"Saew"

smartass

Which "seaw" do you mean? Like "seaw" = Thrill? ,,,,I don't think so... :?

sAew NOT sEaw!! i think your p'james(is it his name) should come home soon!!!

tease and banter are more like for friends i think.

Oops! :oops: Misunderstood.Yes his name is james but i never call him P'.He's just a tard! LOL! :P

àÊ×ÂÇ ? Not sure of the spelling....but think its common mean is is horny, randy etc

As for motorcycle taxi drivers, builders etc looking at girls thats called, ''Pervin'' or ''letchin'' Short for the action a pervert or letcher would do...

P'Daz please dont bring the normal subject to X rate one

its á«Ç no àÊÕÂÇ lol!!!!

I must be a perv - cus first time i saw "seaw" i thought cha-cha mean àÊ×ÂÇ too!

hmm ogling is only to staring at someone yeah? so i dont think it is the word...cos when you SAEW (not saw, or seaw or siew:)) someone you tend to say/do something (like whistle or sing their local-dialect song) to the person too...

so if there is no other word that fits better....then i guess its perving.

The first word in the Oxford dictionary's definition of ogling is "lecherous." So if that person thinks ogling is an acceptable form of fliring, now you know why he's not so popular. To some degree, however, I think it depends upon the ogler and his or her particular style of ogling.

The dictionary does also only make reference to ogling being staring and nothing else.

But in common usage in New York we would say a group of construction workers were ogling women passersby.

And it's highly unlikely that any group of construction workers ogling women passrsby would limit their activities to mere lecherous stares. Expect a lot of banter back and forth between them on the relative merits or deficiencies of the passersby and comments and catcalls directed at them.

We generally include all of that under the word "ogling" even if Oxford's dictionary does not.

But that's just us.

ok ok .... so i was perving !! what u gonna do ?? sue me ??

thats an american way... thai way would be more simple...***** slap you, then kick you in the nuts...and make scrathes on your back. hows that? lol

thats an american way... thai way would be more simple...b*tch slap you, then kick you in the nuts...and make scrathes on your back. hows that? lol

NOT AGAIN !! that's what u did last time. thought it was my turn to dish out the punishment this time !!

The first word in the Oxford dictionary's definition of ogling is "lecherous." So if that person thinks ogling is an acceptable form of fliring, now you know why he's not so popular. To some degree, however, I think it depends upon the ogler and his or her particular style of ogling.

The dictionary does also only make reference to ogling being staring and nothing else.

But in common usage in New York we would say a group of construction workers were ogling women passersby.

And it's highly unlikely that any group of construction workers ogling women passrsby would limit their activities to mere lecherous stares. Expect a lot of banter back and forth between them on the relative merits or deficiencies of the passersby and comments and catcalls directed at them.

We generally include all of that under the word "ogling" even if Oxford's dictionary does not.

But that's just us.

ha! this just proves no matter race or nationality you are...construction workers at least in thailand and in NY or america? have similar traits.

its a level of education isnt it?

:roll:

thats an american way... thai way would be more simple...b*tch slap you, then kick you in the nuts...and make scrathes on your back. hows that? lol

NOT AGAIN !! that's what u did last time. thought it was my turn to dish out the punishment this time !!

ah you mistakened me with another person. asians do look even more the same when its dark.

• 4 weeks later...
if you don't know the speakers (male) - saew mean speak some words seem like flirting because they try to get your attention.

so what is "saew" in english?

ie. i hate it when motorcycle taxis "saew" me when i walk pass them.

Ãëà á«Ç ËÃÃ?

you mean the verb ?

i think, it's a kind of speaking.

men speak to women they don't know - saew mean speak some words seem like flirting because they want to get your attention.

OIC is right.

By friend to friend - saew mean badinage or to tease by words.

whatever... the purpose is not trying to make you angry.

maybe they think you are charmer. it's good... don't hate them. :wink:

• 1 month later...

á«Ç (saew, saaeo) middle tone, verb.

Means to mock, to tease, to make fun of, to "take the piss" when used among friends, faimily

Means more like to ogle, to perv (slang), to "hit on", to tease, when talking about a man to a woman he doesn't know. Agreed with smartass that it's not easy to find a single translation. If the object of the attention is a female and it's unwanted, then "ogle" often works, even if saew doesn't really mean anything about looking/staring.

translations such as "flirt or tease" don't work well in this sense because it doesn't describe the classic construction worker scenario where (usually) the woman doesn't want the attention.

àÊÕÂÇ (seeo, siaw) rising tone, adjective.

Really means "thrilled, thrilling" but colloquially it often refers to a sexual thrill. I think "horny" is a possible and common translation, but it seems a little direct and crude. The Thai expression is politer and more acceptable in polite conversation meaning more like "turned on, turning (me) on, excited".

A roller coaster ride can be seeo, but probably not horny!

If you as a farang have only come across the word "seeo" in the context of sex and think it only means "horny" better keep that to yourself as that kind of not-quite-accurate translation is a typical indicator of spending too much time in the wrong kind of bar :)

à©ÕèÂÇ (cheeo, chiaw) low tone, verb.

A scrape, a near miss, or a close shave.

In smartass' example, her encounter with the construction worker could be saew, seeo, and cheeo, all at the same time(!), but presumably she meant the first word.

actually, i think the thai way is that he'll have a visit from a guy on the back of a motorcyle.