long distance relationship

gggrrr

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we can plan when exactly to meet and apart from that we got internet and cell... which can connect us together anytime then Im fine..

i mean if i can talk to my guy everyday in any way then im satisfied. Maybe becoz i love my privacy so im ok with this. you know u will feel it when u doing it, with someone u just have no doubt in him even hes far away and thats the most matter.

Very difficult, Hard to understand , Tough ! but it's worth ....

bonehead

Bonerhead

shut up midget...she's with me

Great smackdown, love it. Midget......... :D

( If that's all you can come up with you better leave these shark infested waters,you will get eaten alive. )

hey...i'll take my ball and go home...

Ok , because it's Thai new year i feel charitable, Sir i concede.

In answer to the author's original question,

I think that a long distance relationship is a tall order but if true love and commitment is shown by both parties then distance is only in the mind and love will find a way.

On the other hand, if one of the parties has numerous boyfriends/sponsors and is on first name terms with the teller at the Western Union Office and has her own private account, then it turns out she is the biggest hussy going this side of Patpong while her "beloved" has gone back to Farangland to work 7 days a week , 14 hours a day to provide a better life for her and her children.

Then NO, i don't think a long distance relationship can work.

(I'm not bitter and twisted really)

believe me it doesn't work.

Sometimes it can if there is a strong possibility that it can lead to something more permanent.

But generally i really dont see the point in a relationship that only allows you to be with your partner occassionally.

Call me old fashioned but isnt a relationship about always being there for each other.

Surely one ot the other if not both are just fooling themselves

I think iit depends on how long the distance stays an issue, more than anything else.

Let's face it of it's longer than a year or so, it either isn't going to happen because either one or both are happy with the arrangement so it will just become a lingering death or circumstances are such that it just cannot be. In the latter case the sooner both people realize it the better.

Anyone here in TF committed to another longer than a year, if so then good luck, you will probably live happily ever after together.

I think iit depends on how long the distance stays an issue, more than anything else.

Let's face it of it's longer than a year or so, it either isn't going to happen because either one or both are happy with the arrangement so it will just become a lingering death or circumstances are such that it just cannot be. In the latter case the sooner both people realize it the better.

Anyone here in TF committed to another longer than a year, if so then good luck, you will probably live happily ever after together.

I agree with u, Mike. U'll never learn eachother really. Probably u r on holiday. Ur mood is different than in real life. U like to enjoy and meet friends and drink some beer together. U'll always sleep in hotelrooms, go out eating and drinking (hey, it's holiday for me, isn't it!!!).

Even if u call or chat every day, it's still different. U r not the same person on the phone or internet, at least that's my experience. If u r like 3 to 4 weeks together in 1 year, u don't see the same person. And at once u see something in the other person that u don't like at all. And it'll collapse.

I had two LDR. One ended after 2 (two) days, the other ended in the second year.

Let's face the truth. To really knowing each other u hv to meet more regulary than 1 month a year.

I agree with u, Mike. U'll never learn eachother really. Probably u r on holiday. Ur mood is different than in real life. U like to enjoy and meet friends and drink some beer together. U'll always sleep in hotelrooms, go out eating and drinking (hey, it's holiday for me, isn't it!!!).

Even if u call or chat every day, it's still different. U r not the same person on the phone or internet, at least that's my experience. If u r like 3 to 4 weeks together in 1 year, u don't see the same person. And at once u see something in the other person that u don't like at all. And it'll collapse.

I had two LDR. One ended after 2 (two) days, the other ended in the second year.

Let's face the truth. To really knowing each other u hv to meet more regulary than 1 month a year.

I 150% agree w/ you, Thaibel. talk to each other in person is different than on the phone or msn.

I tended to always have long distance cause in my country, I am considered second class due to my disability and not attractive to local girls. So I had no choice but meet girls online and yet they were not local. The long distance can hurt especially it can take just 1 visit or even 5 visits till you realize she didnt have any love for you but wanted other things like sex or money etc. I have been in some nasty situations where I was a girls man on the side in long distance relationships without knowing it till it was too late. I thought I was developing a relationship, but actually she had a bf who was also on long distance... and my flight benefits were too easy to abuse (thus visiting more often).