Singapore Recommendation!!

NoMuchTime

Hi all TFs... :)

Who live in Singapore?

I'm going to go to Singapore for work meeting and relaxing

a week during Nov 6 - 11, so anyone have any recommendation..

..what to do

..where to go

..where to hang out

just need something special that no one mention it on guide book

or something new there. :?:

Many thanksss..

-prada-

Hi Prada,

1st of all Welcome to Singapore

So what do u have in mind??

Shopping??Sightseeing??Party??

If its shopping..u can go to orchard road where most of the big shopping centres are located...can go to sim lim square or funan centre if u want to get electronics or I.T equipments.

Sightseeing....see the Merlion in Clifford Pier,goto sentosa island..theres a underwater world there...

Party...lots of place to do that...

M.O.S, One Night Stand, Momo, theres also thai disco if u want...Clubbing hrs for most of the major clubs is till early morning say 4-5am

Hope all this info helps...

If require more info, do drop me a msg...

Louis

Hi Prada,

Welcome to Spore. :)

Shopping - Orchard Road is the well-known stretch of shopping centre where you shop till you drop.

The latest Shopping Mall (tout to be the Biggest in Spore) is Vivocity at Harbour Front, near Sentosa. I think only 70% full of shops.

For moore information, you can go to this link. http://www.vivocity.com.sg/

Beside Orchard Road, there is a shopping Mall in almost every housing Estate, where things are cheaper.

Nightspot - Lotsa clubs, discos and Pubs in towns, drinks are abit on the high side. You can party till 6am in some clubs, especially on Friday Night. Zouk used to the well known nightspot but has been taken over by the recent Ministry of Sound (http://www.ministryofsound.com.sg/).

Food - Everywhere. Try to eat at food court or coffee shops (restaurant is a bit too expensive)

Advice - Try to get Singaporean Friends to bring you around, otherwise, you might get bullied by some cheaters who just wants your $$$$.

For more details, you might want to look at this site.

http://warrenssingapore.com/

Hope you have an enjoyable Trip.

Accu ... she said something that cannot be found in guidebooks lah..

Ahpui... Best to have a Singaporean with her in case she gets ripped off? Goddness in Singapore they hardly rip off Asians lah!!

Prada... U've got my contact number in Singapore right? U can contact us thru that.. we would be glad to take u around.. especially accuframe.. he's very free in the evenings and weekends.. Give us a buzz okie.. We would love to extend the same hospitality that our fellow tfers did while we were there... cheers!

Urgh! Sunds like we are a couple accu!! Just to clarify things gals we are not.... :P

Hi Lynn and all.

I am planning to come down to Singapore with a group of church friends on 24th-26th Nov. I haven't confirmed yet, but is eager to visit Singapore.

If any Singaporean insterested to meet up with me also, PM me your contact number and I'll PM mine also.

Cool!! Wait if so many tfers coming down... ur the 3rd one today that has told me that! All in nov. too.. that means no trip to thailand for me?

LOL!! okie wait let me get my nov. planner out.. 6-11th will be Prada, the other guy cristolbalj also but not sure of the date.. and Matt.. date also not confirmed...

Wow!.. apart from my 2 businesses..and real estate too..it's cool to take time off to meet out of town guests once in awhile.. looks like it'll be busy NOV for me!!... beginning on the 3rd/4th for my birthday bash at 1 nite stand/bbq at the beach.... :) real b'date is actually 8th with another 2 dinners planned during the week...

Gosh how to slim down??? :oops: eat eat eat....

So any one else coming up to S'pore end of the year? Please take a number.... hahaha..... look forward to meeting all of u cheers!!!!

Ahpui... Best to have a Singaporean with her in case she gets ripped off? Goddness in Singapore they hardly rip off Asians lah!!

you have not met any yet....especially those hawkers at Newton, some shops in Chinatowns do quote a higher prices if they found out you are tourists. Some goondu taxis driver too...(they thought they will never be caught :twisted: ) :wink: