Steet food - do you eat it?

khun_lung

Question

In bkk and all over Thailand you can find what I call "street food". Food that is prepared on sidewalks or from push carts. And if you've been around for awhile you've seen the pork or fish hanging in the open air, no refrigeration, and a few flies on it.

So would you/do you eat it?

I for one do! There's a lady on my soi who prepares sum tom and charcoal roasted chicken. Delicious! And yes, I've eaten the pork (moo dang) hanging in the open air with no refrigeration. NEVER have I had a problem with any of this food!

So what do you think? Do you stick with conventional restaurants or are you more adventurous and willing to try street food?

In Thailand, I've never been sick because of food and I have been eating virtually everywhere. During the more than 10 years that I am visiting Thailand now on a regular basis, I only have encountered two problems: Once it was a not well done chicken leg in a Bkk food stall and the second time a dish that was contaminated with a cleaning fluid containing ammoniac in Koh Samui. As I registered these things quickly, I stayed unharmed.

In Thailand, I've never been sick because of food and I have been eating virtually everywhere. During the more than 10 years that I am visiting Thailand now on a regular basis, I only have encountered two problems: Once it was a not well done chicken leg in a Bkk food stall and the second time a dish that was contaminated with a cleaning fluid containing ammoniac in Koh Samui. As I registered these things quickly, I stayed unharmed.

I usually get a case of the revenge the first few days coming back to Thailand. The stomach has to settle into it. After that, I've never had a food issue.

I usually get a case of the revenge the first few days coming back to Thailand. The stomach has to settle into it. After that, I've never had a food issue.

I suffered from this phenomenon during my first years of missions abroad, but luckily only the first time I got to a place. Since about ten years, the different bacteria in my intestines seem to have found a "modus vivendi" among themselves and also with newcomers....

I suffered from this phenomenon during my first years of missions abroad, but luckily only the first time I got to a place. Since about ten years, the different bacteria in my intestines seem to have found a "modus vivendi" among themselves and also with newcomers....

Thailand's not bad. India always gets me. I lose 10 lbs every trip. Whether it's 3 days or a week. I can't eat Indian breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Even if I'm well enough to eat, I would rather skip a meal.