Outdoor Gear Shops in BKK

music

Question

5 answers to this question

there's a procamfis in both siam discovery and emporium. they don't have a wide variety of the sort of hardcore outdoorsy stuff you'd be interested in, but the stuff they have tends to be good. got a waterproof bag for my computer there.

in siam discovery, near procamfis, there's a rock climbing gear shop, and a north face store.

there are probably more and possibly better, but i rarely leave my hermetically-sealed apartment.

I see a lot of people with Tesco Lotus carrier bags tied round their feet in rainy season. Seems to work well, though when I tried it, I just ended up with my foot in a bag of water.

Not sure how that relates to this thread at all; I suppose it's just my experience of the budget end of the outdoor gear range...

Right, that Siam Discovery Center seems to be evolving into the camping gear center for Bangkok. In addition to those shops already mentioned there, there is another such shop next door to the Procamfis one, as well as a Timberland one across the way. Altogether there are five camping gear related stores all next to eachother on the same floor. (The third or fourth floor.)

There's also a small, independent camping gear store on the second floor of the Ploenchit Center on Sukhumvit at the corner of Soi 2. They have gear from a variety of manufacturers.

And the place that Loburt mentioned on Sukhumvit between Villa and Soi 25 is closer to Soi 25, so if you're walking, start your walk from the Asoke intersection direction.