Praise Allah !!

Mikee_Moose

I always thought...if the americvan foreign policy in the middle east was ever about helping people....they would be dropping dollars ...and not bombs.....in fact....if they dropped the same ammount of money into Iraq as the cost of the war....I can promise you....America would be every Iraqi's best buddy....

no one would be lining up to suicide bomb westerners in the name of "jihad"...

Couldn't agree with you more, but getting back on topic...

I saw the "offensive" T-shirt in question... it wasn't referring to terrorists activities in the name of Islam, but more at the intolerance of that particular religion towards the recent Mohamed cartoons scandal.

no mate....not funny......

i've got perfectly good muslim mates.....who haven't gone over the top with those cartoons .....but they don't need you further taking the piss at their plight....

If you mean their plight for a Palastinian state ect., then I'm right behind you. But if you were talking about their plight to silence and censor religeous satire, then I'm against you.

It appears that there is a double standard when it comes to which religions we can and can not take the piss out of. In the name of equality (and common sense), I take the piss out of all of them equally... well maybe Catholics and Mormons get the shittier end of my stick, but that's only because I know more about their absurd teachings than other religions.

I suggest that you delete your entry in respect to those who may be offended. There are indeed some TF members who are Muslim.

Bollocks to that. I'm a devout Atheist and I feel compelled to preach and to expose all religions for the sick mind games that they are... I rarely see anybody respecting my belief that Mohamed was nothing more than a warmongering pedophile and misogynist.

It wasn't that long ago that Christians we're burning folk at the stake for heresy or for saying that the earth revolved around the sun. It was only through freely expressing our opinions (in which satire played a major role) that helped advance Christianity into what it is today. People that are over sensitive about their religious beliefs really have no place in a free and modern society.

offensive-cartoon.gif

If you want to be respected, start respecting the fact that some people will use satire to highlight their point.

Ive watched this forum with interest and up until now Ive resisted the urge to throw in my comments and be dragged into a discussion that started with a t-shirt and somehow got onto religion and war.

I live and work in Saudi Arabia where I have both benefited and suffered from what is apparently muslim hospitality. I asked Arabs who work with me what they thought of this t-shirt slogan and 7 out of 9 of them could see the humour that was intended and didnt feel the need to boycot t-shirts as a reprisal. If they can laugh at it, so can we........ one guy summed it up by asking why we feel the need to make excuses and explanations for what we believe is a bit of fun, are we that paranoid?

I agree its a sensitive subject, but lets have a look at the fun side of life, thats what was intended in the first place.

they ( the military Industrial complex ) uses the fanatics to gain support for their own objectives. Religion leads people and thats control. Mass manipulation in the name of God, Allah, Jesus who ever gets people behind your objectives.

But surely it's in the best interests of mankind to let people be manipulated and controlled rather than be let free and quite literally do as they please(very possible in the myriad of countries under weak governorship).You would potentially have a couple of billion uneducated peasants/factory workers/unemployed on the rampage. Religion,by and large ,despite insurgency by a tiny minority,is at least is quite an effective device for maintaining law and order? Just a thought...

I don't think anyone would argue with you about man needing law and order. I think its more the quality of maintenence thats in question. Control for the good of the people is one thing but control of the people so they can be good cheap workers and live in **** holes is another. Good leaders who care about more then profits and have balls to go against the pwers that be are rare but there have been a few.

I agree its a sensitive subject

The best way to deal with over sensitivity in the long term is to desensitise... not wrap it up in cotton wool.

I asked Arabs who work with me what they thought of this t-shirt slogan and 7 out of 9 of them could see the humour that was intended and didnt feel the need to boycot t-shirts as a reprisal. If they can laugh at it, so can we........ one guy summed it up by asking why we feel the need to make excuses and explanations for what we believe is a bit of fun, are we that

Actually, that's a very valid point. The muslims I know back home respect my views and aren't above having a laugh about the more ridiculous aspects of their religion over a pint. I think a lot has to do with education. But it does seems that some of the blame stems from non Muslims that are offended on behalf of Islamic community.

The government back home (UK) have unwittingly caused a lot of resentment towards our Muslim communities by dictating what we should and shouldn't be offended by. Banning Christmas cards and replacing them with holiday cards, altering the nativity play... the list is endless. One fireman was told to remove a 1 inch sticker from his fire truck window that depicted the British flag. The reason? So as not to cause offence to non Brits. I have yet to meet any non Brits that are offended by displaying the union jack in my own country, just as I've yet to meet a Muslim that is offended by a Christmas tree or Santa. But the backlash of such directives only inflames resentment towards the people they are trying to protect. Do these politically correct wankpots really understand the damage they are doing?

• 3 months later...

Novel idea: Can you say "Separation of church and state?" ....... this will move through the Islamic world like a snail accross my driveway.

in real terms it moved across the Christian world like a snail also. a lot of what u have quoted would have applied to christain countries in the not too distant past, so it doesn't apply exclusively to the Muslim religion. i beleve it would be a much better world if there was NO religion, but not everyone is gonna agree with that !!

improving education and living standards in the developing (not just muslim) world is the road to achieving a fairer and safer and (hopefully) more peaceful world and society.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Yes, I said it. **** allah, mohammad, god, jesus, the virgin mary, buddah, the pope, and any other religion or religious figure out there.

I do actually believe in freedom of religion, It does, however, offend me that i can not have the freedom to poke fun at them.

I actually own a few anti-religious shirts, like mohammad kissing a pig, the pope smoking dope, an asian slapping buddah on his fat tummy, well you get the idea.

I should not have to act a certain way or supress my opinions just because someone else can not handle it. If religion can talk bad about the world, then i can talk bad about the religions of the world. Fair is fair.

Yes, I said it. f*ck allah, mohammad, god, jesus, the virgin mary, buddah, the pope, and any other religion or religious figure out there.

I do actually believe in freedom of religion, It does, however, offend me that i can not have the freedom to poke fun at them.

I actually own a few anti-religious shirts, like mohammad kissing a pig, the pope smoking dope, an asian slapping buddah on his fat tummy, well you get the idea.

I should not have to act a certain way or supress my opinions just because someone else can not handle it. If religion can talk bad about the world, then i can talk bad about the religions of the world. Fair is fair.

in principle, fair IS fair. so you won't mind me wearing my t-shirt of you getting porked up the ass by your prison-husband, right?

Yes, I said it. f*ck allah, mohammad, god, jesus, the virgin mary, buddah, the pope, and any other religion or religious figure out there.

in principle, fair IS fair. so you won't mind me wearing my t-shirt of you getting porked up the ass by your prison-husband, right?

i notice you didn't respond. are you offended? would you deny me my freedom of expression? after all, i'm just AHEM poking fun at you, the hypothetical t-shirt would obviously be a photoshop job or cartoon--i don't even KNOW your prison husband...

DO YOU GET IT YET? i doubt it.

FYI i am not religious and do not endorse any organized religion.

i notice you didn't respond. are you offended? would you deny me my freedom of expression? after all, i'm just AHEM poking fun at you, the hypothetical t-shirt would obviously be a photoshop job or cartoon--i don't even KNOW your prison husband...

DO YOU GET IT YET? i doubt it.

how can you be a god with out religion ? is that like a monk without money?

how can you be a god with out religion ? is that like a monk without money?

bitterness maybe? a feeling of being cheated by that Jewish dude?

NEWS FLASH: no one worships the greek gods anymore. oh sure there's talk of reinstating us in Greece, but that's like well over half the movies that get pitched around hollywood--the chances of anything actually happening are close to zero.