Police look for Underage Valentine's Day Kissing!

LingBaah

Is this for real? :lol:

Is it really considered a sign or moral decay when two teenage kids share a kiss in public, or just representative of how some Thais are not comfortable with PDA?

Bangkok Police Plan Crackdown on Underage Kissing on Valentine's Day

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

BANGKOK, Thailand ? A word of advice to young Thai lovers on Valentine's Day: No kissing in public.

Bangkok police say they plan to protect underage couples from the sting of Cupid's arrow, and will crack down on what is deemed to be "inappropriate" behavior.

Patrols will start after school hours in "high-risk areas" such as public parks, shopping malls and restaurants, said Police Lt. Vorawat Amornviwat of the Metropolitan Police Bureau.

The patrols will expand in the evening to include nightclubs, bars and so-called love motels, which rent small rooms for short periods of time.

"If we find teenagers below 18 engaged in inappropriate behavior like kissing, we will give them warnings and report to their parents so they can pick them up," he said. "Alcohol is definitely a catalyst for this kind of behavior, so we will keep an eye on underage drinking."

The Metropolitan Police force also has asked nightclub and bar owners to help by turning away underage customers.

"These places are not meant for kids," he said, adding that Valentine's Day required extra vigilance "because they seem to be more vulnerable to sexual temptations on this particular night."

The crackdown on public displays of affection is the latest effort to balance the country's look-the-other-way tolerance with Buddhist values of modesty and manners.

Over the weekend, the Culture Ministry issued what it called the "10 Commandments of Love" to encourage teens not to engage in sexual activities while celebrating Valentine's Day.

No this is not down to the CNS...its the Culture Ministry who have really nothing better to do, but we wish they would go stick their head up an alligators bum!

Seriously...these are the people who think that girls wearing dresses or tops that have "spaghetti" straps are one step away from being hookers... nothing to do with the fact that the original "ban" came out during Songkran when it is not only very hot here, but also when manic groups rampage through every town in the Kingdom drenching everyone with water ... the original concept of a sprinkling of water as a blessing long gone!

I guess our Culture Ministry needs to come out with something every now and then to justify their existence, but it would really do Thailand a favour if they would think about the reaction around the world before they make their "pronouncements"...

...dear oh dear... whatever next?

Greer

No this is not down to the CNS...its the Culture Ministry who have really nothing better to do, but we wish they would go stick their head up an alligators bum!

Seriously...these are the people who think that girls wearing dresses or tops that have "spaghetti" straps are one step away from being hookers... nothing to do with the fact that the original "ban" came out during Songkran when it is not only very hot here, but also when manic groups rampage through every town in the Kingdom drenching everyone with water ... the original concept of a sprinkling of water as a blessing long gone!

I guess our Culture Ministry needs to come out with something every now and then to justify their existence, but it would really do Thailand a favour if they would think about the reaction around the world before they make their "pronouncements"...

Greer

This is true. This has been going on for several years now. Perhaps the worst was baci in 2004-5 when they threatened to station police at every fashion to make sure no model's boobs happened to spill out of a loose cut gown. So no, you can't chalk this up to the CNS.

Greer

This is true. This has been going on for several years now. Perhaps the worst was baci in 2004-5 when they threatened to station police at every fashion to make sure no model's boobs happened to spill out of a loose cut gown. So no, you can't chalk this up to the CNS.

And lets not forget the banning of spaghetti string tops at Songkran last year.

Greer

Attention to detail Maurice

See your speed reading skills are equal to your mathematic capabilities

Greer

Attention to detail Maurice

See your speed reading skills are equal to your mathematic capabilities

Thats what you get for not reading the complete thread! Just thought I would see if anyone picked it up lol.

Not sure about that news. I only heard that it won't happen in Laos.

I wonder what would it be like if Thai Government really have the policy same as Laos that everyone have the ID card telling if you are married or single and indicate your spouse name. And all the hotels can allow the couple only if their ID card show that they are couples.

I heard our goverment considering this but no more news about it.

For sure, the teenagers won't be allowed to make it in hotels. :lol:

i thought it was stupid but then i realize that if you are a parent of a 15 yr old child, u probably would think that it's such a great thing. Not that i think government should get involved cus is bloody rediculous... But im sure it did a fair lot of mothers-fathers some good.

thaithai123 wrote:

I wonder what would it be like if Thai Government really have the policy same as Laos that everyone have the ID card telling if you are married or single and indicate your spouse name.

I guess atleast u wont get fooled and shagged by a married man with kids...

and if u got hit by a bus and died or become hospitalize, u wont be an anonymous homeless :shock: (and by saying that, i meant that a fair lot of ppl live in a different address as what they have on their id... as we all know.)

ur being a bit hard on the police. i once got my cigarette lit by a policeman... they really could do the citizen some good if u ask them so!

...........Seriously, my bf got stuck in the middle of a highway (Or sumthing like that - cant remember) and a police actually gave him a lift to where he had to be. thats not so bad innit?