Air travel - what would you do??

macca_tirana

The British security services have announced the current security level may stay in place for another 2 weeks or more.

So the only hand luggage remains to be your ticket & passport.

No laptop, no mobile, no magazines or books, nothing to keep the children happy etc etc.

Many people talk about not travelling long haul, cancelling holidays for this year, whilst others are able to accept the restrictions

So what will you do?

:?:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avoid the UK at all costs.

Go thorough another country or just dont bother flying at all if ur British.

Tragic to see see British terrorism and British terrorists give the British ppl such a bad name and create such misery for so many ppl around the world.

Clearly the UK has serious internal problems that they need to sort out to stamp out the new wave of British terrorism

Tragic to see see British terrorism and British terrorists give the British ppl such a bad name and create such misery for so many ppl around the world.

Clearly the UK has serious internal problems that they need to sort out to stamp out the new wave of British terrorism

Coming from someone who dubs himself Osamabin Late, that is hardly funny. U think the brits have terrorism problems? Try ur own country.

my funny valentine, i dont find you funny. unless funny, as in peculiar.

on a serious note, this ain't a 'british' phenomenon. it's global. the USA and US assets are target #1, britain and israel tied for silver and bronze, and the rest of the west is also a target (remember the bombings in spain? all related). developing countries are also targeted, especially where westerners congregate. they could strike anywhere, and they're smart enough to know that.

seems to me that the brits, catching onto it BEFORE it happened, did well indeed.

We should deal with them the way we would get dealt with if we to use terrorist tactics in there country of ancestry. As after all there goal is for England to be run by Shia law.

on a serious note, this ain't a 'british' phenomenon. it's global. the USA and US assets are target #1, britain and israel tied for silver and bronze, and the rest of the west is also a target (remember the bombings in spain? all related). developing countries are also targeted, especially where westerners congregate. they could strike anywhere, and they're smart enough to know that.

seems to me that the brits, catching onto it BEFORE it happened, did well indeed.

Being as the Iranians, Syrians , Lebonese and many more would like to see Israel wiped off the map and these countries being the major sponsors of international terrorism i would say England and the USA are some way behind the Israelites for being terrorist targets.

Coming from someone who dubs himself Osamabin Late, that is hardly funny. U think the brits have terrorism problems? Try ur own country.

I think u miss what Im saying alltogether here. The UK has a problem not merely of terrorists targetting their fine country but of PRODUCING TERRORISTS thats something they need to look at and sort out [how i dont know?]

So whereas previously the UK had a problem when it had been producing "British Terrorists" in the form of the IRA who as it happens claimed they were "Irish" terrorists.

[And given that the UK claimed dominion over the part of Ireland they called "Northern Ireland" and thus the ppl terrorising the UK were actually "British" as in thats what it said on their passports! You cant deny the fact of the UK producing terrorists.= the full name of ur country is actually the UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORHERN IRELAND]

[and a simple solution to that problem was pretty clear - Britain is Britan and Ireland is Ireland, wanna be Irish stay in Ireland! wanna be British come to Britain. So they [the uk] could have simply declared that it was withdrawing from Ireland and that northern Ireland was an Irish problem not a british problem! [save the ul taxpayer many millions!]

Yeah im sure some chaos would have followed but i dare say it would have been sorted out by the Irish themselves!

While the British in the UK could look on, proud that they have no repsonisbility for how people in the same country find an accomodation with each other] I am sure that faced with the disaster all the peoples of Ireland would have found a way to construct a situation that was at least tolerable for all to live as one country again= a balancing of al the rights of those with different loyalites etc]

The point is whereas previously your terrorist problems were essentially created by yourselves and confined to ypur own country the difference now is that the UK is now PRODUCING BRITISH TERRORISTS who are targetting my country!

If this got to much out of hand we might have to start looking at the UK in a different way than we do at present. As for my country and its terrorists? Well as far as I know the USA does not PRODUCE TERRORISTS at least the last one I can think of was the likes of Tim McVeigh [likes of the unabomber too?] and aside from those terrorists who target the federal government of the USA we dont have terrorists that target other countries as u have.

The last time we were a victim of the terrorists [mainly saudi] was 9/11 and we dont have that problem again so far thankfully, in part due to the great work done by THE UK for which us americans are very grateful.

As i said

As for my silly name? Well that is a form of irreverance and disrespect for the piece of trash that is binladen. I choose to laugh at him and see him as a sick joke but a joke nonetheless. In other words he is just a crazy shithead whose views are to be laughed at and not taken seriously. While the consequences of his deranged agenda are to be confronted with brute force and unmerciful might.

Look at your own history and the spirit of the blitz when the British braved the horror of the nazis and kept their sense of humour and national character intact.

The situation now is that given the sort of restrictions being imposed on travellers by using the fear factor to the extreme. I simply would not go through the UK at all now.

Yes we know all the guff [true as it is] about being safe etc etc, but u know what? You would be even safer if u dodn fly at all! In fact come to think of it dont step outside u house and u be even safer again!

We are losing to these terrorist clowns when we make to many sacrifices in our way of life. Currently the UK is a hotbed for producing terrorists [for which it must examine its own country carefully[ and so the UK is a far more dangerous place from which to travel from compared to other places. So I simply say give it a wide berth and then see how things are in a few months?

on a serious note, this ain't a 'british' phenomenon. it's global. .

With respect and in all seriousness YOUR WRONG!

Yes it is true that there are global trends here and much that is part of a broader connection but as I outlined before this is a BRITISH PROBLEM coz the UK is now PRODUCING BRITISH TERRORISTS which are targeting countries other than itself. Dont forget the the shoe guy Reid was British and targetting the USA.

The other examples you refer to, all see foreign nationals doing or organising the dirty deeds. There are no Chinese terrorists involved here! No but plenty of homegrown BRITISH TERRORISTS which as I say is somehting the ppl of the UK need to examine and sort out [ I dont have the solution ] Clearly having a significant muslim population has something [if not the key point] to do with the UK now producing terrorists? Then again France has far more muslims and it is not PRODCUING TERRORISTS or at least not on any osrt of similar scale?

Maybe if the UK brings in sahri law then all will be sorted? [i doubt it] but either way they have people in their midst who are giving the Uk a very bad name and destroying the British freedoms by abusing thos freedoms.

Answers to solve this dilemma on a postcard to 10 Downing Street, London, England, UK

I think u miss what Im saying alltogether here. The UK has a problem not merely of terrorists targetting their fine country but of PRODUCING TERRORISTS thats something they need to look at and sort out [how i dont know?]

[And given that the UK claimed dominion over the part of Ireland they called "Northern Ireland" and thus the ppl terrorising the UK were actually "British" as in thats what it said on their passports! You cant deny the fact of the UK producing terrorists.= the full name of ur country is actually the UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORHERN IRELAND]

[and a simple solution to that problem was pretty clear - Britain is Britan and Ireland is Ireland, wanna be Irish stay in Ireland! wanna be British come to Britain. So they [the uk] could have simply declared that it was withdrawing from Ireland and that northern Ireland was an Irish problem not a british problem! [save the ul taxpayer many millions!]

Yeah im sure some chaos would have followed but i dare say it would have been sorted out by the Irish themselves!

While the British in the UK could look on, proud that they have no repsonisbility for how people in the same country find an accomodation with each other] I am sure that faced with the disaster all the peoples of Ireland would have found a way to construct a situation that was at least tolerable for all to live as one country again= a balancing of al the rights of those with different loyalites etc]

The point is whereas previously your terrorist problems were essentially created by yourselves and confined to ypur own country the difference now is that the UK is now PRODUCING BRITISH TERRORISTS who are targetting my country!

If this got to much out of hand we might have to start looking at the UK in a different way than we do at present. As for my country and its terrorists? Well as far as I know the USA does not PRODUCE TERRORISTS at least the last one I can think of was the likes of Tim McVeigh [likes of the unabomber too?] and aside from those terrorists who target the federal government of the USA we dont have terrorists that target other countries as u have.

The last time we were a victim of the terrorists [mainly saudi] was 9/11 and we dont have that problem again so far thankfully, in part due to the great work done by THE UK for which us americans are very grateful.

As i said

As for my silly name? Well that is a form of irreverance and disrespect for the piece of trash that is binladen. I choose to laugh at him and see him as a sick joke but a joke nonetheless. In other words he is just a crazy shithead whose views are to be laughed at and not taken seriously. While the consequences of his deranged agenda are to be confronted with brute force and unmerciful might.

Look at your own history and the spirit of the blitz when the British braved the horror of the nazis and kept their sense of humour and national character intact.

The situation now is that given the sort of restrictions being imposed on travellers by using the fear factor to the extreme. I simply would not go through the UK at all now.

Yes we know all the guff [true as it is] about being safe etc etc, but u know what? You would be even safer if u dodn fly at all! In fact come to think of it dont step outside u house and u be even safer again!

We are losing to these terrorist clowns when we make to many sacrifices in our way of life. Currently the UK is a hotbed for producing terrorists [for which it must examine its own country carefully[ and so the UK is a far more dangerous place from which to travel from compared to other places. So I simply say give it a wide berth and then see how things are in a few months?

Funnyman I agree that England is a hotbed for terrorism, that is due to liberals bending over backwards and giving into muslims at every stage.

Northern Ireland is part of Britain, these Northern Irish peoples would have been killed through genocide by the Catholics if it wasnt for the British, hence why the democratically vote allegiance to the British govt.

The IRA didnt democratically get what they wanted hence they use terrorist tactics

Individuals of the USA sponsored the IRA and terrorism against my country for 40 years and they are still sponsoring "The Real IRA"you ignorance to this is overwhelming. Hence your country is a sponsor of terrorism, there are extradition laws that the American govt has enforced protecting these peoples.

You wrote

So whereas previously the UK had a problem when it had been producing "British Terrorists" in the form of the IRA who as it happens claimed they were "Irish" terrorists.

They never where British you fool that is a total twisting of the situation they were the IRA Irish Republican Army, if you called one British theyd not be happy.

The terrorists were also exclusively targeting US airline companies, so as long as you dont fly with the septics you should be ok,

Also after 9/11 it was the British that saved you tourism industry by having no fear of flying and now you would recommend to people to avoid my country, great allie youd prove to be, whilst i do like Americans you arent the bravest lot it has to be said.

Funnyman I agree that England is a hotbed for terrorism, that is due to liberals bending over backwards and giving into muslims at every stage..

Well are totally agreed on that point and it is not for me to tell you how to solve thta problem. I honestly wouldnt know the best soluton, I assume you would be better qualified to fix ur own country than me.

Northern Ireland is part of Britain,

ACTUALLY NO IT IS NOT!

It is part of the "United Kingdom of Great Britain AND Northern Ireland.

A little hint for you, next time you look at a map off the world or Europe and are looking at your area of the world you will notice that there are two very big islands [and many small/tiny little ones]

The one on the right hand side which is by far the bigger of the two is called BRITAIN which comprises of England, Scotland and Wales.

the other one to the left of it is a lot smaller and its called IRELAND!

these Northern Irish peoples would have been killed through genocide by the Catholics if it wasnt for the British,

Well sad to say it, but you dont appear to know much of anything about your own history [ I dare say such a theme being a contributing factor into why it took the british ppl so long to wake up to the problems within Northern Ireland]

In point of fact the British army was sent to Northern Ireland and the govenment of Northern Ireland was dismissed by London [meaning direct rule] specifically because the CATHOLIC community could not be guaranted safety. It was only later when the British started making all sorts of blunders that the nationalist population turned against them in such a militant way.

In an attempt to get basic equality and civil rights within Northern Ireland the people mobilized themselves and tried to have PEACEFUL PROTESTS. The result was oppression and out and out ethnic cleansing and state brutality[ How many catholics were burned out of their homes!] or interned?

In the light of the brutality by the crown forces and the mounting frustration and injustices upon that population the IRA was re-born and began to gain considerable popular support [which did fade a lot towards the end of the conflict

In any even you say Northern Ireland as if it was amost natural thing. In fact it was an artifical creation by the british who carved up the country as a whole according to where it was possible to identify a "loyalist" [= the decendants of british colonists from the hundreds of years Britain had ruled and tried to colonize the country as a whole. In that thye failed miserably too.] majority.

Generally I think the divide in NI was always in or around the 60-40 mark in favour of the Loyalist population = those whose primary allegance was to Britain. But of course as a whole of the country [iRELAND] the vast majority wanted to be part of IRELAND and not Britain.

I was merelt suggesting thta the British could have done themselves a big favour my simply withdrawing and let the irish people in Ireland sort out that mess themselves.

It would not have dragged on for years and the good name of the UK would not have been sullied as it was so aggreiously was. In main by the very people whom claimed allegance to Britain and were at pains to scream and shout their britishness down the throats of thos who wanted nothing to do with Britain and its kings and queens etc. These so called British were nothing less than a biggoted majority desperate to keep what power they could as having abused it for so long the native population eventually took no more and demanded equality at least. When that was not forthcoming the IRA had plenty of new recruits and so British cities and ppl suffered needlessly.

hence why the democratically vote allegiance to the British govt.

The IRA didnt democratically get what they wanted hence they use terrorist tactics

Well in general ppl anywhere frown upon violence as a means of solving problems but there are times when a spark is needed to ignite the ppl into action. In the case of the IRA [A British creation] they didnt have the popular support when they started in Ireland either but thye were able to raise awareness of the injustice of the British to a level that allowed the people claim their freedom and independence from the UK

An outcome which has benifitted the two countries greatly as far as i can see?

The IRA did not achive their ultimate objective but they did force the British into a position of negotiating a set of terms which involved considerably compromise on all sides.

In effect Britain got the accepetance of Northern Ireland from the Irish people and that the very small minority of ppl who wanted to be part of the UK but who were nevertheless a majority within NI would get to keep this status so long as they remained the majority [30-50 -100 years at the outset according to demographic trends.]

The Irish and the IRA got the British to declare that they had no strategic or other interest in IRELAND and withdraw once those conditions were met. All the while insuring equality for the ppl within NI who were of the catholic/nationalist persuasion.

Individuals of the USA sponsored the IRA and terrorism against my country for 40 years and they are still sponsoring "The Real IRA"

Yes individuals did sponsor the cause of Irish freedom from British oppresion and I would have been one of those only to glad to do so.

But there would be limits on how much I would support or condone certain actions. All british soldiers were legitamte targets as were all instruments of british oppresion, killing inocent ppl was just wrong though bombing the heart of londons financial sector so long as plenty of warnings was given was perfectly valid.

The point is that the British were engaged in a war and they were too dumb too have coped on as they eventually did to address the root of the problem and not the symptons.

Had they done what I suggested should have been done then the British would never have had any worries from terrorism. as for the so called real IRA well they are just extremists who are blinded by their hatred of the British.

They get very little supprt from anywhere. While after 9/11 the IRA were already an effectively retired or dormant group. having eventually seen that Britain was ready to actually practice democracy the political ppl behind the IRA realized that their violence was a thing of the past and no longer appropiate or justifiable. The UK had become an honest broker- more or less. PPL were sick of it anyway after such a long time.

ignorance to this is overwhelming. Hence your country is a sponsor of terrorism, there are extradition laws that the American govt has enforced protecting these peoples.

Northern Ireland is part of Britain,

The US goverment always turned a blind eye to what went on in the UK and it was individuals who from time to time suported the Irish ppl seeeking freedom from British intereference. As for extraditions I think the USA did cooperate with the UK?

You wrote

They never where British you fool that is a total twisting of the situation they were the IRA Irish Republican Army, if you called one British theyd not be happy.

Well that guy Gerry ADAMS and other was a BRITISH MEMBER OF PARLIMENT! and u miss the point. They were BRITISH TERRORISTS PRODUCED BY THE UK for the very reason that the UK claimed and insisted on enforcing its authorithy and dominion on thos ppl. They fought back and resisted this as best they could with their limited resources

The terrorists were also exclusively targeting US airline companies, so as long as you dont fly with the septics you should be ok,

Well i agree with you! Thats my complaint instead of causing disruption to everybody why not be selective and target which areas to tightem up. Clealry amercian airlines will suffer but that too bad. why inconveninece everyone else?

Also after 9/11 it was the British that saved you tourism industry by having no fear of flying and now you would recommend to people to avoid my country, great allie youd prove to be, whilst i do like Americans you arent the bravest lot it has to be said.

well i doubt if it was the british alone who saved us! but thanks anyway and it is actually that spirit i am trying to tap into. instead the UK seems to have folded up and given in tot he terrorists so until they start getting back to normal how could u expect anyone to want to be so inconvenineced by going throught he UK.

Sort out those terrorists and get back to normal send then I reccomend pl got o the UK but for now the BRITISH TERRORISTS seem to be ruling the rroost there.

well i just flew and it could have been worse. no raised security in bkk. stopped off at frankfurt and had to virtually strip off but no major delays.

oh and funnyman, thx for the education about my home country. no one would deny that it is puzzling to see so many home grown terrorists, especially given generally satisfactory racial policies and intergration.

but u really think the UK is threatening to the USA? Try looking at ur country's foreign policy, which Britain supports with some obvious consequences. Also the British police tend to be better at catching people than their US counterparts.

well i just flew and it could have been worse. no raised security in bkk. stopped off at frankfurt and had to virtually strip off but no major delays.

oh and funnyman, thx for the education about my home country. no one would deny that it is puzzling to see so many home grown terrorists, especially given generally satisfactory racial policies and intergration.

but u really think the UK is threatening to the USA? Try looking at ur country's foreign policy, which Britain supports with some obvious consequences. Also the British police tend to be better at catching people than their US counterparts.

Nope I dont think the UK is a threat to the USA but some of the terrorists the UK is producing certainly are. Which is why I suggested that the UK needs to get to grips with that problem coz it unfairly [or pragmatically] gives the UK a bad name.

The UK is a staunch allie of the USA and our fortunes are largely linked and the same more often than not. I agree the British police are also as u say better at catching terrorists than Americans, though I am not sure that is true of crime in general?I doubt it given the percentage of the population in jail in the USA.

Sure much of the USA foreign policy sucks but as the most powerful country on the planet there is always going to be cases in which the USA has an involvement.

Nope I dont think the UK is a threat to the USA but some of the terrorists the UK is producing certainly are. Which is why I suggested that the UK needs to get to grips with that problem coz it unfairly [or pragmatically] gives the UK a bad name.

The UK is a staunch allie of the USA and our fortunes are largely linked and the same more often than not. I agree the British police are also as u say better at catching terrorists than Americans, though I am not sure that is true of crime in general?I doubt it given the percentage of the population in jail in the USA.

Sure much of the USA foreign policy sucks but as the most powerful country on the planet there is always going to be cases in which the USA has an involvement.

About the UK producing terrorist I would be a little bit more careful to say so if I were American. Were the terrorist who flew the planes into the WTC and the White House at 9/11 not living for years in the USA and even trained there as pilots!!!! At least the police in the UK took proper action before they could excute their plans.

And I think for sure that the foreign policy of both and some other western coutries sucks, denying the call from the UN not to start with a military action. The invading of Iraq didn't solve any problem, on the contrary it just made it easier for the terrorists to find an enemy and more easy to get support from the Middle East as they get the bombs on their heads. I'm still waiting for the first massa weapon ro be found in Iraq.

Funnyman

1107ad Turlogh O'Connor overthrew Dermot MacMurrough King of Leinster, MacMurrough asked King Henry II of England for help. MacMurrough rewarded the English soldiers that helped him to regain his kingdom with land..

By the 1300s the English(protestants) held nearly all land in Ireland.

English Barons (land owners) now considered themselves Irish rather than English.

Though there was constant conflict between the catholics and the protestants.

In 1690 The battle of Boyne took place where William of Orange (protestant) staged a magnificant victory over Catholic king, James II.

The catholics had been on a mission to eradicate the Proestants from the land.

(hence where i mentioned catholic attempts of genocide)

In 1920 when escalating violence forced Great Britain to consider granting Ireland some form of 'Home Rule'. Both Catholic and Protestant extremists rejected the plan

The Catholics, led by Sinn Féin, (Irish republican politicians) felt that only full independence could satisfy them.

The Protestant Unionists, feared being ruled by the Catholic majority and went as far as to threaten the secession of Northern Ireland from Great Britain into a sovereign state.

The resulting compromise was the partitioning of Ireland into the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland in 1920.

The recent troubles started 30 years ago by Sinn Fein/ IRA.

Now as i have proven i know my history please dont be so offensive as to state your lies as truth.

Gerry Adams - On a technicality is British, though is a Irish Republican politician, please dont twist the situation, thats like calling a Israelite a Palestinian or vice versa.

Protestant Northen Irish see themselves as British, they have British passports, yes i know Northern Ireland is on the passport. They are the only peoples in the union who openly are proud of being British.

1690???

Well you have just proved how little you know of your history and your ignorance is so breathtaking as to not be worth responding to.

Next thing you will be telling us that the British Empire and years of British Imperialism was all jolly nice and very good!

Heres a big help for you.

http://www.google.com

http://www.great-britain.co.uk/history/ireland.htm

Protestant Northen Irish see themselves as British, they have British passports, yes i know Northern Ireland is on the passport. They are the only peoples in the union who openly are proud of being British.

They, alongside these new British Terrorists, are also the same ppl who have brought shame and embarrasment on the UK and British ppl in general. They have sullied the reputation of your country for years. Coz being proud of your identity does not mean ppl have to be biggoted racist pigs.

We have more than enough of these types in the southern states of the USA and it is no surprise that this strand of bible bashing intolerant hate mongering is actually on the wane- thankfully.

British ppl have much to be proud of but these jingositic biggots are not part of what makes Britain great.

Just as the USA has produced the lkes of Dylan Elvis, The Beach Boys The Doors, REM The UK has produced The Beatles The Stones, Pink Floyd, The Animals to name but a few. We have produced a lot of **** too! At least it helps when you can see the garbage for what t is. Being proud of being British does not require thta you shout and scream it in peoples faces and engage in all sorts of looney tune triumphalist marches in places where ppl dont want it. Modern Britain with all its flaws like America does not need the likes of these dinasours of hate and biggotry.

No country is perfect but these so called British in Northern Ireland have dragged the reputation of Britain in the mud for far too long. Its a pity that a true British person cant see that.