Hi-so Thai woman's bar girl rant.

Simmo_V2.0

Just posted.

I always find it interesting how the hi-so Thais deal with this issue. My ex was way hi-so, and she went on and on about how everybody was equal and that the bar girls were just doing their thing, yadda yadda yadda. Then one night we all met at a restaurant / bar called "Bus Stop" on Nana for dinner before heading out and my ex made quite a loud point (in Thai) of proclaiming she was not a bar girl and so on. Even then I could understand what she was saying and doing -- it was so obvious. "OK sweetie, we all know you don't work here...so can we just order now?"

That blog was almost certainly exaggerated to make her point (or perhaps invented in order to rant her opinion), but it got some great commentary.

where *are* the comments?

i didnt see any comments. obviously her post is a rant she even says so but as rants go, i see her point. i too see the fatasses parading their bargirls around like they've made themselves quite a catch. i'm not convinced her blog was all that exaggerated. i think i saw the fat man and his squeeze at emporium.

in my experience girls i hang out with don't have to have a parade to announce they're not bargirls, but then i'm not as sleazy looking as innamorato. in fact when i'm seen in public with him, *i* loudly proclaim that *i* am not a bargirl...

Click on "32 have spoken" at the bottom of the rant to see the comments.

She claims that the "ho's" could be getting decent jobs. True if by decent job u mean cleaning toilets for 3000 baht a month. And even then there are not enough of those 'decent' jobs for all the poor Isaan girls in BKK. The problem is with the emphasis on economic growth under Emporer Thaksin. If Thailand actually followed the King's sufficiency ideas then there would be a chance for raising Thailand's economy from the bottom where it's needed instead of the top where the Kitty Hi Ho's live.

That really is the incredibly weak link her rant.

Sure, be happy earning 5,000 baht month. Even if they had a job for 10,000 baht a month, think how hard it is to get along on that kind of money.

I'm not saying it justifies anyone's choice as to what they do with their lives, but it's so easy for these hi-so types to say let them eat cake.

While they contribute little or nothing to creating better opportunities for others in society - to building a stronger society.

Hey, I got mine, right?

That feeling toward that girl has always happen to most of thai women facing the situation like this.

I used to sit in the same dinner table of ex-bar lady at the 'upper-level' restaurant on Sukhumvit. Seemed she was not enjoyed foods infront of her much as she was busied to find out which bar i came from.. :roll: :lol: I didnt do anything insulting her. We were both working girls just a BIT diffirent carreer path.. :)

Her English rocks. I'm impressed.

I can't stand seeing those large, sweaty, fat old farang-young Thai woman couples just because as soon as they enter my eyesight I start to imagine them having sex....

...please... make it stop....

However, I can't actually see what's so terribly terrible about it, if both have made the choice themselves to enter the bargain. Each one is using the other. It may not be pretty (visually, or by comparison with a "nice life") but those of us who lead "nice lives" usually take part in something ugly too, perhaps implicitly or unconsciously.

And since life is full of nastiness, you might as well soothe the pain by being as often as you can inside a pretty girl, right?

--Ling

Hey, what's with this ad up top?

"Absolute7Bar. The Preferred Party Bar for Thailandfriends.com"

I mean, speaking of hos, won't they be flocking to Absolute7Bar in record numbers now????

--Ling

Like they weren't already?

You have a good point though, why do payed up members need to see an ad? It makes siging in on a phone a drag, having to wait for the ad to download over GPRS.

I cant really be bothered to read another rant about hookers but I do understand the reasons for it.

First of all, hookers have literally taken over a number of the best bars in town like Q Bar (lets not even mention Gallee-yerrs). They used to hide in the corners and tout for business - they now literally own the place.

Secondly, it is fine to say that most Thai girls dont need to show they arent a hooker. And yet there are always some ignorant farang tourists who are intent on treating ANY Thai girl as a hooker. I have no idea whether they are just incredibly rude or unbelievably ignorant.

If you want to party in a hooker freezone, you have a reasonable choice in Bangkok but in a place like Phuket your options are decidely limited (and dont even think of stepping foot in Pattaya.)

Secondly, it is fine to say that most Thai girls dont need to show they arent a hooker. And yet there are always some ignorant farang tourists who are intent on treating ANY Thai girl as a hooker. I have no idea whether they are just incredibly rude or unbelievably ignorant.

or possibly both !!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It's a win-win situation really ... The guy probably wouldn't be able to find a girlfriend/wife in his own country . And the woman obviously wouldn't be with him if it wasn't because of his money .

I was in BKK in and out with my ex for a few months when we were doing our SouthEastAsia trip together . I had no problem dealing with what people may think that the fact that I'm with a white person is because I'm a prositude at all .

It's all about how you representing yourself ..

The fact that they could out shopping me doesn't bother me as deep down I don't think that they are really happy about their life ... If I was her I'd just ignore the whole thing .. There is no point of getting upset about it . .. ...

......And by the way Qbar wasn't taken over by hookers... It was taken over by farang hookerlovers.

Demand and supply my friends.

S

I disagree with that. Q-Bar was an ok place to meet people, sure there were always some hookers but you could usually meet some ok people there. The hookers pretend to mingle in with the good girls in the hope of getting taken home at which point they start the conversation about price. It's a gamble for them but apparently pays off. Now of course it's pretty much impossible to find a girl who isn't a hooker there, and thats largely a result of it being free for girls now.

there is no way that was written by a thai woman. unless she was speaking english before the age of 10. which is possible, but...

no. that was written by a farang. Hos? and the other native speaker word choice gives it away. seems to me it was written by a righteous foreigner - possibly female but not necessarily.