Why Farang Men Ignor White Farang Woman

CanadaGirl

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i disagree, there is always a price to pay. There is no such thing as something for nothing

yeah there is ... this kind gentleman from nigeria (finance minister actually) has just offered to give me $10 million for nothing ...

you wait till he moves in and starts making your life hell...

for $10 million he can do whatever the f**k he likes ....

well with 1 or 2 exceptions ..........

I've heard about this whole idea of ignoring farang women and quite frankly, I don't understand it. For me a person is a person regardless of where they are from. We may be socialized in different ways but in the end we're all pretty much the same. For those who say that "white" women are all about money and status, they obviously haven't spent enough time in Thailand, or anywhere in asia... heck the world for that matter. Success is an attractive thing to all races. For me, it's whoever will talk to me... LOL. I'm not going to lump all men into one catagory just like I'm not going to lump all women together either. Some guys like Asian women for pure physical reasons while others have the notion that they have better personalities. That's just for the guys who only date asian women, of course. But I bet they would be just as happy to be with a farang if it was the right person. This seems like a pretty cut 'n dry subject but I think it's a lot more complex that just saying farang men ignore farang women. One other thing to keep in mind is that sometimes it's easier to talk to people when you don't understand the language completely. I don't quite understand why this is but I definately have experienced it. However, I bet if you stopped and talked with farang men they would be more appreciative than you think. And more open.

I agree with you about everyone being an individual, but culture comes into play as well. As wrong as we're taught it is to judge someone by his culture, the influence cannot be denied.

Western women are brought up in, what I consider to be, an extremist culture of independence. They are taught to be self-reliant and independent as ALL costs. They are VERY unwilling (in general) to put up with the annoying little things about men. They want to make the statement "We don't NEED you. If we WANT you, we'll call you," and they do it quite well. I don't blame the women, per se. I blame this culture. Men WANT to be needed. I want to feel like there is a reason I'm there other than the whim of a woman. Thai women are still being brought up in a culture of "Love your man, do everything you can for him and to make the relationship work." THAT'S what Western women aren't getting. And I would venture to say the 90% of men who still dig Farang women have by-and-large NOT travelled too much, and certainly haven't been to Thailand.

Then, in America at least, there's the overconsumption part of our culture that affects MOST of us, not just the women. I've been back in the states for about 5 months now, and I haven't met a SINGLE (that's 1, not as-opposed-to-married, lol) woman who's piqued my interest even remotely. There just aren't any that I find attractive.

I am of the opinion that ALL Western men, Americans in particular, should spend a few months travelling the world just to see how the other half lives. It might be a humbling experience for everyone.

bollocks....it's a matter of supply and not being in demand...

many of the men that travel to meet thai girls simply cant attract western women due to being failures in their own cultural context......

I love all women....there still some awesome western women out there ....and some awesome thai women.....oollocks to say we ignore either

I agree there are many awesome Western women out there. Problem is, you can't really tell that they AREN'T awesome until the day they hit you up for the divorce. ;)

I agree 'western' girls do not have the same attitude as those from an asian culture. Take japanese women, they devote their lifes to their husbands. :

funny that's not what i hear generally. if you date a jp woman like that she's probably the exception, everything i'm hearing (and this is from japanese women friends) is that the majority of japanese women are materialistic and self absorbed, more concerned that their husband devote their paycheck to a new prada bag for them than anything else...

in short that assertion, to me, reeks of stereotype and i dont really smell much reality to it...

Stereotypes aren't as bad as they're cracked up to be. Are they fair to individuals? Absolutely not. But who ever said life was fair? You can look into any group of people and find a good match for yourself. But do you REALLY want bad odds? I don't. You really can think of it as a numbers game, and if you look into a culture that has more of the things you value than another culture, your odds of finding someone are much better, and it will probably happen more quickly.

Western women are brought up in, what I consider to be, an extremist culture of independence. They are taught to be self-reliant and independent as ALL costs. They are VERY unwilling (in general) to put up with the annoying little things about men. They want to make the statement "We don't NEED you. If we WANT you, we'll call you," and they do it quite well. ...

i dont find that to be true. maybe boston's different, or maybe i'm meeting the 'wrong' women.

And I would venture to say the 90% of men who still dig Farang women have by-and-large NOT travelled too much, and certainly haven't been to Thailand.

i would venture to say that at least 90 percent of the men in the US who are only interested in asian women havent travelled much either.

Then, in America at least, there's the overconsumption part of our culture that affects MOST of us, not just the women.

if that is a euphemism for rampant obesity, then yep.

I am of the opinion that ALL Western men, Americans in particular, should spend a few months travelling the world just to see how the other half lives. It might be a humbling experience for everyone.

i think all americans should travel just so they get the idea that there is more to the planet than only the US.

Quite agree (for the most part) with JCBoston's remarks. Yes, guys, and for that matter most native born Americans, need to get out and about more.

Also, western women *have* evolved into the realm of the "queen bee". I don't wanta be a drone, as such, Asian women tend to be more attactive to me, not just because of their looks though.

So, where's this article at that started this thread anyways, aye?

i dont find that to be true. maybe boston's different, or maybe i'm meeting the 'wrong' women.

It's not just Boston. I'm living in Denver now. The women here are friendlier than Boston, but nothing like Thais.

i would venture to say that at least 90 percent of the men in the US who are only interested in asian women havent travelled much either.

Those are the ones I would say appreciate the aesthetics of Asians.

if that is a euphemism for rampant obesity, then yep.

Did I get caught using a euphemism? Oops! :oops:

i think all americans should travel just so they get the idea that there is more to the planet than only the US.

As insulted as I'm inclined to be by that statement, I can only find myself agreeing. :(

I agree there are many awesome Western women out there. Problem is, you can't really tell that they AREN'T awesome until the day they hit you up for the divorce. ;)

last i heard asian women are quite capable of divorce also.

Yeah, but again, look at the numbers.

In Thailand, many marriages/unions aren't registered. Same with "divorces." So the numbers don't mean sh*t.

And considering the different cultural/legal contraints upon diivorce in different societies, divorce statistics are not a reliable indicator as to whether marriages are happy or working or not.

I also think many Asian women would love to have that "extremist culture of independence" you refer to so distastefully, if only the male-dominated cultures they live in, and at times oppresses them, would allow it.

Your depiction of Western women is, frankly, cartoon-like and incredibly bitter.

well, i didnt read thru every comments, but according to the topic headline, I'd say...

i got a few single western friends asking me that too. (but most of them are over 30.) To my assumption - when a woman is over 30 ...living in an Asian countries .... ppl can automatically 'assume' that they are married.

But the "Love your man, do everything you can for him and to make the relationship work." is something i totally disagree. That only applies to SOME women. and i found a lot of western women who worked really hard to maintain their relationships. So that can't be the specification.

I, for one - can't put up with the 'annoying little things' either...bc they are indeed - annoying.

In Thailand, many marriages/unions aren't registered. Same with "divorces." So the numbers don't mean sh*t.

And considering the different cultural/legal contraints upon diivorce in different societies, divorce statistics are not a reliable indicator as to whether marriages are happy or working or not.

I also think many Asian women would love to have that "extremist culture of independence" you refer to so distastefully, if only the male-dominated cultures they live in, and at times oppresses them, would allow it.

Your depiction of Western women is, frankly, cartoon-like and incredibly bitter.

First of all, I'm not bitter at all. I find the culture disagreeable, and choose not to participate. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't drink Budweiser either, but would you say I'm bitter about American beer?

As far as the numbers, what would make you think that the unregistered marriages in Thailand would end with a different frequency than the registered ones? Perhaps to you they mean less, but to Thais they don't. They both have the same significance and obligation in the eyes of Thais, and many of them actually resent the government trying to control what they see as part of their private life and culture.

And lastly, most Thais I've talked to on the subject find the aspects that we've discussed about Western culture distasteful. Sure, they'd be happy with a bit more independence and having their own say, but not to the extreme that it exists in the West. I treat every woman I'm with as an equal, and that's enough for a Thai. Hoever, Thais don't confuse equality with sameness, a trait I find extremely attractive.

But the "Love your man, do everything you can for him and to make the relationship work." is something i totally disagree. That only applies to SOME women. and i found a lot of western women who worked really hard to maintain their relationships. So that can't be the specification.

I, for one - can't put up with the 'annoying little things' either...bc they are indeed - annoying.

Then I wouldn't expect anything more from you than I would expect from an American. Thankfully, I've met only patient women from Thailand.

Personally, there isn't a woman on the face of the Earth that I don't find annoying. Unfortunately the things I find annoying are things that go along with being female, not with being Thai, American, etc. However, the happiness comes when I find one with whom I can have a mutual acceptance of annoying things.

JImba said it well. We go were most suited or comfortable. If white women are affended well there are plenty of white men out there. TO each there own. Me I enjoy women ,no race preference

Well said. I don't have a race preference either. I make my judgements based on the individual attractiveness and personality. I make culture a starting point for looking, but I certainly wouldn't refuse to date a really nice American woman.

As far as the numbers, what would make you think that the unregistered marriages in Thailand would end with a different frequency than the registered ones? Perhaps to you they mean less, but to Thais they don't. They both have the same significance and obligation in the eyes of Thais, and many of them actually resent the government trying to control what they see as part of their private life and culture.

And lastly, most Thais I've talked to on the subject find the aspects that we've discussed about Western culture distasteful. Sure, they'd be happy with a bit more independence and having their own say, but not to the extreme that it exists in the West. I treat every woman I'm with as an equal, and that's enough for a Thai. Hoever, Thais don't confuse equality with sameness, a trait I find extremely attractive.

I didn't say unregistered marriages in Thailand are less significant, legitimate or have less meaning than registered marriages, so don't put words in my mouth. The point I made is that you don't have a stastically accurage sample of what's really going on in the society if unregistered marriages are not included. And judging from the amount of Thai women I've met whose husbands are no longer around, I don't think marriages here are lasting significantly longer than those in the West. But admittedly, my conclusion is based on anecdotal evidence.

As for your Thai friends agreeing with you about Western culture, most people wouldn't like the culture you describe. What you're describing, however, isnt the reality many of us see. I think your view of the culture is extreme, not the culture itself.

And I think your statement about never having met a woman who you didn't find annoying to be incredibly revealing.

I didn't say unregistered marriages in Thailand are less significant, legitimate or have less meaning than registered marriages, so don't put words in my mouth. The point I made is that you don't have a stastically accurage sample of what's really going on in the society if unregistered marriages are not included. And judging from the amount of Thai women I've met whose husbands are no longer around, I don't think marriages here are lasting significantly longer than those in the West. But admittedly, my conclusion is based on anecdotal evidence.

As for your Thai friends agreeing with you about Western culture, most people wouldn't like the culture you describe. What you're describing, however, isnt the reality many of us see. I think your view of the culture is extreme, not the culture itself.

And I think your statement about never having met a woman who you didn't find annoying to be incredibly revealing.

Inflammatory, Loburt. Take the gloves off and put your moderator hat back on.

Using divorce statistics is a little unfair. Actually, it's sexist. To say that the divorce rate is higher in the western world (specifically the US) because of the attitudes of woman is pretty chauvenistic (sic?). I personally like asian women (the ones I've met anyway) because of certain youthful, almost girlish quality many posses even at older ages (witness the success of hello kitty even amongst older asian women) and because of the physical features. But farang women can be equally attractive and their independence can be a great positive. I can understand liking certain qualities in a particular culture but the whole idea of ignoring farang women just because they're farangs seems a little absurd. And I don't think there is a type for farang women. I've met women with all sorts of personalities. Just as I've met asian women with all sorts of personalities.