Angels

cs3602001

Now, when Angels are mentioned, most people conjure up pictures of Holy Winged Beings, who love, care and protect.

Well, let's get it right, Angels absolutely KICK ASS, they were mainly employed to carry out Gods Will/Wrath.

That night the angel of the Lord went forth and struck down one hundred and eighty five thousand men in the Assyrian camp.  Early the next morning, there they were, all the corpuses of the dead.  (2 Kings 19:35 NAB)

------------------------

My angel will go before you and bring you to the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites, and Jebusites; and I will wipe them out.  (Exodus 23:23 NAB)

------------------------

Then there is the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, I supose God had more of a hand in this though. Basically 2 angels (appearing in human form) went to Sodom and Gomorrah to tell one of the guys there that God was displeased with certain goings on, during this time some of the male villagers went to the guys house and wanted to rape the angels (bum them), as you can imagione God was not pleased about this and wiped the whole place out.

------------------------

Come back Angels!!!!!!

:D

There is actually a whole Angel Hierarchy with assigned duties etc, it gets quite complicated, not to mention the many ways Angels appeared, but as I understand Angels do not take form, they are spiritual beings who from time to time took on the form of a range of interesting creatures to do their work.