Thailand public holidays

khun_lung

Question

It appears that Monday and Tuesday are official Buddhist holidays in Thailand and I assume that these are designated as no alcohol days. My understanding is that there is no LEGAL requirement not to sell alcoholic beverages but most bar owners would either close or not serve alcohol. Perhaps someone can comment or confirm that.

For a listing of all public holidays for both 2006 and 2007 you can find it at this link:

http://ash-hotel.com/siam/holiday.htm

5 answers to this question

All Government Organizations and schools will be off on both Mon & Tue for sure but many companies will be off on Tuesday only. And all Financial Institute use another schedule...

The Company I see that they always have holidays longer than any other co. in any occassion is CP Group.. I doubt if they wont be off on Monday... (except the entity factories)

No Alcolhol yeah but not at any private places..

those underground bars will still sell....alcohol and some other stuff.

and no... hotels do not close on those 2 days, hence, I will have to work 6 days ... :evil:

You've made me terribly curious, dear doctor. Ummmm...do you have a studio, wardrobe, changing room and unlimited privileges to use Photoshop at work? lol