Is Mel Gibson racist?

Kitschiguy

I was thinking about submitting a review with the hope of stimulating some lively debate. But after having endured Mel Gibson's latest drivel I don't think I need to. Everyone knows if a film is crap, because he either directed it or was in it.

So, after portraying The English (including a king) as a bunch of popous, murdering, racist, racists in not one, but two, for want of a better word, films.

Spewing rambling, anti-semitic waffle in a pissed-up hissy fit as well as bludgeoning, possibly one of the greatest religous mysteries in history, in 'some other film', he's now turned his attention to ancient South American history, and has decided to fuse Aztec and Mayan culture and committing other wildly innacurate blunders to celluloid. Rviews have been mixed, but words like, racist, culturally insensitive, innacurate and as one reviewer beautifully put it, crap are currently being bandied about.

So, is he racist, confused, or just a prat who really doesn't know any better?

I was thinking about submitting a review with the hope of stimulating some lively debate. But after having endured Mel Gibson's latest drivel I don't think I need to. Everyone knows if a film is crap, because he either directed it or was in it.

So, after portraying The English (including a king) as a bunch of popous, murdering, racist, racists in not one, but two, for want of a better word, films.

Spewing rambling, anti-semitic waffle in a pissed-up hissy fit as well as bludgeoning, possibly one of the greatest religous mysteries in history, in 'some other film', he's now turned his attention to ancient South American history, and has decided to fuse Aztec and Mayan culture and committing other wildly innacurate blunders to celluloid. Rviews have been mixed, but words like, racist, culturally insensitive, innacurate and as one reviewer beautifully put it, crap are currently being bandied about.

So, is he racist, confused, or just a prat who really doesn't know any better?

A prat who does a SHITE Scottish accent...

He does a crap Australian accent too.

Everybody's confused. Many people are racist in subtle ways and varying degrees (but you get to see it more clearly in celebs because they open their mouths too much, allowing stupid things to come out). I think he's just an annoying ****. He should have stopped after Mad Max 2 - those films were his finest.

--Ling

He does a crap Australian accent too.

sorry got to mention he is Australian at least he grew up in oz at least lol

but apart from that yeah his views do seem to be very opinionated and his verbal attack on 2 policemen when he got arrested for drunk driving points towards this.

He started ranting about jews and wars apparently.

I think this is another case of fundamnetal Christianity in the US, our god or no god.

every person in the world has had racist thoughts or feelings. to say that you do not look at one race other than yours as inferior is racism. every one has done it and to say that you have not done it at least one time in your life is bullshit.

hopefully, when a film maker makes an alleged recreation of an historical event, he or she will base it on facts. if they slant in it in one way or the other does that make them a racist?

grow up, it's art. take it or leave it.

Please ladies and gentlemen.

Let's all try to keep a sense of perspective here.

Or not.

Up to you.

Ok, if it is up to me, then I think that Mel Gibson IS NOT a racist.

His support for the Royal Automobile Club is legendary amongst its members.

Not French members obviously.

Sorry, PiAnt, I'm so stupid that have no idea what are you talking about, you know, I'm a kind of a primitive chick, though I have some Royal ancestors but they aren't French or automobilists. I have seen only MG films and can judge from that angle only.

Lyna. Piant is "right off the wall"

He speaks with twisted tongue and does it very well.

Very calculating if I may add!

don'y worry about "not understanding Ant!"

(even his mother can't!) :wink:

I personally think that Mel was set up by the Jewish media to discredit him .

He was probably under surveilance and the Jewish media knowing full well

that Mel is an alcoholic ; waited for the right opportunity and calls were made .

As an actor I think he's nothing special but I didnt mind watching Braveheart

Being Australian , I am also being biased

He's Australian

He's actually not an Australian he was born in the USA and he moved out here when he was a child then decided to go back to Hollywood after he made the Mad Max (Road Warrior movies) he spent a good part of his life here but he is an American by birth!!!

ONly when hes pissed :shock:

Once I heard (mixing with the upper classes that day, couldn't verify whether they were truly royal though) that even I talk nicer after drinking. A few glasses of strong liquor.

Or a bottle.

Can't remember really.

O, good morning everybody, sleep was nice, I recommend it. :lol:

yes!

i see piant is awake already!!!

time to slip him a "mickey fin"

(for those too young to know "mickey fin", that means put sleeping mixture in his drink to knock him out) :wink: