Thai massage

bobbyboy112003

Question

I went to a Thai lady who does traditional Thai massage and I must say it was great. She helped me to understand some pronunciations and corrected my Thai words. I have to say that her accent was fantastic! Now that I have heard a Thai accent, it's one of my favorites! And, for a small woman, she was strong as h*ll. Well worth the time.

bobby

Yeah I was being facetious ;)

Real traditional Thai massage is great!

Wat Po has a massage school where anyone can learn, at least, if you speak Thai. The basic massage course is something like 4000 baht. You can also go there for a good massage given by the students at very reasonable prices.

But better than Wat Po is the massage at St. Louis Hospital. You can just show up but better to book ahead. The masseuses are trained at Wat Po but then also receive extra physiotherapy training. It's 200 baht per hour as I remember, which is cheaper actually than Wat Po. They can work on particular parts of your body if you need massage for therapeutic reasons, or they can give you an overall massage.

--Ling

Ling,

She had said that she learned at a temple, but I don't know which one. When I go to Bangkok, she will refer me to a couple of places--I can't wait!

Kitty,

It's a dangerous thing to have the same thoughts as Ling, ha ha ha! You are really nice and can say anything you choose to me.

AsnLvr,

Being a military man, I'm sure you know what "the special" is.

Hi All

You all here are thalung na .If you went to an original Thai Massage , you know that you won't get any special , or did you hope? :P

@ Bobby

You told that she massaged you very strong thats good, you know....

when we massage someone , it's really tired , need to use really much power which you can't imagine or understand , till you learn how to massage. And complete massage take about 1.5 - 2 hours.

How do I know that ? ;)

schlaumeier.gifhumm.......just I also have certificate of Wat Pho Thai Massage

i chronically have my right shoulder pain. it got serious last december so i went to see a chiropractor and had 3 sessions of chiropractic therapy and some massage. during the treatment the chiropractor said...you know, jane...what will really make you live without this pain is thai massage.

mannnnnnnnn..i am so proud of my ancients

;D

Kitty,

Thank you for the offer, it proves my point about you being nice! I will probably post the hotel that i'll be staying at and hope to meet some of the cool people i've met here (I will be a fish out of water and could use some guidence).

babybarbiebangkok,

Yeah, I agree, it takes alot of strength. I give alot of credit to the woman Pilai because she is small and probably had to work hard, but she was awesome!

Azn,

Yes, that kind of massage!

Atomic,

You should be proud for sure!

Thank you ThaiNymph for that info. As I really don't have any major plans on the things to do list (although Atomic gave me some great stuff-thank you), I plan on getting alot of massages. Maybe to start my day and maybe to end my day, maybe both? Seeings how I don't know where the place is that your talking about ThaiNymph, if Kitty would show me where the place is, then i'd be happy to treat her to a session. Thanks again for the info.

bobby

Maybe we all can go together. :P

I love massage too, the traditional one but recently i started to go for oil massage, in Soi Saladaeng, which is more relaxing but again i still miss the thai massage. Nothing could compare thai massage. I can guarantee you that.

I also love the foot massage, i once had flu but after the foot massage the flu was gone. It was totally amazing how it can cure the flu. Never believe it till i see it myself. :o

thai massage in Wat Pho is the best massage that i have ever try before. 300baht per hr but well worth the $. The place is always fully book by Jap tourist but now they have a new place just outside Wat Pho which the staff will bring you there if the one at Wat Pho is too pack. Same price 300 baht but with air!! Da best! sure beat those at Kao san

Cheers

fleaz

Thai Massage....what can I say....have I had...yes

Did I enjoy? Most enjoyed experence in long time...I actually live next to parlor and what great way to end intense day( I invite all you ladies to join at my place later for hottub and wine...lol

Special...you deside...lol

Koy