Speedboat to Ko Samet beache - avoid the entrance fee?

Simmo_V2.0

Depends, I lived in Ban Phe (Small village you get the boats from) for over a year(visiting my uncle and aunt and 3 nephews) and my experiences are hit and miss. Sometimes there will be someone to collect it there sometimes not. I cant remember exactly how much the entrance fee is but it wasnt entirely that much when I was there, maybe a few hundred baht. If you want to save money, try the slow boats they are only like 50baht to get to the island and then get one of the trucks to drive you to whatever beach. I guess it depends on how many are in your party to see if this is better (splitting the speedboat costs+no fee compared to 50baht boat+fee)

Hope you have fun, and try not to let them rob you blind ;)

It still works.. I always take a speedboat, more fun, fast and never paid any fee.. So it's more cheap also when you share the speedboat with some friends.. Just let you dump at the beach somewhere and not at the pier of course.. The National Park fee is now 400 baht for foreigners. For Thai 40 baht.. :? :roll: :wink: I don't have problems to pay a National Park entrance fee but have problems with dual pricing.. :wink:

What I can say is DO NOT get a speedboat at the pier directly across the road from the bus station! They will try to rip you off big time...quoted me 3,000 baht one-way!

Go back down the main road a couple of piers to (I think) Pier 3. The standard one-way price is 1,200 baht and that's for the whole boat, not per passenger and they'll take you to any beach.

Beer (TF name friends) lives and works on Koh Samed and she is the real expert.

I don't have problems to pay a National Park entrance fee but have problems with dual pricing.. :wink:

for those foriegners with a valid work permit and paying taxes here in thailand the price is the same as for thai nationals- the dual pricing is for tourists.

don't have a problem with this type of dual pricing!! it's the taxi driver/boat driver style of dual pricing i find annoying!!