Err.. what is the word for "Rad" as "áô&quot

WiCKeDBiRD

... Oh well... I dont teach bad words to my Sugar Dada BUT he went out with his Mates and his mate told him that One bird is Rad Maak Maak..... :shock:

He didnt quite understand what does it really mean in English. When he got back home he asked me... :roll:

So, I told him.... Phu Ying Rad is Mmmm... kind of a <slutty alike> bird who does everything inappropriately in public to get attention from Men... kind of loud, easy,fast, misbehavior ..... and not too coy... :?

.. if a bird seemed to be very shy & quiet and kept herself very well BUT she was very fast behind public's eyes .... she was NOT Rad... she was "Nam Ning Lai Luk"... ¹éÓ¹Ôè§äËÅÅÖ¡.... :?

Mmmm is there any word in one word in English just for Phu Ying RAD-áô ??? Anyone knows ??

Thanks..

-WB-

when i was young i'd use the word 'áô' to describe someone slutty or being a b*tch or pretentious, i rarely use it nowadays. but i've heard it a lot in the fresh market and bars around nana..

if someone is being sexually slutty, whoring, or sleeps around, i think the word 'ÊÓÊèù' fits better.

as for being pretentious, i'd use the word '¡ÃÃá´Ã' to describe that set of action

and for being nosy, uninvited, wanting to know about other ppl's business, i rather use the word 'ÊÒÃÃá¹' (more polite than 'Ê-ãÊèà¡×á')

well, we can go on and on about how to describe a b*tch in thai... oh, i use the term 'ÃÂÒ¡ÃÕ-ÑǨ¹µÑÇÊÑè¹' to describe someone who desperately tries so hard to be sexy and get a date.

i'd better stop it now

:lol:

... LOL....

I think Khun D & Khun V need to get a session with Cherry.... :twisted:

... Khun V is a farang < »Ò¡¨Ñ´> Pak Jud Maak Maak... he is kind of like Simon Cowell.. he gets me laugh so hard at times... He ¡Ñ´µÒÂàÅ µÒÂʹԷ.... :lol:

when i was young i'd use the word 'áô' to describe someone slutty or being a b*tch or pretentious, i rarely use it nowadays. but i've heard it a lot in the fresh market and bars around nana..

Yup, the word is still in use a lot in Isaan but less so in Bangkok. I presume that is your point.

I don't think "rad" is exactly the same as "slutty".

I have translated it as "looking for some action". It's as much to do with the intention as the "look". These words are hard to translate between cultures and languages.

¹éÓ¹Ôè§äËÅÅÖ¡ literally is quite similar to the English phrase "still waters run deep". I don't think it's like "coquettish". For me it refers to a woman who is respectable and quiet and shy in her manner but might be more hotblooded and passionate underneath. It's not necessarily an insult at all, is it?

I suppose submarines (regardless of color) flow quickly under the surface while leaving the waters above still and undisturbed....

• 3 weeks later...
áô [R-A-D] = animal (rhinoceros)

same meaning of

ÃèÒ¹ [R-A-N] = to crave a husband, unashamed, precocious(negative)

... I personally find a word Ran is way stronger than a word Rad ....

I think so....

It's worse than Rad

but of course, more effective if you want to get into someone's nerve 8)

:lol:

LOL ... Yeah ...

Though.. I do believe that Women are allowed to be "Rad" at times BUT they could do it diplomatically.... aka "áôÃÂèÒ§ÃÕªÑé¹àªÔ§".... 8)

• 1 month later...