Talk of killing the bf/gf

condotown

Would you try to save your own bf/gf relationship where your partner threatens murder or suicide on   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you try to save your own bf/gf relationship where your partner threatens murder or suicide on

• No... because of the following reason/s:
    • Yes... because of the following reason/s:

I didnt take my ex's statement seriously.. and he did kill himself, unfortunately. I don't think I could either have saved him if I took it seriously.

Without thinking rationally, people can say "whatever" they want when they get so stressed, pissed, emotional... not nice if they say it repeatedly. It's killing you...and the relationship.

I'd try my best to cheer him up if I see some potential treatment (at early stage). Some people's attitude is dangerously incurable!! (leave it // take it)

Gotta see how often that killing threat has been mentioning. I don't normally give the 3rd chance after a serious agreement's been made.

I'm wondering what other TF members would do if they had a bf/gf who talked about killing themselves or you whenever they got upset about something.

Is it worth trying to keep the relationship going?

Suicidal people rarely talk about their plans to anyone. If they succeed the first time, it's usually just because their plan worked too well.

I'd tell him/her to go ahead and do it. Don't have time for whiners who think every little thing is worth flinging themselves off a bridge for.

If the reason was mediocre, I'd offer my help.

my close friend poisoned himself with arsenic 3 days before we were to go to our high school reunion.

my cousin walked into the forest and hung himself from a tree.

usually, but not always, the ones that threaten it are eather trying to use it as mental/psychological "control leverage" ( or it is a real cry out for help)

the ones that are depressed, but don't say anything are ones to worry about...i think...

both should be looked at...but not manipulated by!

5 separate answers, yet only 2 votes. How does that work?

eh?

Which part are you confused about?

Now you're following me around. What is it with me and stalkers today?

eh?

Just online and bored at the same time as you, don't be thinking too much about stalker status with me, just think about the questions posed, previous posts and topic of the forum.

I made the mistake of getting involved, briefly, with a long time friend a while back. She has a successful insurance business in Thailand and is very driven. I had known her for about 4 years and would always stop in and say "hello" when I was in town on hoilday.

On one trip we got together as she had just divorced her husband. One afternoon, while having lunch by the pool she related to me that she had gotten into an argument with her husband and that during the course of the argument she picked up a knife and stabbed him in the shoulder. I began to rethink as to whether or not I wanted to remain involved with her.

That night, while having drinks with some friends of mine, she told one of them that if she ever caught me cheating on her she would kill my friend, me and then herself. I ended things that night.

The next thing I know she stalked me to BKK. I had gone away for a few days and when I returned to my hotel room she was in there waiting for me. She had somehow convinced the hotel staff that she was my wife and they allowed her access to my room. I had hotel security remove her immediately.

It's bad enough that I choose to face the hazards of my job. I don't need the additional hazard of a psycho-*****-from-hell :shock:

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, she says that crap all the time, apart from calling the police few times and crackin the shits from time to time, oh she thretens genital mutilation if i *** around, but as i never have and does habitually ........i put it down to transference of guilt :roll:

or havin an arsehole for a bf, just a thought

I had an ex-girlfriend that would pretend to cut her wrists in front of me...as in hold a knife to her wrists and make a slicing motion, but not actually draw any blood

At first I reacted with a lot of concern, but soon I realized it was just a ploy for attention

And as soon as I stopped reacting to her "cutting"....it soon stopped, which just goes to show u how desperate some people can be for attention

I'm wondering what other TF members would do if they had a bf/gf who talked about killing themselves or you whenever they got upset about something.

Suicidal people rarely talk about their plans to anyone. If they succeed the first time, it's usually just because their plan worked too well.

I'd tell him/her to go ahead and do it. Don't have time for whiners who think every little thing is worth flinging themselves off a bridge for.

sorry but no. suicidals often talk about it.

I told my girl in korea I didn't love her so she swallowed 80 sleeping pills in front of me.

I am a cruel bastard so I just laughed at her, and said I was going to leave when she fell asleep, and say I was never there.

I waited for an hour until she was going to go to sleep for good, and then i drove to the close police station (where they know me well) and we went back with 6 officers and carried her to the hospital.

did i do the right thing?

to this day, i am not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont think its healthy to be in such a relationship...but ill stick around to make sure she does the job well when she is in her selfdestructing mood again...

poor little clarice cant seem to stop hearing the crying of the lambs...

sorry but no. suicidals often talk about it.

successful suicidals don't. they're dead.

I think I made the right decision in letting her go.

YEP.

The key point is that anyone that talks or acts negatively brings the whole relationship down.

And I think that's about as negatively as anyone can talk.

either they are manipulative shits, and that is no basis for a relationship, or they really ARE psychos who want to kill you, and that is just no basis for a relationship.

only one solution: Erase, Replace, Embrace New Face.