Are Romantic Comedies An Acceptable Cinema Genre?

stegee

Are RomComs an acceptable cinema genre?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are RomComs an acceptable cinema genre?

• Yes, I am a girl/gay and love them.
    • No, I have testicles and think they are sh|t.
    • They are okay as long as Hugh Grant isn't in them playing himself.
    • Who gives a sh|t?

Especially if they have Hugh Grant playing himself in them?

PUKE...

i love hugh grant [along with all the other cute guys of romantic comedies like luke wilson, colin firth to name a few] and yes, i am such a 'girly girl'...

not all the time, but don't you just love watching movies you know that will not make you think... will not stir up any emotions except some 'eeewwws' when it gets all too mushy... and simply smile, relax, sit and watch the characters fall in love?

not all the time, but don't you just love watching movies you know that will not make you think... will not stir up any emotions except some 'eeewwws' when it gets all too mushy... and simply smile, relax, sit and watch the characters fall in love?

Sure I like that, I call them 'sit back and watch' movies. But watching Hugh Grant does stir up emotions in me... It brings the content of my stomach out... :D

An example of a 'sit back and watch' movie would be "From dusk till dawn" :twisted:

OBVIOUSLY NOT!!

Are Romantic Comedies An Acceptable Cinema Genre?

Especially if they have Hugh Grant playing himself in them?

Of course! Why not? One of the most likeable films in recent memory is "Love Actually", both a romantic comedy and with Hugh Grant also. It was in that film that I finally gave him credit as a competent actor.

The "Shrek" series, while cute and likeable and animated, are likewise romantic comedies.

"Forty First Dates" is another. A loveable film. And even "The 40 Year Old Virgin"!

Of course they are an acceptable genre! And if well done, sell a lot of tickets!