Where's the best hamburger in Bangkok?

khun_lung

Question

Okay, people, I am having a serious craving for a GOOD hamburger, but I have yet to find a really decent one here in bkk. Hard Roach Cafe isn't bad, Outhouse Steakback isn't bad either, but not really up to American standards. So where do YOU go to get a decent burger?

And anyone who says McDonald's or Burger King needs a new mouth!

I had a decent burger at Buddy Bar on cow san rd yes that is the way I spell it :)

Never came across a place that had a really good burger like at home no fuddruckers here or an O' Charles

mc dicks isn't bad for nuggets, fries and a sundae lol...

I wonder why there isn't a Taco Bell here yet? my ass burns for some good mexican food anyone have any ideas where to find that at?

I had a decent burger at Buddy Bar on cow san rd yes that is the way I spell it :)

Never came across a place that had a really good burger like at home no fuddruckers here or an O' Charles

I wonder why there isn't a Taco Bell here yet? my ass burns for some good mexican food anyone have any ideas where to find that at?

Eddie you're in luck! Head for Charley Brown's at Sukhumvit 11 for the best Mexican in Bangkok. It's a little hard to find so PM me if you want directions. It's only open for dinner. Another place is Bourbon Street Restaurant at Sukhumvit 22. They have a Mexican all-you-can-eat buffet on Tuesday evenings and it's pretty good. Again, it's a little off the beaten path but google it and you can find the website complete with menu and a map. Their burgers aren't very good but their fried chicken is arguably the best in Thailand!

There used to be a Taco Bell at Siam Square but it just wasn't popular and closed. There also used to be a Bob's Big Boy, maybe still is but I've never found it. TGI Fridays has also come and gone, along with Wendy's, Domino's Pizza, Arby's, etc.

Okay, people, I am having a serious craving for a GOOD hamburger, but I have yet to find a really decent one here in bkk. Hard Roach Cafe isn't bad, Outhouse Steakback isn't bad either, but not really up to American standards. So where do YOU go to get a decent burger?

And anyone who says McDonald's or Burger King needs a new mouth!

Try Bully's Pub on Sukhumvit Road just past Soi 4. Not a bad patty.

Eddie you're in luck! Head for Charley Brown's at Sukhumvit 11 for the best Mexican in Bangkok. It's a little hard to find so PM me if you want directions. It's only open for dinner. Another place is Bourbon Street Restaurant at Sukhumvit 22. They have a Mexican all-you-can-eat buffet on Tuesday evenings and it's pretty good. Again, it's a little off the beaten path but google it and you can find the website complete with menu and a map. Their burgers aren't very good but their fried chicken is arguably the best in Thailand!

There used to be a Taco Bell at Siam Square but it just wasn't popular and closed. There also used to be a Bob's Big Boy, maybe still is but I've never found it. TGI Fridays has also come and gone, along with Wendy's, Domino's Pizza, Arby's, etc.

What the ****!!!! How the hell could Taco Bell fail in Thailand? Taco Bell is the ****.... Even though it gives me the shits.... It's well worth it...

I work in Seoul Korea and TGIF is so freakin crowded here all the time.... It's funny how some things succeed in one country and flop in another one... Risk venture for sure....

Oh yeah... Who let my ball out.... Who Who Who Who....

Nana Burger... not only for 2am :P

Nui burgers only taste good because it's 2 am and you're blitzed.

Notice how Nui smothers the burgers in a ton of onions, tomatoes, greens and sauces.

Why?

Because the burger itself is rat meat and tastes like it.

2words

RAT ... GOOD

Nana burgers are excellent...drunk or otherwise *drool*

Take it from me, best burger in town is in Soi Rangnam , near Victory Monument. Tee Sud Isaan Restaurant. They have about 10 different burgers on the menu around the 150baht mark. Was mentioned as best in bkk in the Bangkok Post 2 years back and I'd agree.

I live quite close to Victory Monument but don't know about this place. How can I find it? Any landmarks?

Nothing compares to my favourite burger place in Sydney but in All Seasons Place NEXT to Burger King is a burger restaurant that has a lot of different burgers from a good standard type burger Beef patty, bacon, cheese, egg etc. whatever you want made up to more exotic ones.

Cant recall the name but worthy of a try.

Yes, I've been there I think. Modeled after a 50's American diner, right? I can say that the burger was okay, but on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd still give it only a 6.

Nana Burger... not only for 2am :P

GullyBurger at Khao San is good too.

What the hell would a Brit know about a good hamburger? And I'll bet you go for the "gravy burger" too!

See, I'm smart enough not to comment on fish n' chips!

Brits know that the only good thing to eat at 2am is a doner kebab. "You want chili sauce?"

It's a routine: Beer, Curry, Beer, kebab, fight, vomit...

Best hamburger in BKK? Dunno, but the restaurant at my apartment does a fine meaty impression of one.

See, part of the problem is that for about the last two years, beef imported from America has been banned in Thailand over fears of mad cow disease. That ban was about to be lifted a couple of weeks ago, then some American beef company made a boo-boo and shipped some beef to Japan that had a spinal column intact. Japan had insisted that all brain and spinal materials be removed to reduce the chances of mad cow disease. And of course Thailand followed the lead of the Japanese and extended the ban on American beef.

Beef for consumption in Thailand is local, or if imported comes mainly from Australia, New Zealand (where cows are grass-fed and the meat is not very tender compared to grain-fed cattle), or Brazil or Argentina. The quality of beef, including hamburgers, is likely to improve when the Americans get their poop in a pile and can start shipping American beef to Thailand again.

make it your self you lazy bastard!!! :lol:

its the only way to get a good burgar made with real meat, or not half rotten meat :)

I've been very, very tempted to do exactly that! But I shop at Villa Market (Phaholyothin Soi 8) and the burger patties are frozen and come in six-packs as do the buns. Not very practical for someone who lives alone. Maybe I should announce a TF burger event!

I absolutely don't mind Burger King "Whopper Junior" with Stawberry Milkshake right now. :D YUM!

Miss Deester, not that I refuse to eat at Burger King but I think you've never had a *real* hamburger and that's what this thread is all about. If we, in our collective wisdom and experience can find the right place to experience that, I'll invite you!

Okay, a confession. After I posted this thread I was thinking, where can I go to have a burger that I've not been before? And then the idea hit me...the new Tony Roma's at Siam Paragon! So I hopped on the BTS and went there this afternoon!

Well, the restaurant is very nice and the view was unexpectedly lovely, overlooking a tropical garden with a pond and lotus blossoms. After looking at the menu I got side-tracked by the roast beef sandwich. Roast beef??? Yum!!! And I canceled my plan to have a burger and ordered the roast beef sandwich!

The result? It was barely acceptable. The beef was pre-cooked and not warm enough to melt the cheese and not too tasty, but a little salt helped, and the bun was really quite good. So...on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give it barely a 4, just acceptable. But the ambiance was lovely and it made for a nice afternoon.

Still in pursuit of the perfect burger!

yeah....plus what "the english" know about "a good steak" is plain shameful

I think we call what the english call a steak ..."a chop"

for once ...got to side with the yanks.....now the "yanks".....I've heard rumours of a place in the states doing a 2.0kg steak ...whereby if you eat it you dont pay for it.....tried that once with a 1.5kg steak and didnt come close ....so 2.0 kg's is something of a monster...

living in thailand is not exactly great if you a meat lover..(unless we talking like...in the context of silom soi 2 or whatever) ....but I doubt an englishman would notice much.....

make it your self you lazy bastard!!! :lol:

its the only way to get a good burgar made with real meat, or not half rotten meat :)

I've been very, very tempted to do exactly that! But I shop at Villa Market (Phaholyothin Soi 8) and the burger patties are frozen and come in six-packs as do the buns. Not very practical for someone who lives alone. Maybe I should announce a TF burger event!

The Iwanna hamburgar Event

frozen isn't very good either, buy half a kg make a big one, and a meatloaf :)