When is the right time, or is there a right time ?

KhunEd

In Thailand there are many different people from many different countries, cultures, and backgrounds. As we mix together as friends, lovers and soul-mates there are times when your partner might makes a little mistake......

For example : You both are out at you local hangout with friends and or with people you have just met. The conversation is going well, but as your partner is talking,trying to speak your language, you notice that there is something not right, a particular word or phrase they are using that is not right, the pronounciation is just a little off, or the the meaning is all wrong. What do you do ? They others don't seem to notice, but everytime you hear it , it bothers you.

So here is the question : Would you break in and correct your partner, or would you sit back and let them continue, knowing they are trying, and you can always explain it to them later ?

Me problem same same. Me Dutch, and English difficult for us too. No g's and other funny sounds in English, very anoying.

Speak for yourself :D

When some english blokes asked me where is was from I said Rotterdam. Their reply was 'Nottingham?' Couldnt believe I was Dutch because I spoke English better than them :lol:

or maybe ur accent is that bad.

I would ask him to correct all wrong thing I said. Sure . we were not born in Your country , we have different accent which make you laugh sometimes.

But If I communicate by your language I would rather to make it right grammar, word and get the right thing to communicate. At least it's a respect for your langague also. So I wouldn't bother if my partner or friends correct what I said wrong.

At least next time I can remember right thing , correct sentence to communicate with another friends. and it 's a correct communication.

Same as you .. If you want to speak our langauge would you wanna say it as right grammar , accent , spelling ...and would you mind if friend would love to give a hand to correct your things?

You must understand, we no speak english. we spek thai we born.

you know i happy speak english with you farang. I practeese eveyday at work. I tink now my english is very good. i sure i pass exam.

:D

Hahaha!!! My rule of thumb is to never correct a girl with a large caliber rifle. :lol:

I say don't correct each other unless you two are alone, and do it in a constructive way.

I would ask him to correct all wrong thing I said. Sure . we were not born in Your country , we have different accent which make you laugh sometimes.

But If I communicate by your language I would rather to make it right grammar, word and get the right thing to communicate. At least it's a respect for your langague also. So I wouldn't bother if my partner or friends correct what I said wrong.

At least next time I can remember right thing , correct sentence to communicate with another friends. and it 's a correct communication.

Same as you .. If you want to speak our langauge would you wanna say it as right grammar , accent , spelling ...and would you mind if friend would love to give a hand to correct your things?

Shall we start now ?

You must understand, we no speak english. we spek thai we born.

you know i happy speak english with you farang. I practeese eveyday at work. I tink now my english is very good. i sure i pass exam.

:D

Hahaha!!! My rule of thumb is to never correct a girl with a large caliber rifle. :lol:

I say don't correct each other unless you two are alone, and do it in a constructive way.

I agree with you, Ling