visit to bkk

jerol

Question

hi

i am visiting bkk again in march. i am interested in seeing a lot more than just the tourist things on preset tours as i dont get enough time to take in the atmosphere and as i do a lot of photography i need more time than most tourists. there are the particular things in bkk i want to do this time. i want to spend some time on the river so is it possible to find a boat with an english speaker to go to the more of the beaten track places? i would also like to visit a village not too far from bangkok to get a taste of local life there also. i also need a thai girl to model for me and one who is not shy can this be found? it would be perfect if all three could be achived in one package but i am sure that is asking too much. all help deeply appreciated.

jerol

10 answers to this question

You can easily find a thai girl to model for you who is not shy, if by "not shy" you mean "will take off her clothes," or more, which I am guessing is the case. Any bar girl will happily do this for you... after all, you're paying her for more than taking off her clothes. She might even go with you on the river in a long-tail boat to explore some khlongs up river a little from BKK or out in Thonburi and west: she can at least translate for you.

It is not so likely you will find a willing thai girl who will take her clothes off or more for your photographs and who is not working as a prostitute.

--Ling

Perhaps I guessed wrong. It certainly happens. But in any case, what is wrong with a bar girl? Prostitution is as noble a profession as banking, and has a far longer history.

You want an english-speaking guide for a visit to a village and for travelling on the rivers and canals, and you want a female model who is not shy, and you asked whether all three could be found in the same person, or "package" as you said. Well, I've given you probably the easiest way of finding all three in the same person. Bar girls speak enough english, they're certainly willing to act as guides, and they are certainly willing to act as models, whether or not you ask them to take off their clothes or use their sexual services. They're definitely not shy. All you have to do is pay them for whatever services they render. And that's no different from the alternatives, since in general you'll have to pay a guide or a model anyway, whether or not they also work as prostitutes.

Of course if you're lucky, maybe someone will help you out for free.

--Ling

[Edited on 20/1/2004 by ling_dtua_khaao]

Hey Ling,

You deserve much credit for keeping your comments above board and not blasting this guy away. Actually, I have my suspicions that perhaps the individual behind the profile may not actually be that which they pruport to be. If they are a true photographer with any merit, then why is his profile picture blurry? Secondly, does this person have an online portfolio where potential models may investigate his past shoots?

If I had to venture a guess, I would say that this is some guy trolling the waters here in an attempt to get unsuspecting girls to send him pictures. After a girl offers to be his model, what is next? Will he ask them to send him pictures so he can evaluate their "model" potential? And then what..."Ggee Honey, thanks for the pics, but really I need you to send me some of you without your clothes on so that I can really see if you are what I'm looking for..." Maybe it is just me, but I can see where this might be headed.

:casstet:

thanks kindly to those of u who have taken the time to reply to me.. i am genuine and do have qualifications and awards and have been published in a few respectable magazines.. my personal email is [email protected] u can see some of my work at this web site www.b-pic.co.uk there is also a link to more of my art work from here. please ask anyother questions to me as i have nothing to hide... the blurry picture in my profile is on that was taken most recently for my work pass and as it was a small file thats why i used it. thanks for all ur imput so far and i have booked my next trip and will be in bkk last week in March. :)

hi to all that r u reading and answering

just to clear things up and to applogise to anyone i have offeneded.

i only posted the original request here as i t seemed to be a site with knowlegable poeple with a genuine interest in friendly interactivity, plus there also seemed to be girls with pictures of a certain nature who just might be interested in my request.. i have been to thailand three times last year and indeed used a professional model. i also talked to some bar girls and visited some other sites and chat rooms. can i try to clear things up a little.

i have no hidden agenda and no intention to get into any lawsuit or anything with anyone who was only airing their opinion. i appreciate all that everyone has had to say.

so to put it in perspective. professional model too exspensive as i am doing this for experimental art and creativity. bar girls (whom i have the greatest respect for as they are just people doing a job) some of whom i have had great conversation with, but because of there almost numbed attitude about nudity that it actually shows in their eyes when photographed and i hope this is read in the way it is meant because i have no wish to make a bigger mountain out of a simple molehill .

i am happy to show examples of my work to anyone who thinks that i am anything more than i say i am and they can make up their own mind.

so hoping this has brought my situation to another level and hopefully put everyone at ease with my intentions.

Chimera

i would photograph u with your sunnies and mask on it would add an even more surreal aspect to what i do. i think i actually will do a series of such shots now as it has sparked off some creativity for me to work with.

thanks to everyone for there time and patients for reading my ramblings.

jerol

I have read the posts and yes at first i thought errrmm wierdo upto no good

but after reading your last few posts i understand where u are coming from and belive your sincerity but im not thai and don't fully understand there views regarding this

As many people have said why not photograph a bar girl if she is ok with it. I think if you find a bar girl that is willing to do this whats the problem you have had good advice what u asked for.

You say u want a guide to go out of bkk etc. If u do the photography once u have known her a while ie: been to the villages got to know her im sure she would do better than any model u may find who as you say about the bargirls may have a sour face. At the end of the day if u take care of her she will take care of u.

If i was a photographer i would of thought twice about placing the post in the first place u can't just ask things like that witout being looked upon as strange. asking a lady to reveal herself without even knowing u is not going to happen i hope. Maybe get to know someone online first then ask her its got to be better than just coming out with it like this.

JayBpool