When's the last time you heard "I love you"?

khun_lung

Okay, I ask this question because I have heard "I love you" twice in the last year. And both times from ***GUYS***!!! Okay, I know that they meant they loved me like a brother or whatever but not as a lover (yuck!).

But it's still an interesting question. When was the last time you heard "I love you"? Do you think it was from the heart (or from inside the underwear)? Or have you never heard those words from a lover? And if you have heard those three important words, was it real?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time you heard "I love you"? Do you think it was from the heart (or from inside the underwear)? Or have you never heard those words from a lover? And if you have heard those three important words, was it real?

A few mins ago (too long already!!! :P ) and I can feel it even it sometimes has been left unsaid. :wink:

Cheers.

Hey, good question. Last time for me was October, and the time before that was a year ago November. It was very nice to hear that both times. But... I almost pretended I didn't hear it both times. Hmmmmm. Life is very complicated. I have no doubt it was completely real both times, too. Although it might have had just a little to do with the depth of my pockets on the second occasion... but what makes you love someone but the whole package and well, ones pocket depth is part of that I suppose... Well, neither time was easy to leave behind, it just had to be..

I've also come to understand it doesn't mean the same thing in BKK as it does in California. Over here in Cali it means, "I love you, muchacha, I want to sleep with you," "I love you, honey, did you pay Downey Savings & Loan?", or "I love you, man, send the signed contract". Over there in BKK it means "I love you, I give my life to you, I extend myself so that you can develop in spirit (and I don't want your money)". Something like that. And for that reason, it'll take a lot longer to hear it there in BKK, for reals, than here in Santa Monica. In fact that time lag nearly drove me crazy. I'd call up another Thai friend and ask her, "I think she loves me but she doesn't say ****. What's wrong?" "Relax, you think too much," said my friend, "she loves you but she won't tell you until you are ready to hear and understand it."

I'm still learning. It's been a good ride so far. I'm in deep.

• 2 weeks later...