Do you eat a lot when you are stressful?

chonmanee

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yes.Stress or emotional eating, to me, is impulse eating. Impulse because one does not think before diving into the food of choice. This type of eating is almost done unconsciously, usually ending in remorse or more unhealthy food choices.â€

Edited by mayya

yes.Stress or emotional eating, to me, is impulse eating. Impulse because one does not think before diving into the food of choice. This type of eating is almost done unconsciously, usually ending in remorse or more unhealthy food choices.”

I choose what I eat, and plan for it consciously down to how much soy sauce I use. Then I eat it all.

Then I pat myself on the belly for a plan well done.

Guest Koldfuzion83

I used to eat more when I was stressed. I've had to work on keeping it under control, though, as I don't have a very fast metabolism and I put weight on so easily. It's a very natural thing to want to do when we are feeling anxious or sad, though. I think the reason we crave food during these times is: One, that eating is one of the most pleasurable things we can do, so it is a psychological comfort to us and it makes us feel safe not to mention the fact that eating a big meal will naturally make us tired (relaxed) and so will calm your nerves; and two, in the same way your body produces more adrenaline when you are in a stressful situation (fight or flight response) to help give you an energy burst and an increased mental alertness to deal with the thing that is causing you stress, the body might also trigger hunger so you can gather extra energy that you might need to deal with what is stressing you out. Anxiety can cause excess stomach acid to build up and vitamins to be depleted in the body which can also make you feel hungry.

• 2 months later...

It is depends on nature to nature or body to body.Mostly people eats lot's while they are in depression.But i forget to eat while depression i mostly time spend alone without eat or drink something.On the other hand i manage depression through my exercise,which divert my mind from depression to exercise and feel calmness internally.

fitness Des Moines

Edited by renaldo

• 5 months later...