Why do Farangs have no taste?

indighost

Do Farang have bad taste in Thai women?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Do Farang have bad taste in Thai women?

• Yes!
    • No, they're usually with good-looking girls!
    • No, because ANY asian girl is necessarily HOT!

What is your primary reason for being here (in Thailand and on TF)? because your profile:-

"I'm interested in meeting both girls AND guys for friendship. I won't lie though--if you're a girl I'm interested in, I'll have a really tough time just being your friend."

..suggests that rates pretty high.

Just because I said it's not my main motive for being here doesn't mean I want to be socially isolated.

My main reason for being here is that a) I disdain the US, B) living here is cheap, and c) as a music teacher, it was easy to obtain a (realtively) highly-paid position. I also had previous experience studying here with my university, so I wasn't heading into an abyss of sorts.

I accept many of your reasons for being here, but as far as not wanting to be socially isolated is concerned, expressing unpopular views on Thailand Friends, a site that isn't restricted to those from certain regions of the country or to those with a certain educational background, is possibly not the way to go.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone deny the (general) truth to the statement of skin color and its correlation to socio-economic status though?

If you want a leech, go for a darkie. If you want someone who can stand on her own two feet, then make sure she's light-skinned.

I'm not saying this is true down to the individual, but generally it is true. Can anyone disagree? (Mind you, I speak only of Thailand in this post.)

I still ask why some may call me "racist" when certainly all are Asian in race, and Thai in nationality. To call me racist is to miscategorize in the very least.

Now, know that I have dated girls of various descent (including black, Asian, native-American). I hold no sense of bigotry, but there are certain generalizations that are undeniable. (Is it bigoted to say that all triangles have three sides? Or that all circles are round?)

or perhaps you never realized that it's not only u who can be choosy.

Hm...maybe be should run a poll asking the dark skinned girls of TF if they would date Mr. Intellectual Elitist here?

should we?

im in

Could do but that might be a bit cruel. Possibly cause him to OD on Ritalin or something.

Her English is damned-near perfect, thus she's able to digest the random complex babble that spews out of my mouth (which is usually quite metaphorical in form).

Frankly I don't care if she speaks English or Thai. I've had two gf's in the past who knew little English and that wasn't a problem for me.

Yes, this is an advertisement! lol

Well what I can deduce from that statement is that you and I are looking for relationships with different qualities.

I, for one, need to be able to share not only my sense of humor with a partner, but moreso my innermost thoughts (which tend to be quite complex).

I'm not only interested in sharing meals and taking my partner's temperature "vaginally, with my flesh-thermometer." (5555+ I saw that in a movie yesterday and I've been dying to use it ever since!) After all, sex gets boring!

Can anyone deny the (general) truth to the statement of skin color and its correlation to socio-economic status though?

If you want a leech, go for a darkie. If you want someone who can stand on her own two feet, then make sure she's light-skinned.

I'm not saying this is true down to the individual, but generally it is true. Can anyone disagree? (Mind you, I speak only of Thailand in this post.)

I still ask why some may call me "racist" when certainly all are Asian in race, and Thai in nationality. To call me racist is to miscategorize in the very least.

Now, know that I have dated girls of various descent (including black, Asian, native-American). I hold no sense of bigotry, but there are certain generalizations that are undeniable. (Is it bigoted to say that all triangles have three sides? Or that all circles are round?)

I know a lot of dark skinned Thai girls who could buy you three times over so I would put that broom you're making your sweeping generalisations with down.

While it may be SOME people's preception that skin colour and financial status are correlated, only an extremely uneducated person would pigeon hole his friends/potential dates according to "what they say".

I know a lot of dark skinned Thai girls who could buy you three times over so I would put that broom you're making your sweeping generalisations with down.

While it may be SOME people's preception that skin colour and financial status are correlated, only an extremely uneducated person would pigeon hole his friends/potential dates according to "what they say".

Congrats. But when did I say I pigeon-hole my friends or potential dates? Did I say that? Do I do that?

No. I only posit that, overall, farangs have bad taste in Thai girls. Their gf's tend not JUST to be dark, but also just plain ugly. I can't reinforce this enough.

Generalizations and categorizations are what people do. It's how we're able to formulate the higher-order thoughts that enable us to make sense of the world.

Well what I can deduce from that statement is that you and I are looking for relationships with different qualities.

I, for one, need to be able to share not only my sense of humor with a partner, but moreso my innermost thoughts (which tend to be quite complex).

I'm not only interested in sharing meals and taking my partner's temperature "vaginally, with my flesh-thermometer." (5555+ I saw that in a movie yesterday and I've been dying to use it ever since!) After all, sex gets boring!

Relationships don't depend on skin color or English fluency. It depends upon the ability to comminicate in any language. Going back a couple of pages, yes, dark-skinned Thai girls tend to be looked down upon in Thai society but that doesn't make them dummies or sick buffalo girls. You hit upon it when you mentioned a natural tan, which is a turn-on for many farangs.

Yes, I like to be able to express my innermost thoughts too. Did you know that Thai is far more romantic in expression as English? English can't even come close!

What I'm saying is that for me, skin color is not so important(despite Thai prejudices), and English skills are not so important. That widens my vistas. I am, after all, an English teacher. If she doesn't speak English and wants to, I can teach her. In the meantime, I am perfectly comfortable conversing with her in Thai and my innermost thoughts.

Just curious Indighost...what was your Wechsler score?

The WISC (for children, administered upon the commencement of the first grade) scored in at 138, which was apparently the 99th percentile. The actual IQ scores, from what I've been told, vary from the UK to the US, as the UK grants more points-per-standard-deviation... so in Europe (or maybe just the UK?) the score would be higher than that; the percentile (and std. dev.) would remain the same.

I haven't been tested since then, but the WISC is considered more accurate than tests for adults (since they can incorporate cultural elements that not all socio-economic tiers would be exposed to, or so I've read).

Mind you, the 99th percentile houses many more people than the 100th. I'm not the brightest bulb in the bunch, but out of 100 people, I'm the second-brightest! (I'm also a complete and total idiot most of the time.)

I've also abused quite a number of substances from high school through college, so who knows where I'm at now! (It seems I've retained most of my faculties!) I can say that since cleaning my act up (when I moved to Thailand), I've noticed a shift back toward clarity!

Alas, I'm still an under-educated racist b@st@rd, despite my test scores or degrees in the humanities. HAH!

Okay, I'm not talking about clothes, or cars, or music...
Farangs in Thailand clearly have no taste in Thai women. I mean come on guys! This is Thailand! Foreigners get laughed at because (on the whole) they scoop up the dark-skinned girls who are, lets face it, also quite ugly!

Different strokes for different folks. Please don't attempt to push your taste on others.

Pretend you were back in Farangland, and some Asian expats decided that pimply-faced, buck-toothed girls were great! And they did so as a group... What would you think of Asians?

Whatever gets them through the night. Why should I care?

I agree that some girls look good with a tan, but mainly they're caucasians! Maybe Thai culture has just seeped into me a little too much. I like girls light-skinned, and (in the very least!) good-looking. But what do you think? All too often I see expats (the residents, not the whoring tourists) with just downright ugly, dark chicks!!!

I'd like to see what you consider good looking :roll:

I have 8 years of college and taught at one of the top private medical universities in Tokyo for 6 years. I also got perfect scores on 3 out of my 5 entrance exams when I entered UCLA many years ago. I scored higher than 99.99% but it never made me a horse's ass or convinced me that I was smarter or better than many people who could not score as high.

I think you need to put a full length mirror on the ceiling so this love affair with yourself can go on and on and on.

I know far more about so many things like the Middle East or Russian politics, or world history than any grlfriend I've ever had and you know what, it didn't matter at all. I don't want an egghead or a computer for a girlfriend. Most of the women I've met who were intellectually my equal were 50 to 70 years old and not the least bit sexy or attractive.

I can speak 3 languages and build a computer from scratch and fix my own software problems but I will never have the kind of intellectual snobbery that you seem to be so proud of having.

I don't care if my girlfriend didn't finish high school or doesn't know much about many topics. She brings other things to the table.

The girl I'm seeing now is very fair skinned but if she was dark, uneducated and from Issan, I wouldn't care what you or any other high society Thai person thinks.

I choose the girl that I like and what others think of her makes no difference to me.

Oprah Winfrey is black and she makes over 1 million dollars a day and is a billionaire. I would feel lucky to have Beyonce as a girlfriend even if she was darker.

You need to get a life and end your superiority complex. There are many black people way smarter, richer, and talented than you. But more importantly they have class and manners and don't have a superiority complex.

I would rather have a lot of dark skinned and uneducated girls from Isarn as a friend than someone like you. Class, manners and consideration for other people's feeling are much more important to me than some test score you got when you were 5 or 6 years old.

Please get over yourself. i already have.

I have 8 years of college and taught at one of the top private medical universities in Tokyo for 6 years. I also got perfect scores on 3 out of my 5 entrance exams when I entered UCLA many years ago. I scored higher than 99.99% but it never made me a horse's ass or convinced me that I was smarter or better than many people who could not score as high.

Yeah it doesn't sound like you're bragging at all. 8 years of college? College implies the pursuit of a Bachelor's. Do you mean university? Oooh, a state school! Good for you! They're always hungry for ethnic diversity.

I think you need to put a full length mirror on the ceiling so this love affair with yourself can go on and on and on.

As stated, my love-affair with myself certainly doesn't tap into the physical realm. Secondly, I've noted that I do act like an idiot most of the time, however arrogant that idiot may be.

I know far more about so many things like the Middle East or Russian politics, or world history than any grlfriend I've ever had and you know what, it didn't matter at all. I don't want an egghead or a computer for a girlfriend. Most of the women I've met who were intellectually my equal were 50 to 70 years old and not the least bit sexy or attractive.

I can speak 3 languages and build a computer from scratch and fix my own software problems but I will never have the kind of intellectual snobbery that you seem to be so proud of having.

Wow, skills like that are UNHEARD of these days! Welcome to the 21st century my aged friend!

I don't care if my girlfriend didn't finish high school or doesn't know much about many topics. She brings other things to the table.

Read: Girlfriend does not equal Intellectual Peer... only interested in what then my friend? Objectification? Oh, she can clean you say? No need for her to talk! Grunting and fervent groaning is more your thing?

The girl I'm seeing now is very fair skinned but if she was dark, uneducated and from Issan, I wouldn't care what you or any other high society Thai person thinks.

And I applaud you for that. I'm not an advocate for caring what others think, I'm merely asking why foreigners tend to be with butt-ugly Thai women!

I choose the girl that I like and what others think of her makes no difference to me.

Oprah Winfrey is black and she makes over 1 million dollars a day and is a billionaire. I would feel lucky to have Beyonce as a girlfriend even if she was darker.

Whoa, Oprah's Thai? I didn't know that! Now this makes her totally relevant to the conversation!

You need to get a life and end your superiority complex. There are many black people way smarter, richer, and talented than you. But more importantly they have class and manners and don't have a superiority complex.

Black people! They're Thai too? Whoa, you're blowing my mind Mr. Professor Man. Do you have a Ph.D in anthropology or sociology?

I would rather have a lot of dark skinned and uneducated girls from Isarn as a friend than someone like you. Class, manners and consideration for other people's feeling are much more important to me than some test score you got when you were 5 or 6 years old.

Hey bud, I was asked, and I answered.

Please get over yourself. i already have.

Yes, clearly you have, but by pouring some of your time and misguided (feeble) efforts into this post!

to state that all the dark skinned girls of a particular race are ugly

Show me where I said that please?

I actually said previously that I have seen many dark-skinned and beautiful women of SE Asian descent. What I am saying is that, overall, foreigners are with some downright ugly chicks.

just as you did with your opening argument. In fact I believe you back pedaled twice but I can?t be arsed to return and count.

Be very careful when using the word "argument" with a philosophy degree holder. My opening post was far from an argument my friend.

A question, are you judging/rating your partners intelligence by her ability to converse with you in your language and if so what happens if a prospective judges you by the same criteria?

I speak Thai. Regardless, I found her to be quite unintelligent based on behavioral observations, most notably the way she handles obstacles.

And I haven't backpedalled on a damn thing; it's just your misunderstandings that cause you to believe that I have. Clearly you've misunderstood a fair deal of what I've posited in this thread.

Maybe I'm just stuck-up because I'm a thin, young, intelligent young man whose primary motive for residence in Thailand isn't the p00s. :shock: :lol:

you're obviously not nearly as intelligent as you think you are or you'd be embarrassed--humiliated to the point of suicide--to list 'waking life' as one of your favorite movies.

feel free to flash your MENSA card however; i hear it's an accepted credential around here.

you also liked terry gilliam's worst movie. and you're worried about ANYONE else's taste?

please make your next windup thread less obvious, btw, this old saw still works but it's been done to death. give those of us who've been on the site more than ten minutes some real entertainment.

BOOORING ZZZZZzzzzzz i'm going back to sleep.

you're obviously not nearly as intelligent as you think you are or you'd be embarrassed--humiliated to the point of suicide--to list 'waking life' as one of your favorite movies.

Oh come on... anyone who's done a decent amount of reading into existentialist philosophy has to love 'Waking Life'... just HAS to!

Plus, the contemporary tango stuff is the shizznit, fo' rizzle! 555+

I can't believe you are from the states and never heard of UCLA?

You ask is it a college or a university.

CLUE University of California at Los Angeles

I don't need to talk to my girlfriend. I just need to hear her grunt.

And you consider yourself intelligent.

Of course I have a graduate degree. Do you think you can teach at a Japanese university without one.

You've really revealed yourself to all at TF.

You've revealved your racism, bigotry, insensitivity, rudeness and lack of intelligence

to all who read your posts.

There is no further need for me to do what you have already done so well yourself.

I wanted to comment on previous pages, but chose to continue forward into so much ****, i couldn't go back and comment on all without a lot of work, (which isn't worth it)

i could be yellow carded for my reply, so i will refrain.

(it takes a lot of control!)

mensa?

try the densa test!

socio-economic status because of skin color?

maybe so...but who gives a shi**t?

if you want a status chik, go to lawyers.com!

8 years of college is equivalent of enterance to a BA degree?

Which pompous school did u go to, to feed you that crap?hmmmm....

colleges and universities are on the same par, but not might be named HARVARD or YALE.

your education means SHITE.

i know more grade 10 students that might not have your EDUCATION, but DO have more wisdom than you.

OK...my word is not gospel...and i am not 100% insulting you.

you might be a nice guy, but also you might easily confuse others with your choice of semantics and opinions.

you definately ARE putting your foot in your mouth.

it might taste good to you, but i can assure you that your opinion is only your own.

you are entitled to your opinion.

I can't believe you are from the states and never heard of UCLA?

You ask is it a college or a university.

CLUE University of California at Los Angeles

I don't need to talk to my girlfriend. I just need to hear her grunt.

And you consider yourself intelligent.

Of course I have a graduate degree. Do you think you can teach at a Japanese university without one.

You've really revealed yourself to all at TF.

You've revealved your racism, bigotry, insensitivity, rudeness and lack of intelligence

to all who read your posts.

There is no further need for me to do what you have already done so well yourself.

Dude you're a riot. What I said should have been deciphered as "you don't have 8 years of college, duh. You have 4 years of college." What I said was "COLLEGE IMPLIES THE PURSUIT OF A BACHELOR'S", so from what you said, it must have taken you a long time to get that bachelor's! I never asked if it was a college or a uni. I know it's a uni. That's why I said "Oh, a state school, good for you!"

I know you have a graduate degree. What I was doing was merely being snide. Are you a native-English speaker?

Man you crack me up. And oh do you always punctuate your questions with a period?

Not racist? Your use of the word "darkie" is completely racist. It is offensive and should be edited from your post. Surely your intellect should tell you that.

There are different skin colors in every country. For you to hone in on the difference between "dark skinned" Thai women and "white" Thai women you are saying the same thing about black people and white people and this is repugnant. You try to mask your racist tendencies by calling them "dark skinned".

Many dark skinned Thai girls that I have met refer to themselves as being black.

You are disgusting.

Vacanti, I appreciate the tone of your post. Genuinely.

And yes, I went to an upper-tier, small, liberal-arts school which costs USD $44,000 per year. I'm proud of that.

2unique:

Perhaps there were premises in my OP, but there was certainly no coherence aimed at a conclusion. And yes, that is the definition of an argument.

If taking the more loosely-worded (former) defintion, the only thing I was trying to persuade people into was to get into a hubbub over my post.

And what happened to "This will be my only post in this forum as I?ve judged you already and found you wanting."????

If your word's not worth anything, how does that speak to your personality?