MONEY DEPOSIT ON RENTAL PROPERTY IN BKK

pierrelasvegas

It's all part of "Amazing Thailand " mate, you never can tell.

I have heard of people getting their deposit back , but then i have heard of one person who never missed a rent payment, never caused any damage and was told to take the landlord to claim's court to get his B10,000 depost back.

Which do you think is more likely?

A. The landlord put your deposit in an interest bearing account to hold the money for the time at which you either checked out, or it needed to be applied towards legitimate damages.

B. The landlord spent the money as soon as he received it, and now you're asking him to somehow find the amount of your deposit in his checking/savings account, an amount that he probably won't have until the end of the month payday. Furthermore, payday probably already has some intended purchases, none of which are you.

:)

I?ve always had my deposit returned but no matter how well you clean your apartment when you leave, you are likely to have a couple of thousand baht deducted from your deposit for ?cleaning costs?, picture hook holes in the wall, stained carpets etc.

Fair wear and tear might be in your lease but it doesn?t seem to mean anything

My experience has been the same in other countries and not peculiar to Thailand

Or maybe my cleaning skills are not as good as I think :roll:

If you?re staying long term, be careful if your landlord sells the apartment.

Make sure the new owner knows how much deposit you paid and takes on the responsibility to refund it when you leave

I've always got mine back, quite surprisingly really considering the trouble I've caused in the past :roll:

They always take a few hundred baht for 'cleaning' and admin fees...

for a second there i thought this was the 'when did you lose your virginity' thread... in which case, 'cleaning' and admin fees evoke a mental picture too horrible to contemplate.