Is there a Bangkok Public Library?

711_Dimsum

National Library on the corner of Samsen Rd and Sri Ayuthya Rd,Tewet.(Built on Royal land with money and many many books from the King)

Contains most of Thailand's most important books and documents,has a small English language section(air Con)but most is in Thai,open free to everybody,but you can not borrow books without a Thai ID card.There are no other public libraries as far as I know. 8)

I very much doubt it.

Idiot .. Hope the surgery is successful to remove your head from your ass ..

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Are you looking for an English library ? .. Then the answer is yes .. The Neilson Hays Library on Suriwongse Road.

They hold an english reading class for young children on a Saturday afternoon & have an interesting programme of lectures & exhibitions too .. An Australian buddy of mine held a photography exhibition there of his travels on an icebreaker through Antartica.

Its in a old colonial style building set in a beautiful garden .. Its real nice place to sit, read a book (it may be an old one tho') and enjoy the building .. I guess you just found your sanctuary.

It was opened in 1922, King Rama VI gave the library a Secretary Writing desk, bearing the Royal Insignia which is still in use today.

The annual membership fee is 2000b if you want to remove the books

195 Surawongse Road Tel 0-2233-1731