Dangerous places you want to visit

LudwigVonMises

I very badly want to visit the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Central African Republic (provided they become safe). From what I've read about the DRC and the incredible hell its people have gone through, I have a lot of respect for them. Plus, seeing the Congo River and the national parks (if they ever became accessible) would be nice. CAR is said to have very warm and hospitable people as well, as well as abundant wildlife, but the security situation in both countries is tenuous at best.

Anywhere you want to visit that is dangerous, or considered dangerous?

I would like to fish the Fly River in Papua New Guinea, but a few Aussie fisherman were shot and killed there a few years ago.

Over the past few years several fisherman have been shot at, cars burnt and a chopper carrying a guide and fishermen was shot down, but I still want to fish there for Black Bass.

And the Amazon. I would like very much to travel down it but the local sport is taking pot shots at passing boats and all too many adventurous people have disappeared.

• 1 month later...

Yemen, though I don't think it is nearly as dangerous as many people seem to think it is. Getting kidnapped there would be very inconvenient, but not likely life threatening, even theft seems unlikely, unless one takes a fourwheel off the main roads. Tourism there can go a long way to help the country not to become a problem to other countries, and help it's people attain a passable standard of living.