Man smashes Erawan statue, beaten to death

accuframe

I feel sad for the dead man....when a mob kill somebody,

it turns out that no one was committing a crime...

(each did just a little bit of kick, and hit)

But at present Thai Buddhists is really mad at Muslim coz buddhist monk is killed in the south.....so the man who destroyed a state invoke rage....and vengeance....

But at present Thai Buddhists is really mad at Muslim coz buddhist monk is killed in the south.....so the man who destroyed a state invoke rage....and vengeance....

Yes, but at present Thai Muslims are really mad at Buddhists coz many Muslims, including religious teachers, have been killed in the south. Not to mention a famous Muslim lawyer killed by Buddhist policemen. Who were not punished for killing him.

The cycle of violence goes on.

• 1 year later...

Something to ponder on:

How much reverence is put into un-living objects. Putting them above the living.

I'm under the believe that one persons' life is much more valuable then any monument in this earth... yet many more people will be killed over objects of reverence.

I can't imagine when some fool bombs Mecca (or any revered monument) for example, what horrid things would happen in this world.

The essence of the ideal can never be smashed yet anger held that an ideal is attacked.

No matter how badly damaged the object is, people hold it's true

intangible (shapeless) form :-)

With reverence i look upon a Buddha statue for ideals rather then the object: It is no object to worship, it is an art of an ideal. If it is smashed i am sad and hope it would be rebuilt but my ideal survives unaffected :-)

The man was smashed with maddness for his madness. ...

"I saw him climb over the fence and use a hammer to hit the statute," said Wandee Vichai, 42, a vendor who was one of the few eyewitnesses to the incident.

"I started to scream and some trash collectors came out and chased after the man. When I caught up with them he was lying dead on the pavement," Wandee told Deutsche Presse-Agentur, dpa.

"We're worried the destruction of Phra Pom will affect our business," said vendor Wandee. "There are more than 50 families that make their living off selling items of worship to people who come here."

the enlightened view is to see the statue as a representation. the vendors that live off of it see it as a Golden Goose. don't **** wid da Golden Goose. what happened, nasty and brutish as it is, will help to insure that the Golden Goose is undisturbed. (and the enforcers will pay a stiff price for their devotion to duty).

"power flows from the barrel of a gun" [or somethin like that]. the Hells Angels understand this. nobody f**ks with a Hells Angel because anybody knows that all the little Angels will seriously f**k up anybody that does, who was right or wrong or being an a**hole having nothing to do with it. witness the crowd at the Stones' Altamont concert parting like the Red Sea for Moses.

the most aggressive religions are the ones that survive and spread. look what happens when chinese communism (a sorta religion) meets tibetan Buddhism (although i vaguely remembr somethin about "yellow hat" buddhism having its aggressive periods when it could, historically.) tibetans (buddhists) could afford to be relatively peaceful before because protected by geography/topography. now tibetans are a persecuted minority in their own country.