Advise on Amsterdam...

CuTieGirL

Guest Tattoodude

Shoes, take really good walking shoes, you do a few miles a day for sure.

Awesome city, try and check out an ID&T party if one is on they are mad, if your into that?

The Hemp museum is a good visit even if you don't smoke, some great galleries if you like your art and if your going to get tattooed then check out Hanky Panky, awesome studio, in fact worth checking out even if your not going to get tattooed just for the artwork!

Stay up late, take loads of risks and talk to really weird people that look slightly deranged and dangerous, they usually turn out to be the coolest.

Have fun, awesome city I love it been so many times I lost count and miss it more than London.

Amsterdam is very easy to get around. I'm sure weather should be nice and cosy these days. If you like nature and wanna check some sweaty sporty men out then Vondel park is a nice place for it hehe.

The redlight district can be interesting for some people but for me once is enough. lol Make sure you go with a group of people though.

The sex museum is weird but if the weather happen to be bad then it's ok to check.

There are many museums in A'dam!

Check out some of the markets, they do have yummy fresh mixed peanuts. (My fav. called student mix) ;)

Also there are many nice places out of A'dam you might wanna see

http://www.madurodam.nl/

The minature Holland in Den haag.

and..

Kuekenhof garden in Lisse

Enjoy!

A friend mentioned that I should go to the Sensation White Party.

Honestly, I know nothing about. It looks cool. But seems like ticketa are sold out.

http://sensation.nl/sensation2007/white/index.html

thatrs cool that your going to amsterdam,how long are you going for?

i went when i was 14 with my football team,we got to see the red light district which was cool,some hot chicks in them windows :twisted:

be carefull of the pickpockets!! :cry:

Sensation white tickets are sold out after 2 hours it was opened for sale!!

I found an offer for like 120-150 euro .....freaking expensive!! BUT arent we supposed to be broke and cant afford to go there?? :lol:

Sex muesums sound interesting.....:oops:

I've already planned to go to Den Haag and Rotterdam...so cumming with me?? hehehe

Now I'm not sure if I should listen to Charisma_man or Slippy.

What's in the Cookie and the Cake anyway?

Maybe I should bring my own food. Seems like Amsterdam has only poisonous ones.

listen to Charisma_man ... u gotta try the cookies. i've never been to amsterdam but a dutch friend in sri lanka made some cookies for a party one night ... great stuff !!!

Amsterdam is a great place with a whole lot of things to do...Its up to you!

There is alot to see if your into culture/art. Shopping can be great but dont exptect to see "great deals": Thailand is alot cheaper. I'm sure there are lots of parties going on when you are there...but cant comment more as I'm not really up to date on that.

Amsterdam is a young and very multi cultural city: you will find people from accross the globe who live there/or just for holliday. There are plenty of restaurants from different countries(also from Thailand); but expect to pay alot more than Thailand. A main course could be between 500 and 1000 bath.. all depending on the restaurant.

As it is part of Holland you should notice that people are very liberal: its not strange to see guys kissing guys, girls kissing girls on the street. Nobody cares much about that; here you can truely be who you want to be without people making comments about that.

With respect to Smoking and eating Cakes: yes in Holland your allowed to smoke soft drugs and eat "space cakes". This seems to have an attracting effect on young people who go there for Holliday (US, UK, Italian, Spanish). When you to the "Leidseplein" a major are in A'dam you will see plenty of those people smoking there lungs away!

If you let me know how long you go and what you like to see I will be able to give you more detailed advice.

Enjoy!

PS: when you arrive in Holland it is possible that there is an increased security check by immigration. Directly after you get off the airplane immigration officers would ask you what you are going to do in Holland, where you are staying etc. Als increases checks for drugs are possible.

Just as long as you act normal, your papers are ok and smile a bit, the immigration officers will be friendly and all will ok.

My wife had to travel a couple of times through Amsterdam on her way to and from the Caribbean/BKK. She noted some Thai guys who got into problems because they did not speak English and could not explain what they were doing.

don't eat the cookies! ..and be careful with the cake too :shock:

...Too right!!

...Stay away from the 'cookies' and the 'cakes', you could find yourself in all sorts of trouble in a city that has a nice outside reputation,

...... but if you stroll around the wrong places on a 'magical mystery tour', then you'll be having a rude awakening come 'home time'.

...What you want to do is Amsterdam's most famous health food, the 'raw' fungus salads,

Try some Psylocibin and 'check out'...(of) Amesterdam....You haven't been to 'the Dam' unless you've gone organic with the old 'Philosophers Stones'....

.......Obviously there are closer places to home where you can visit the 'Neverlands' on mushrooms..........but if you look at the tourist pulls of Thailand and Amsterdam, then you'd better be bringing a camera to try something different, like a tram ride...............can't think of anything else............oh the museums..........have to visit the museums!!!

....and the Heineken brewery.......................

...The only 'weather' you should be worried about when visitiing Amsterdam is....

"whether I should try as many of the city's delights or not"

"When in Rome" and all that............it's the perfect opportunity

Here's my itinery...

....1.Imagine being in a city that has bred culture and art for as long as anyone.........producing geniuses like Rembrandt...Steen..Van Gogh

..and Cruff

2. Then take the mushrooms

3. Wake up and smell the coffee

4. Realise that we are all one and that this life is a journey which

we have the opportunity to take, and that it's just a ride.

5. Be grateful and appreciate everything, then go home

..I also have itineries for other major capital cities if anybody's interested/

Now I'm not sure if I should listen to Charisma_man or Slippy.

What's in the Cookie and the Cake anyway?

Maybe I should bring my own food. Seems like Amsterdam has only poisonous ones.

listen to Charisma_man ... u gotta try the cookies. i've never been to amsterdam but a dutch friend in sri lanka made some cookies for a party one night ... great stuff !!!

Hehe,

long time ago a friend´s grandma joined his party and tried some cookies.One was not enough. So she felt quite odd afterwards. Take care.

I lived in Holland some time (30 yrs) and can tell U that the drugs cakes (space cakes and Joints) are freely available but only in certain areas

you WILL not get any off this in the restaurants and food stalls

Things 2 do?

MUSEUMS, rijks, van gochm and some good others

visit a diamond cuttery (buy me a few please)

architecture

visit other cities nearby such as den haag, leiden, delft, rotterdam

have fun !