Why god put us here?

hbkbkk

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The meaning of life is to get what you want.

if you want success, and you get it, you'll be satisfied with life; if you want to be charitable, and you succeed, you'll be successful. To deny what you want in life completely -- accepting having failed or having received that which none desire -- is nihilism, a contradiction of purpose and meaning. If your God gives you meaning, or you give your God meaning, good on you: you know what you want.

Take it.

• 2 months later...
It certainly looks that way

there are only 3 types of forum posters:

1) trolls

2) just plain boring

3) just plain boring trolls.

everyone is #2 at some point, and all who would be #1 are #3 most of the time, but most never make it out of the 2-3 range.

that sounds like sportscasting, is forum posting a sport now...

It certainly looks that way

there are only 3 types of forum posters:

1) trolls

2) just plain boring

3) just plain boring trolls.

everyone is #2 at some point, and all who would be #1 are #3 most of the time, but most never make it out of the 2-3 range.

that sounds like sportscasting, is forum posting a sport now...

it's never been more than that, although it has almost certainly been less.

"To be recognized as a religion there has to be a divinity and a miracle"

It sounds a lot like the "established" religions of the world have made up the "rules" of who they let into their club, so that others can't join....if they really apply those criteria, then how can anyone "join"? There has never been any kind of proof of the existence of a diety, nor of any miracles...oh yes...lots of CLAIMS...but not a single shred of proof...so...?

The reality is that whether you like it or not, Buddhism is a religion, and in fact is much more than that to a significant percentage of the world's population.

It sounds as if there is some implied political, financial, or other perceived or perhaps real advantage to being known as a "real" religion...but I doubt very much if many Buddhists are very concerned about being thought of as a "real" religion by people who are not of their faith anyway...I certainly dont.

BY the way, none of my Muslim friends consider the word "God" to be offensive as they use that word or Allah interchangeably during normal speech. Allah is simply "God" in Arabic, as another member correctly pointed out.

All this bollocks about political correctness was invented by mindless twats with nothing better to do but annoy the rest of us.

Greer

• 4 months later...

"To be recognized as a religion there has to be a divinity and a miracle"

It sounds a lot like the "established" religions of the world have made up the "rules" of who they let into their club, so that others can't join....if they really apply those criteria, then how can anyone "join"? There has never been any kind of proof of the existence of a diety, nor of any miracles...oh yes...lots of CLAIMS...but not a single shred of proof...so...?

The reality is that whether you like it or not, Buddhism is a religion, and in fact is much more than that to a significant percentage of the world's population.

It sounds as if there is some implied political, financial, or other perceived or perhaps real advantage to being known as a "real" religion...but I doubt very much if many Buddhists are very concerned about being thought of as a "real" religion by people who are not of their faith anyway...I certainly dont.

Greer

I did not invent those criteria to be recognized as a religion.

I think they were instated by the League of Nations, later copied by the UN.

It is not asked to proof the existence of a deity or of any miracles.

Buddhism DENIES explicitly the existence of a deity and denies explicitly miracles of any kind.

The reality is that by doing so it is not recognized as a religion but as a philosophy, a way of life, the teachings of ...or some will call it an"atheistic religion".

Atheists, like myself, accept "atheistic religions" (like Buddhism) as a way of life, as guidelines, wisdom ...

But it scares me to see so much ignorance among Buddhists or so called Buddhists who even do not know the basics of what they "believe" in, especially in countries with a low education level, ex: Thailand.

I know exactly why God put me here.

Though I have absolutely no idea why He also put the rest of you here.

Unless you are all some kind of test.

well i'm pretty sure he put all the cute big breasted ladies here for the sole intention of reproducing with me ..... shame he doesn't seem to have informed them of this fact !!!!

"I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)?

Believers: "Oh what a merciful Lord."

God: ......"suckers!!, I didn't say 'when'!!"

Believers: "Oh what a merciful Lord."

God:...."er...didn't you hear me?"

Believers: "We hear you oh Lord and we follow like sheep."

God:..."Damn!.....and I thought that ***** was hard to get rid of this morning!"