pathetic. Big solid silicone boobs don't look good on a sagging, wrinkled body, and a face which might look less feminine by the year. A forty year old female hooker might still catch the odd desperate punter in Sanam Luang, but an aging transsexual? I doubt it.

So, I guess most of them just whither away quietly and out of sight. Not a nice fate.

Who is this princess person? Does she ever make a positive contribution to forums or or just blow off her pent up frustrations on TF members 24/7 by the use of...well the use of her mod powers ha ha ha!!!! woooohooooo......careful all!!!!

Who is this Matthew person? Does he know that I know his dirty little secret? Whoops...careful bubbaboy...don't wanna blow your cover and unleash the gods of doom on you :)

We're watching you carefully...I'd suggest keeping a low profile. Sneaking around only works when you do it quietly.

i dont a gree

and that is your right to think like that

sometimes conversation go too far, it needs to be someone to wacth out

i have seen what mod have ben doing

if they are so unfair, they wouldnt be trusted to be a mod

and see, zeus is mod too, he is with goodghost

fair play ,mate

2 mods and no one else got yellow carded (self included) for an exchange that went a bit too far, but don't let facts get in the way of whining about mods' 'abuse of power.' thanks for your sense of fairness, matthew.r... if and when you find it.

DR.CANDY: i happen to agree with goodghost once and only once... and now we're a team? :cry: i think the only other thing goodghost and i have in common is that we both have cats :P

ermm...i belive this is the point where somebody says...."f-...off".....and then politely ducks for cover.

btw...really...who ARE you anyway?

Hey Hey......Just to throw my oar in the water..

From what I have seen in ''Funtown'' Pattaya...I would hazard a guess that most of the Khatoeys/Transexuals/Transvestites (did I miss anybody) retire to ITALY...

Cos almost everytime I have seen one (khatoey) in the last few Months they have had an Italian holding their hand....In fact the ''Linda bar'' is so popular with our latin friends they have now started serving pasta........ :D

Who is this Matthew person? Does he know that I know his dirty little secret? Whoops...careful bubbaboy...don't wanna blow your cover and unleash the gods of doom on you :)

We're watching you carefully...I'd suggest keeping a low profile. Sneaking around only works when you do it quietly.

Come on....it doesn't take a rocket scientist now does it....!!!! :P I cannot be bothered logging on via proxy each time, and have told a few people......A couple of mods included....so if you didn't know then, I would be very surprised, the MOD Forum on me makes for interesting reading, nothing very imaginative there.

:twisted: