From Bangkok to SIHANOUKVILLE

gargaa

In december I like go from Bangkok to SIHANOUKVILLE (Cambodia), spend couple of weeks in Cambodia and after go to Samui by Boat. Anybody can give my any suggestion, for my trip? how long ist's the travel from BKK to SIHANOUKVILLE by car? It's better take a taxi or I have to take a plane? Where it's better make the Cambodian Visa?

If sombady have already do this travel and has some interesting sugestion please write me.

Thank a lot

Steven

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think there maybe a way from Ko Chang in the Trat provence South East from BKK (check it on a map) where you can get a boat to Sihanoukville, Cambodia via Ko Kong maybe. I could be wrong but its worth a check I am near sure there is a boarder cross round that area and as far as I can remember Sihanoukville i on the south coast.

Good luck

Don't fly PMT Airways, one of my sisters friends works for a firm that sorts out their insurance and their entire fleet are ancient and poorly maintained.

This was highlighted with fatal consequences just a few days ago when one of their aircraft carrying mainly israeli and czech tourists crashed while flying from Phnom Phen to Sihanoukville and all were killed.

• 6 months later...

I did it by bus three times; from ekemai to Trat,in Trat get on a minibus that takes you to the Cambodian border (may be handy te get an E-visa in advance to avoid the hustle) Ignore the touts. From the border you take a motodop into Koh Kong (shouldn't be more than 50 baht), to a place where you would like to go (they get commission in some places)

If you want to spent the night; I liked Moto guesthouse, but plenty of others to choose from.

Depending on the time of day you can either take the boat to Sihanoukville (fun when the sea is rough :lol: -- lots of touts on arrival, ignore them. ) or a shared taxi to Phnom Penh (I did my first trip to PP by motorbike. I guess the bridges are near completion, so the trip's a bit less scenic nowadays.