Question for non-natives

bobbyboy112003

hmmmmmmmmm................................

I can't honestly think of a single major difference between living in Thailand and living in Canada....

--Ling

P.S. Oh wait! I can remember one thing! I love walking. Canada has a lot of space for walking, and our cities are all friendly to pedestrians. I walk a lot in Toronto. BKK is not a walking city to say it mildly. I used to try anyway, I used to walk all over the place. I even walked once from deep in Sukhumwit soi 39 to the Grand Palace, and the first time I ever arrived in BKK, 18 years old, still recovering from a particularly evil hangover in HK, heavy backpack, with only enough money left to get a 60B minibus from the airport to the Asia Hotel on Phayathai north of Siam Square, I walked from there to soi 39 in the middle of a humid July day :) LOL... a great introduction to BKK! (Fortunately for me the place I was walking to was my dad's apartment, and he was coming back to BKK the next day from a business trip.) And I've never once fallen down a hole in the pavement!

I had to give up walking so much in BKK because I started to develop emphysema from the BKK air :P (emphysema = lung disease usually caused by heavy smoking). (I'm joking of course, but it's scary that I thought it was even remotely necessary to *say* that I'm joking.)

Now I'm spoiled by the BTS and frequent use of a car when I'm in the Land of Smiles... oh for the good old days when all the non-aircon buses were at most 2.5B and no one used cellphones! I still enjoy taking BKK buses of all shapes and sizes though.