simpson's movie

stegee

I liked the movie but I did find it somehow kind of disappointing, I dont know why. I think Homer captures it best when in the opening scene, the Simpsons family itself is sitting in a cinema and he says 'I cant believe we're paying to see what we can see on TV for free.'

I guess I expected more from the movie than a 90 minute Bart Simpsons episode as great as that is. Still if Homer can sum up what I find disappointing in a movie in one sentence who I am to complain....

I liked the movie but I did find it somehow kind of disappointing, I dont know why. I think Homer captures it best when in the opening scene, the Simpsons family itself is sitting in a cinema and he says 'I cant believe we're paying to see what we can see on TV for free.'

I guess I expected more from the movie than a 90 minute Bart Simpsons episode as great as that is. Still if Homer can sum up what I find disappointing in a movie in one sentence who I am to complain....

With that sentance my gig said... "Go home honey, he looked down us" .... hmmm :twisted:

I guess I expected more from the movie than a 90 minute Bart Simpsons episode as great as that is. quote]

what did you expect?? it is a 90 minute episode of the simpson's!! what else would they do?? produce a 90 minute satirical pastiche of american reactionism through a puppet president??

it's a cartoon!! with a knob gag!!

what did you expect?? it is a 90 minute episode of the simpson's!! what else would they do?? produce a 90 minute satirical pastiche of american reactionism through a puppet president??

Look at the south park film...they didn't just make it 3 episodes of South Park...they went big on premise and plot , build mood/suspense etc....it didn't feel like a string of gags zipped together in a flimsy plot , like the simpsons movie did..

sorry...I still enjoy the simpsons , but the movie was crap .

Look at the south park film...they didn't just make it 3 episodes of South Park...they went big on premise and plot , build mood/suspense etc....it didn't feel like a string of gags zipped together in a flimsy plot , like the simpsons movie did..

sorry...I still enjoy the simpsons , but the movie was crap .

same same but swap 'south park' and 'simpson's'

same same but swap 'south park' and 'simpson's'

Actually , you've missed the train . South Park used to be a show based around a bit of flimsy "shock" gags...now days it's comedy is situational , poignant , satirical and intelligent . I wouldn't say the same about the Simpsons movie in even the slightest sense .

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

....It was an awful film.....

......yes, the spider pig thing was funny......but I'd seen it on the trailer so many times that it wasn't funny......

....This is an old post andthe reason i am writing this is to get it off my chest...

...I was waiting for everyone in the cinema to revolt......

......How could they hype a film so much and then produce that...???

.....Years in the making.......nations of millions wide eyed and expectant...

.........It was like waking up on xmas morning and finding a poo in your stocking....

......yes, the spider pig thing was funny......but I'd seen it on the trailer so many times that it wasn't funny......

....This is an old post andthe reason i am writing this is to get it off my chest...

.........It was like waking up on xmas morning and finding a poo in your stocking....

what were you expecting?? apocalypse now??

it was the simpson's movie- a movie about the simpson's!!

what were you expecting?? apocalypse now??

it was the simpson's movie- a movie about the simpson's!!

....I certainly wasn't expecting Apocalypse Now, that would be misleading...

.....I was just expecting something that would make me laugh, at least once...

......the motorbike 'circle of death' thing was funny though, now I think of it..

....I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that it was a little bit stinky....

.......tripe stinky.....not sock stinky