What island is this?

sunsnow

Question

Hi,

another travel related question.

pic_samui.jpg

Now, this tiny picture is from Samui. BUT my question is:

I saw well, lets say during the last 6 months someone post a journal with almost similar beach setting:

it was island <---little piece of beach between ---> another very small island. So that it looked like that when a high tide comes in the whole beach is under water. I could almost swear it was an island not Koh Samui but something quite close to Bangkok. But what! Ppl, do you know other islands with similar little piece of heaven and subject for photography??? Start throwing in island names, pleaaase! :)

It was some female members journal, that's all I remember. And I cannot get to my mind what island it was. :)

(The thing is that this little picture starts to remind that one that I think I remember from journal, but my problem is that I am pretty sure it was not Samui, it was something I was not familiar with...and I cannot remember the girls name either whose journal it was, darn it)

13 answers to this question

Well I'll be darned! :D It WAS area around samui!

Anny's journal has pics from Koh Nang yuan view point at journal tittled "Some pic from my trip at koh samui"

Gosh, bad luck, as I have no plans yet to head that way...Well, maybe "next time" then... :) Anyway, anyone else, I recommend checkin' out some nice views from her journal...

i guess it's koh nang noan as Anny addressed on her profile pic.

ps. why don't u ask her directly?....-_-

I tried to ask of "mystery island" that was NOT anywhere near Koh Samui but resembled the island I pictured, as I had seen this mystery place on someones journal, whose name I did not know, all I remembered it was somewhere during last 6 months and it was womans journal. All this I said.

Then I found the journal, Anny's, by myself, and it ended up being near KohSamui after all. My bad memory, I just had a mental image of an island I thought was closer to BKK. I did not need to ask anything from her after I found what I needed from her journal.

Now I am interested in any experiences on the close island of Koh Sichang...:)

i guess it's koh nang noan as Anny addressed on her profile pic.

ps. why don't u ask her directly?....-_-

I tried to ask of "mystery island" that was NOT anywhere near Koh Samui but resembled the island I pictured, as I had seen this mystery place on someones journal, whose name I did not know, all I remembered it was somewhere during last 6 months and it was womans journal. All this I said.

Then I found the journal, Anny's, by myself, and it ended up being near KohSamui after all. My bad memory, I just had a mental image of an island I thought was closer to BKK. I did not need to ask anything from her after I found what I needed from her journal.

Now I am interested in any experiences on the close island of Koh Sichang...:)

Whaa good that my journal is useful and give you some information about koh nang yuan. There have a very beutiful view but hard to get on the top of the island to take the picture. I was trying very hard to walk and climb to the top but worth to get all the beautiful pic isn't it? You can pm and ask me anytime about travel in thailand cause i m working in a travel agent. :D

That's defo Koh Nang Yuan. There's a resort on it now, but it's expensive. It rarely looks like that in real life as there's a very popular reef right underneath called 'Japanese Gardens' and another one just around the corner called 'Twins' so there'susually lots of dive boats all over the place. If you head to the Northern tip of Koh Tao to the 'Zen' resort you can walk down over some decking, jump in and swim out to it, but some of it is private and is bouyed off.