Why do Farangs have no taste?

indighost

Do Farang have bad taste in Thai women?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Do Farang have bad taste in Thai women?

• Yes!
    • No, they're usually with good-looking girls!
    • No, because ANY asian girl is necessarily HOT!

Okay, I'm not talking about clothes, or cars, or music...

Farangs in Thailand clearly have no taste in Thai women. I mean come on guys! This is Thailand! Foreigners get laughed at because (on the whole) they scoop up the dark-skinned girls who are, lets face it, also quite ugly!

Pretend you were back in Farangland, and some Asian expats decided that pimply-faced, buck-toothed girls were great! And they did so as a group... What would you think of Asians?

I agree that some girls look good with a tan, but mainly they're caucasians! Maybe Thai culture has just seeped into me a little too much. I like girls light-skinned, and (in the very least!) good-looking. But what do you think? All too often I see expats (the residents, not the whoring tourists) with just downright ugly, dark chicks!!!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beauty has nothing to do with skin colr

For many Thais and for you it might but this is your own personal preference.

Don't impose it on others.

There are many beautiful black and dark skinned women in the world.

If another man is happy with the way his woman looks even if she has dark skin, it is his business not mine.

I don't pick my woman by the colr or lightness of their skin.

I'm sure many other men agree with me.

Okay, I'm not talking about clothes, or cars, or music...

Farangs in Thailand clearly have no taste in Thai women. I mean come on guys! This is Thailand! Foreigners get laughed at because (on the whole) they scoop up the dark-skinned girls who are, lets face it, also quite ugly!

Pretend you were back in Farangland, and some Asian expats decided that pimply-faced, buck-toothed girls were great! And they did so as a group... What would you think of Asians?

I agree that some girls look good with a tan, but mainly they're caucasians! Maybe Thai culture has just seeped into me a little too much. I like girls light-skinned, and (in the very least!) good-looking. But what do you think? All too often I see expats (the residents, not the whoring tourists) with just downright ugly, dark chicks!!!

you no lob me!...is it because me is black? :roll:

shut up dude...pls dont let this info be know on the net....let them be with the dark-skinned gurls....more light-skinned gurls for you :wink:

I must think I'm handsome?! Far from it! Actually, the cheap price of a nose-job in Thailand is quite enticing!

But we're concentrating too much on skin-color here... I'm talking generally about just plain bad-looking girls. I perhaps didn't put enough emphasis on my belief that there are many beautiful darker-skinned girls of SE Asian descent!

I'm glad that this topic is rolling along...

and as far as there being more light-skinned girls for me, HAH! You're right! :P

Now as for "prejudices", I think you mean "preferences", and yes, I have many. For example, I like short girls. Does that make me "heightist"? Are you trying to tell me you have no preferences for the opposite sex? Please!

As for accusations that I only look skin-deep into a woman, I can surely say that such an accusation certainly doesn't align with the truth. I was with a stunning (white-skinned) girl for a year; I broke up with her because she simply wasn't intelligent enough to reproduce with. (Consider me to be an intellectual elitist.)

Furthermore, one must admit that in Thailand, GENERALLY, skin-color and socio-economic status do correlate (moreso in the case of women, but also to some extent with men).

Now as for "prejudices", I think you mean "preferences", and yes, I have many. For example, I like short girls. Does that make me "heightist"? Are you trying to tell me you have no preferences for the opposite sex? Please!

As for accusations that I only look skin-deep into a woman, I can surely say that such an accusation certainly doesn't align with the truth. I was with a stunning (white-skinned) girl for a year; I broke up with her because she simply wasn't intelligent enough to reproduce with. (Consider me to be an intellectual elitist.)

I choose my words carefully (when I'm sober). I mean prejudice. And when you try to defend your non-racist position by saying you had a relationship with a white girl, I'm sorry but that does not really hold up as a valid argument.

True, Thai girls who are in need of financial stability will #u@% anyone with a credit card.

But you won't see a light-skinned girl with a fat, bald, speedo-donning sexpat. That's for sure.

Maybe I'm just stuck-up because I'm a thin, young, intelligent young man whose primary motive for residence in Thailand isn't the p00s. :shock: :lol:

I choose my words carefully (when I'm sober). I mean prejudice. And when you try to defend your non-racist position by saying you had a relationship with a white girl, I'm sorry but that does not really hold up as a valid argument.

Try and choose your words more carefully my man...

"Racist" --um, yeah, they're all Asian, and they're all Thai. "Colorist" or perhaps "Shadist" would be the proper label.

And as stated, color does correlate with status here. That's undeniable.

(Consider me to be an intellectual elitist.)

Judging from the way you've worded your post, the bar isn't very high is it?

If you're serious, yes, it's quite high according to the Wechsler test.

If you're trying to poke fun at my grammar, then study up on your commands. If I'd begun the sentence with "I", then I'd have used "myself". :twisted:

(Consider me to be an intellectual elitist.)

Judging from the way you've worded your post, the bar isn't very high is it?

If you're serious, yes, it's quite high according to the Wechsler test.

If you're trying to poke fun at my grammar, then study up on your commands. If I'd begun the sentence with "I", then I'd have used "myself". :twisted:

Hm..paranoid too. Quite a catch arencha?

Actually I was serious. Intellectual elitists these days usually don't indulge in bigotry. Come to think of it they don't have an attitude that belongs in the 1960's either.

I bet you have a cotton plantation tucked away somewhere don't you?

For the record, let me say (to those of you who may consider me a 'shallow' person):

I'm currently dating (and hopefully about to commence a serious relationship) someone who's not as white as a sheet of A4. She is, however, not black. But why am I seeing her? Why am I interested in her?

It's what's on the inside. She's a critical thinker. Her English is damned-near perfect, thus she's able to digest the random complex babble that spews out of my mouth (which is usually quite metaphorical in form). She's a musician.

Those two do it for me.

Now, if she was 100 kgs, I probably wouldn't be dating her. Call me shallow, but there are just SOME people who we're not able to be physically attracted to.

Would I call you 'shallow' because you're not attracted to members of the same sex? No; I'd just say you have a preference. We all have them. Preferential thought isn't shallow; otherwise every choice we'd ever make could be reduced to a shallow operation. You want pepperoni on your pizza? How shallow. :roll:

True, Thai girls who are in need of financial stability will #u@% anyone with a credit card.

But you won't see a light-skinned girl with a fat, bald, speedo-donning sexpat. That's for sure.

Maybe I'm just stuck-up because I'm a thin, young, intelligent young man whose primary motive for residence in Thailand isn't the p00s. :shock: :lol:

What is your primary reason for being here (in Thailand and on TF)? because your profile:-

"I'm interested in meeting both girls AND guys for friendship. I won't lie though--if you're a girl I'm interested in, I'll have a really tough time just being your friend."

..suggests that rates pretty high.

i truly applaud your modest perception of yourself. But may I ask, if you are the "young, intelligent man" you think you are, then why state "looking for women" in your profile? i'm sure a "young, intelligent man" like you wouldn't need to be in a "dating site" to get a girl?

By the way, congratulations on the Wechsler test. Are you also a Mensa member?

What do you mean by "perception" of myself?

Young - objective (for the most part)

Thin - objective

Intelligent - objective

Objective properties hinge not on perception, but on their accepted definitions.

Now, relative to the expat populace in Bangkok (and Thailand in general), the aforementioned qualities apply with more even more relative force.

What is your primary reason for being here (in Thailand and on TF)? because your profile:-

"I'm interested in meeting both girls AND guys for friendship. I won't lie though--if you're a girl I'm interested in, I'll have a really tough time just being your friend."

..suggests that rates pretty high.

Just because I said it's not my main motive for being here doesn't mean I want to be socially isolated.

My main reason for being here is that a) I disdain the US, B) living here is cheap, and c) as a music teacher, it was easy to obtain a (realtively) highly-paid position. I also had previous experience studying here with my university, so I wasn't heading into an abyss of sorts.

xchanelx slowly peek out the cotton field

white , dark, green, black

does it matter?

if u like white skinned woman more power to u

but didn't u just said that the white(light) skinned woman you broke up with because she simply wasn't intelligent enough to reproduce with?

all colors got brains more or less than other is what they have

if u feel ur too good for certian girls/colors then it's ur choice

or perhaps you never realized that it's not only u who can be choosy.

Her English is damned-near perfect, thus she's able to digest the random complex babble that spews out of my mouth (which is usually quite metaphorical in form).

Frankly I don't care if she speaks English or Thai. I've had two gf's in the past who knew little English and that wasn't a problem for me.

Yes, this is an advertisement! lol