Why do Thai girls go with very older men?

FarangSanook

the bottom line is that men are attracted to good looks and youth, as these are indicators of fertility. you can fight it and piss and moan about how unfair it is, but it's just biological fact.

there are always ways round things - they can find men that dont want kids. or men that have enough of kids. :shock:

nonetheless odds on men will be attracted primarily to youth and beauty (if they can get 'em) rather than prestige and success, regardless of what they're looking.

these are biological urges and have NOTHING to do with a desire to actually have kids. theyr'e separate. they still affect people whether or not they want to have kids.

the development of birth control is a fairly recent phenomenon, so the urges like love, sex (they are biologically separate urges) etc. drive us toward doing things like choosing appropriate mates. birth control, in a sense, 'cheat's' evolution.

there are always ways round things.

plastic surgery happens for a reason. :roll:

Another "cheating" of evolution... :)

(poor evolution)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

women don't even look at young men who don't have some status or potential for climbing, both financially and socially, either. . it's how they're wired

Some women, I'd say. You are over-generalising a bit here.

it wouldn't be over-generalizing that much to say *most* women. or have you seen a lot of well-to-do women dating gas station attendants? that would be news.

Not everyone is money or social status -hungry. Been fortunate to meet many of them but the scene you describe is found everywhere. Difference in thailand is that even the poorest farang men are those "doctors" and "lawyers"

bingo.

I disagree that older women aren't attracted to younger men.

Ever heard of the term "cougars"?

Its applied to women in their 30's-40's that enjoy hooking up with younger, good looking guys.

it's true, and it's interesting, but odds on most women in her 30s or 40s will marry someone with greater status and/or wealth than them. also do keep in mind when i talk about 'status' or 'success' it can include talent-related things, like art. 'successful' poets and artists don't generally get paid much (well some do, but you don't have to get paid much to have a big reputation).

also, in the art world in particular, when older women date younger men (much more common there than in, say, investment banking) usually the young stud isn't some pretty airhead but instead an up-and-coming talent in his own right. i haven't seen numbers but i'd guess that women who date young studly gas-station attendants are not the norm, but rather far from it.

human approaches to mating are diverse and flexible. and changing, thanks to birth control. but there are general, instinctual tendencies built in.

that's a bit simplistic, isn't it?

Yes, of course. People do mature but chances of a donkey evolving to a thoroughbred race horse are somewhat slimmer than those for an full-blooded arabian.

the chances of a donkey maturing into a donkey seem pretty slim too, if some of the wonderful gents on the visa run bus are any indication. glad i don't do those visa runs anymore.