Islam

valetudo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vast majority of muslims are law abiding people it's the extremist's who are giving islam a bad name!!!!

Yeah like the law abiding Muslim doctors caring for the sick and elderly in Scotlands hospitals.....Yesss dont ya just love the Uk governments equal opportunity immigration policies!!!

hmmm show me "hate" by the western world to islam.

Remember "hate" is a strong word......

Yes the western world have made mistakes but those mistakes have come through "greed" not "hate".

Please enlighten me on "hate" towards islam, I bet you can't point me in the direction of any well known examples outlining this "hate"

Remember "hate" is a strong word......

Yes the western world have made mistakes but those mistakes have come through "greed" not "hate".

Please enlighten me on "hate" towards islam, I bet you can't point me in the direction of any well known examples outlining this "hate"

Naive to say the least!

ok i'm naive, but you haven't given me an example.

the west (generic) hates islam because islam (generic) hates the west.

You were basing your argument on the fact that Islam hates the west but errrr the west dont hate islam coz ehhmmm any 'mistakes' the west has made was based on errr greed...

I think u watch too much Cnn and Sky

ok i'm naive, but you haven't given me an example.

the west (generic) hates islam because islam (generic) hates the west.

You were basing your argument on the fact that Islam hates the west but errrr the west dont hate islam coz ehhmmm any 'mistakes' the west has made was based on errr greed...

I think u watch too much Cnn and Sky

Hmm the west invaded iraq because they hate islam (or was it oil).

Edit - I'm only trying to answer the OP's question.

Islam creates it's own hate.

Over 38,000 people participated in a global survey conducted by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press. The survey included the following question, posed only to Muslims:

'Some people think that suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets are justified in order to defend Islam against its enemies. Other people believe that, no matter what the reason, this kind of violence is never justified. Do you personally feel that this kind of violence is justified to defend Islam?

Suicide Bombing in Defense of Islam

Is it ever Justifiable?

yes No D/K

Lebanon 82 12 6

Ivory Coast 73 27 0

Nigeria 66 26 8

Jordan 65 26 8

Bangladesh 58 23 19

Mali 54 35 11

Senegal 47 50 3

Ghana 44 43 12

Indonesia 43 54 3

Pakistan 38 38 23

u never heard of column 18 or the BNP ???

never heard of Ann Coulter, George W or watched FOX ???

u didn't know about the invasion of Iraq ??

or how the west treats Palestine after their democratic elections ???

Why is everyone hating on Islam??

Don't know whether everyone hates Islam.

Fairly or unfairly, the media in my country has portrayed Islamic culture as a violent culture.

This is because we often see and hear news stories of gang violence and rapes perpetrated by people of Islamic background - in particular people from Lebanon.

Moreover, we see on the news the Mufti of Australia (now former) describing Australian women disparagingly as "uncovered meat" suggesting in some ways, they invite rape.

Rightly or wrongly, this is what is grabbing headlines and it is influencing the attitude of Australian towards muslim.

From my limited personal experience, I would say some muslims are bad and some are good - not unlike people from the rest of the world.

Any way, that's just my opinion.

I quite respect them as there are many rules to be a good Islamic. It's pretty hard.

But there are some ppl who do such terrible things and claim that they do it on religion (islam) purpose (should those classed as Islamic?). I think that's what people hate and its becoz some Islamic doing that, no one care which islamic but Islam. And to make other feel something about you, obviously its how you act... and in my term you mean "you Islamic" and another reason is what MEDIA telling the world.

Try to understand what I tried to say.. It's sensitive issue yes and I somehow love to talk about religion and politic but due to limit of my english skill its possibly to make other misunderstood.

The BNP hate anybody who is not white, not just muslims.

The invasion of Iraq was not about hate towards Islam, it was about removing Saddam and oil. This war has just increased the hate towards the West by muslims.

Do you know the charter of HAMAS? They refuse to recognise Israel and want to wipe it from the face of the earth, they are a terrorist regime and kill for fun.

For the record i think we should pull our troops out of Iraq asap and have no problem with Muslims, it's the extremists that are the problem.

The invasion of Iraq was not about hate towards Islam, it was about removing Saddam and oil. This war has just increased the hate towards the West by muslims.

Do you know the charter of HAMAS? They refuse to recognise Israel and want to wipe it from the face of the earth, they are a terrorist regime and kill for fun.

For the record i think we should pull our troops out of Iraq asap and have no problem with Muslims, it's the extremists that are the problem.

so r u trying to say the BNP don't preach hatred towards muslims ?? check out some of their recent court cases !! u never hear the term "pakii bashing" ??

again check out some of the crap spouted before the invasion .... some of the guys were actually calling it a crusade ... u think Bush, Cheney and the rest of those neo con psychos don't hate muslims !!! give me a f**king break !!

and israel kills roughly 3 or 4 more times palestinians than r killed by hamas, fatah and all the other groups added together. they seem to do a pretty good job of "killing for fun".

do u know the history of that region ... many of the israeli leaders in the past had been wanted "terrorists" !!! nelson mandela was a "terrorist", in fact he was instrumental in the setting up of the armed wing of the ANC !! one person's terrorist is very often another's freedom fighter !!!

i personally don't have a problem with christians ... it's the extremists who r the problem !!!

so r u trying to say the BNP don't preach hatred towards muslims ?? check out some of their recent court cases !! u never hear the term "pakii bashing" ??

again check out some of the crap spouted before the invasion .... some of the guys were actually calling it a crusade ... u think Bush, Cheney and the rest of those neo con psychos don't hate muslims !!! give me a f**king break !!

and israel kills roughly 3 or 4 more times palestinians than r killed by hamas, fatah and all the other groups added together. they seem to do a pretty good job of "killing for fun".

do u know the history of that region ... many of the israeli leaders in the past had been wanted "terrorists" !!! nelson mandela was a "terrorist", in fact he was instrumental in the setting up of the armed wing of the ANC !! one person's terrorist is very often another's freedom fighter !!!

i personally don't have a problem with christians ... it's the extremists who r the problem !!!

No if you read my post again I agree that the BNP hate muslims but they are a bunch of racist pricks and hate any non-whites not just muslims and for this reason they can't be used as an example of hate towards islam in this discussion.

Palestine is a **** up, fighting amongst themselves, if they want respect and to be recognised as a proper government then they need to get their own house in order first.

Sure Islam probably isn't Bush's favourite religion but again do you honestly think the invasion of Iraq would have happened if there was no oil there? Look at Zimbabwe, same type of regime but no oil hence no invasion.

Agreed, Israel isn't innocent at all, not even close to it, but it is a Jewish state surrounded by Arab countries and have suffered countless suicide bomb and rocket attacks, do you think they should just sit there and take it with no response? Believe me if they did not have the USA on side then they would be overrun in no time and HAMAS would have their wish.

I consider myself an Atheist, i have no time for religion in any form, but i look on at the situation in the middle east with interest. I think we are trying to argue the same points here Ciaran but if there is any hate towards Islam it is generated by hate towards the west and vice versa.