long distance relationship

gggrrr

Well, I'm on my #3 gf, since Feb 2005 and very happy with her now, as she is with me :wink: But, any relationship whether it's close or far depends on alot of things, such as trust, etc. and time will always tell you later on the truth about it :D Thinking positive helps a lot!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm on my #3 gf, since Feb 2005 and very happy with her now, as she is with me :wink: But, any relationship whether it's close or far depends on alot of things, such as trust, etc. and time will always tell you later on the truth about it :D Thinking positive helps a lot!

were these relationships long distance, fookster?? :?:

It may work but you shouldn't expect each other to eeehm 'sit still' when you're on the other side of the world

There is the problem......some people expect you to sit still and that is not so easy at all. I would have to be real serious about a woman to "sit still" for an extended amount of time.

does anyone know someone who succeeded in a LDR?

I don't, and from my own experience, no, it can't work

-RIlINjuH!

Actually I know some friends who have succeeded in LDR cos they're now happily married after 5yrs of LDR. In their case, they both are not a flirty and they trust each other a lot. They do fight and argue like normal couples. I think what makes their relationship works is their trust and the environment around them. I mean they're both not a party animal who meet different good-looking people every different nights.

I think every relationship LDR or not are based on trust and how a couple is willing to give an effort towards a relationship. Some people just keep thinking that the other person is not here so we can have fun and do whatever we want without the other person would know. I would agree. Theres nothing can stop you from doing that. The other person would not want u to stop doing what u used to do cos of them but at least please be aware and dont let any temptation (there're a LOT in BKK) to let go of good feeling towards each other and give it to someone else. If you give up to build a relationship with someone when it doesnt even start yet, why would you waste your time to be in one?

When I decide to have a LDR, I would already have considered of the consequences of my decision. I know it would not be that easy but I wont give up unless its not working (if one of us give up first). I positively think that you two should decide where the relationship will go. Are you willing to be a LDR for a year or two till you decide (or are ready) that one of you need to move to be with the other and have a REAL relationship? LDR is not the end of the relationship. Its only a start and people tend to give up when a relationship is not even started yet.

does anyone know someone who succeeded in a LDR?

I don't, and from my own experience, no, it can't work

-RIlINjuH!

Me and some of my friends as well as now we are all married but to make LDR work it mean one of you have to give up something in your life like be away from your family and friends,change your life style as you can't go out the same way with same group of friends like when you stay at your country and etc...So LDR is hard and to make LDR work is hard too.

Since I am in currently in Saudi Arabia, it is all about LDR for me. I have been to a few websites that get you connected to a possible soul-mate. There are many problems to overcome, cultural differences, language, finding time when you both can be online at the same time, its tough. So why bother ? I have one answer, it's that small chance that somewhere out there in cyberland there is someone who is lonely and looking for you too. Its a longshot , and many would-be romances fail, but to those few that make it , well they make movies about them don't they ? ( i e " Sleepless In Seattle" )