do you have the same religion/beliefs as your spouse.?

BrownSugar

I had religion forced on me and a few things did not seem to make sense so I decided to make my own choice. It would have been nice as a child to know more about other religions and teachings.

It's good to let children know their is more than just their own religion a bit more understanding of other peoples beliefs and cultures would help people get along a lot better.

for me it doesn't matter at all because im not member of any religion , but should repect the others decission and for the kids i think the love from the parents is a lot more important then the religion , but then again who am i to say that :lol:

you are kennyke and I agree with you ...............

for me it doesn't matter at all because im not member of any religion , but should repect the others decission and for the kids i think the love from the parents is a lot more important then the religion , but then again who am i to say that :lol:

you are kennyke and I agree with you ...............

lets have some beers together eagle , shall we? :wink:

My parents are Christians of one sort or another and as we travelled a lot they always taught my brother and I to adopt a tollerance for all peoples and beliefs. My ex-wife is Hindu/Buddhist (yep - odd), and Grezzzy of course is Buddhist, and my own preference would be for that too now.

My kids went to a Baptist pre-school, then a Catholic/Buddhist primary school, and I think the one they are now attending in Australia is a non-denominational state school.

The mix did them no harm, but actually exposed them to several different views, and I think it will allow them to make a choice in the future - they have been in Christian school environments and a Buddhist and Hindu home environment, so although they have no direct experience of Islam, I think they have enough of a selection from which to choose - if they decide on a religious base for their lives.

If they come home to Thailand to live with Grezzzy and I, I am sure she will continue the Buddhist style of life for them too. The great thing is that they get along with her well, and respect her, thanks to God, Allah, the Lord Buddha, or who-ever you believe in as a supreme being - if you believe in one of course... ;)

Greer

My parents are Christians of one sort or another and as we travelled a lot they always taught my brother and I to adopt a tollerance for all peoples and beliefs. My ex-wife is Hindu/Buddhist (yep - odd), and Grezzzy of course is Buddhist, and my own preference would be for that too now.

My kids went to a Baptist pre-school, then a Catholic/Buddhist primary school, and I think the one they are now attending in Australia is a non-denominational state school.

The mix did them no harm, but actually exposed them to several different views, and I think it will allow them to make a choice in the future - they have been in Christian school environments and a Buddhist and Hindu home environment, so although they have no direct experience of Islam, I think they have enough of a selection from which to choose - if they decide on a religious base for their lives.

If they come home to Thailand to live with Grezzzy and I, I am sure she will continue the Buddhist style of life for them too. The great thing is that they get along with her well, and respect her, thanks to God, Allah, the Lord Buddha, or who-ever you believe in as a supreme being - if you believe in one of course... ;)

Greer

great post ... i like it !!!!

it's a pity all parents weren't as flexible when it comes to their kid's faith/beliefs !!