Anyone ever ship things back home? BKK to the US/CAN?. rates

711_Dimsum

Question

Thought there might be a few people in here that have shipped items home, Im talking in the 25kg-50kg range.

I checked out Fedex(seem to be the cheapest compared to UPS or DHL) and they wanna charge me 5200 bht to ship a 25kg box(their box) of stuff to the west coast of Canada, the items r mostly cosmetics, no glass or anything like that.I beleive that price is 5 days received , so its pretty fast.But I was wondering if anyone has shipped things home sea frieght, and the cost of that.

Must be some import/exporters here with some experience in that or perhaps people that just needed 25 kgs of their favorite Thai items sent home.

7 answers to this question

The price you get from FedEx is very good offer. I don't think you can find any cheaper than that (for fast delivery). You can try EMS by Thailand post-office. They have good service too.

You can also try cargo service.(there are more for B2B) and for 25kg. that will take ages til you receive it. The price is not big different from FedEx.

I often ship from Thailand to EU with FedEX or DHL, I have to pay in EU for the paper work, import tax, Vat. I don't know if you have the same rule as here.

Great.Thanks for the info

I have ship stuff VIA Cargo for several time, thing it cost you 500/kg and you gotta go to take them from the airport...

But I've paid like around 25-50/KG only, excluded all the fee so all I paid for 25KG was like 3-4000 baht becoz Thai Airways Staff pay only 10% or so per KG., nowadays the price is raised due to cost of fuel.. which I haven't send anything for a long while.. and for how long to recieve it, it depends on how often they have flights to there.

I have price list of UPS and DHL at work, so will let you know in case its cheaper than FeDex.