PUT TO DEATH

cs3602001

CarenM

I posted the quotation as an example, not as a text that I support, I cannot see anywhere in my previous posts where I have endorsed the execution of "women who practice black magic, some women who r raped, some non-virign brides etc"

If my input woudl have been present it would have read "paedophiles, paedophiles and paedophiles", maybe prior to death I would also include some cruel and unusual torture.

For this kind of killing I do not have to quote anything or justify anything, it is my opinion on how peadophiles should be dealt with.

well if u don't support that particular viewpoint why have u posted it twice ?? i don't support it and don't believe it invalidates the 6th commandment, a) because i don't believe in killing ppl and B) because the piece of "scripture" u have quoted is totally ridiculous in the type of "crime" it believes warrants execution. and if u r quoting it (twice) then it is ur input !!!

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2005 1:07 pm Post subject:

Why does it not invalidate? Because you said so?

so does that mean u agree it does invalidate the 6th commandment ??

ok....

i didnt read the topic.

ok....

generally i dont believe in killing ppl, at least i *try* not to make a habit of it.

much respect to alla y'all and your christian beliefs ... and i think the content of those ten commandments has merit...

but... as a non-christian? honestly? the fact that something is a "commandment" doesnt mean **** to me.

i have my reasons for being non-violent, but the ethical argument that these things were handed down by God to hebrews and later passed on to christians? meaningless to me, and a bit comical. and probably a few other ppl...

now i'm not saying there's anything wrong with christians debating whether a commandment is absolute, but i dont feel bound by your findings ;) seems like a great discussion u guys got goin on, but a bit provincial (ok, i'm just jealous coz i'm left out).

CarenM,

well if u don't support that particular viewpoint why have u posted it twice ??

I really cannot understand your reasoning, I have stated I quoted it as an example to a theological argument, since when has quoting something meant that you have to be in support of it?

I have on several occasions quoted your text, however I really do not agree with it most of the time, you have some strange ideas.

As for cunning_stunt, Jim told me you bow down to him on a regular basis, usually under his desk, making sure he is kept happy.

ok....

i didnt read the topic.

ok....

generally i dont believe in killing ppl, at least i *try* not to make a habit of it.

much respect to alla y'all and your christian beliefs ... and i think the content of those ten commandments has merit...

but... as a non-christian? honestly? the fact that something is a "commandment" doesnt mean sh*t to me.

i have my reasons for being non-violent, but the ethical argument that these things were handed down by God to hebrews and later passed on to christians? meaningless to me, and a bit comical. and probably a few other ppl...

now i'm not saying there's anything wrong with christians debating whether a commandment is absolute, but i dont feel bound by your findings ;) seems like a great discussion u guys got goin on, but a bit provincial (ok, i'm just jealous coz i'm left out).

Zeus read the topic please. i am not arguing from a christian (or hindu or moslem) perspective. i simply believe that killing somebody is wrong and that if we kill someone no matter how heineous his/her crimes we are being dragged down to their level. now i don't believe this comes from god (although maybe it does) to the hebrews and than to the christians and then to me. it is just something i believe is wrong . however i think it is crap to quote what craig has as means of "invalidated" the 6th commandment and then try to say u don't necessarily agree with it .... dohhhhhhhhhh.

i don't follow or practice any religion, but believe that every individual knows what they r doing is right or wrong, but that's just me. but if i was going to argue against the 6th commandment i think i would have tried to find something more convincing than that pile of shite craig quoted ....

ok....

i didnt read the topic.

ok....

but... as a non-christian? honestly? the fact that something is a "commandment" doesnt mean sh*t to me.

Zeus read the topic please. i am not arguing from a christian (or hindu or moslem) perspective. i simply believe that killing somebody is wrong and that if we kill someone no matter how heineous his/her crimes we are being dragged down to their level. now i don't believe this comes from god (although maybe it does) to the hebrews and than to the christians and then to me. it is just something i believe is wrong . however i think it is crap to quote what craig has as means of "invalidated" the 6th commandment and then try to say u don't necessarily agree with it .... dohhhhhhhhhh.

i don't follow or practice any religion, but believe that every individual knows what they r doing is right or wrong, but that's just me. but if i was going to argue against the 6th commandment i think i would have tried to find something more convincing than that pile of shite craig quoted ....

read more than i'm letting on.

i dont kill ppl, as much as i would enjoy it, because it's wrong.

whether or not the 6th commandment is valid or not is not relevant if you are neither a practicing nor a lapsed chrsitan or jew.

KarenM

Please read my previous post below.

I really have no clue what you are talking about, I mention that from a biblical perspective murder and execution can be justified, once again I will ask you, since when does quoting soemthing mean you agree with it? In a debate type forum quotes are entered to show different perspectives and to stimulate further debate. I really think you have a fundamental problem with understanding anything.

PLEASE READ

So even from a biblical perspective murder and execution can be justified, I mean it was carried out thousands of times, according to the bible.

I guess, for me, the death sentence can seem somewhat macabre, meticulously planning the killing of another human being, following a set of rules, making sure they are carried out to the latter.

Can you not see? Are you in selectively blind? It is a "biblical perspective" not my own. Damn you are very strange.

Regarding Commandment 6, I found this little passage:

"This Commandment is not absolute. Not all murders are forbidden. Hebrew Scriptures specify many grounds for which this commandment is to be ignored, and a guilty party executed. Persons found guilty of temple prostitution, engaged women who are seduced by a man other than her future husband, women who practice black magic, some women who are raped in urban areas, children who cursed their parents, some non-virgin brides, Jews who collect firewood on Saturday to keep their families from freezing, persons proselytizing in favor of another religion, persons worshiping a deity other than Yahweh, strangers who entered the temple, etc; all were to be executed".

So even from a biblical perspective murder and execution can be justified, I mean it was carried out thousands of times, according to the bible.

I guess, for me, the death sentence can seem somewhat macabre, meticulously planning the killing of another human being, following a set of rules, making sure they are carried out to the latter. Then again, I try to imagine being on the receiving end one of these horrendous crimes, or more realistically if one of my family were the victim, how would that change my view of the death penalty, I am quite sure a lot of liberals out there would have swift attitude changes if a member of their own family were a victim of such a disgusting crime, that in the eyes of the law warrants the death penalty.

cs3602001

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2005 1:10 pm Post subject:

KarenM

Please read my previous post below.

I really have no clue what you are talking about, I mention that from a biblical perspective murder and execution can be justified, once again I will ask you, since when does quoting soemthing mean you agree with it? In a debate type forum quotes are entered to show different perspectives and to stimulate further debate. I really think you have a fundamental problem with understanding anything.

well u oviously have a problem spelling even when someones name is in front of u or is this ur juvenile attempt at humour. how witty, how amusing, how clever. jesus is that the best u can do ..... well usually in a discussion/debate u would quote something to either support ur point or to illustrate what u feel is wrong with a particular line of arguement. so r u saying u quote just for the hell of and don't agree or disagree with what u r quoting ?? if so why do u quote it ?? i don't have a fundamental problem with too many things, except for ppl quoting things or using certain illustrations and then when challenged on it, running away saying "that's not what i said/meant".

Can you not see? Are you in selectively blind? It is a "biblical perspective" not my own. Damn you are very strange.

it is a biblical perspective U have used to claim that the 6th commandment is invalid. so do u agree with it ??

As for cunning_stunt, Jim told me you bow down to him on a regular basis, usually under his desk, making sure he is kept happy.

well i don't even know who cunning_stunt is and i don't believe Jim told u that, so does that make u a LIAR ???or did Jim actually tell u that ?? u r a sad bitter ****

CarenM

You are incoherently babbling now, you can be very irritating.

As you can see, the original forum post asked for peoples views/thoughts on the Death Penalty.

As for my quote I was not for or against what Jimba said, I merely quoted something that was written in the same period of time as the ten commandments.

I think you have somewhat perverse views on how debates/discussions take place, it does not mean that you have to argue and fight, you are able to provide input in a non-confrontational manner.

As for cunning_stunt, he is my ex-boyfriend, he is the bitter and twisted one.

I have just been reading a section of another forum topic and Zeus got me thinking (thinking for me can be dangerous).

Anyway, I wondered what peoples views are on the death penalty.

I know this topic can muster up a lot of moral and philisophical quesitons, so I am interested to hear what people think, including the way the "sentence" is carried out, Lethal Injection, Electric Chair, Gas Chamber, Bullet.

How should this penalty be served, who "deserves" to be killed, if anyone?

Let's have some thoguhts.....

CarenM

You are incoherently babbling now, you can be very irritating.

As you can see, the original forum post asked for peoples views/thoughts on the Death Penalty.

As for my quote I was not for or against what Jimba said, I merely quoted something that was written in the same period of time as the ten commandments.

I think you have somewhat perverse views on how debates/discussions take place, it does not mean that you have to argue and fight, you are able to provide input in a non-confrontational manner.

As for cunning_stunt, he is my ex-boyfriend, he is the bitter and twisted one.

well i don't see where i am babbling incoherently, but that's just my opinion and i don't think i'm half as f**king irritating as U.

and if cunning_stunt is ur ex-bf why r u quoting Jim as saying i am keeping him happy ?? would appear to me that U r the bitter and twisted one.

Moderator's Note

Okay, we've had four pages of discussion on this topic. Most interested TF members have had their say. Nothing new has been added for a while.

The posts are now degenerating into personal attacks, and that won't be tolerated.

So, this thread is now over.

No appeals.

No mercy.

Start a new topic, and stick to the issues.