Hi-so Thai woman's bar girl rant.

Simmo_V2.0

there is no way that was written by a thai woman. unless she was speaking english before the age of 10. which is possible, but...

no. that was written by a farang. Hos? and the other native speaker word choice gives it away. seems to me it was written by a righteous foreigner - possibly female but not necessarily.

I agree. The slang she uses makes me very suspicious.

Another example of how these people expose their stupidity, ignorance, arrogance, tunnel-vision, one-dimensional thinking to the public (even though they may be super (ABAC) educated - which unfortunately means nothing) and the best thing is they do this with an amazing innocence.

that was as vague as it was self-righteous. the only specific thing you said was a mention to one university...

there is no way that was written by a thai woman. unless she was speaking english before the age of 10. which is possible, but...

no. that was written by a farang. Hos? and the other native speaker word choice gives it away. seems to me it was written by a righteous foreigner - possibly female but not necessarily.

i see your point, in that the odds are fairly long, but....

believe it or not, there are real live thais running around this town who graduated from ivy league schools. :shock:. maybe you don't run around in those circles but they exist. just sayin'.

i'm a bit curious..

from a farang's perception, what's hi-so??

High society ???

Which in my opinion isnt related to class . I mean class in a quality sense .

Eg , Paris Hilton and Victoria Beckham are hi-so , but dont have any class .

You cant buy class , you either have it or you dont .

To me , I think of hi-so as being people that are extremely concerned about being in the media spotlight and want to give everyone the impression that they are wealthy .

Basically I think of the word hi-so along side the word " fake " .

But thats just my impression .

after enjoy reading her blog a lot, me think she is real.

i don't know if she is hi-so or not, but her father's cousin is a son of minister. = the rotten ginger gangter = (read the wedding topic)

Well, i think hi-so is a term for lay man who is on top of pyramid.

Hi- so consists of various groups:

1. royal hi-so = great grand children of previous king, e.g, khun ying spider, Hugo, mom Pleum....(but their ranks are not high enough to be classed as blue or yellow blood)

2. tycoon = Owner of C.P., Thaksin family.

3. aristocrat surname = like Punnakan, Boonnak, Chumsai na ayudthaya

hi-so don't have to be celebs (though some are)

But not all thai hi-so looks down on prostitution. Recently, Dr.Parichart Chumsai na ayudthaya (a 50 year- old widow) was up on newspaper, complaining about her ex-gig: I gave him loads of money, plus credit card, but why he was disroyal to me still?

hi so

includes people with titles:

royal lineage

Mom Chao

Mom Rajawong

Mom Luang

people with enough money and means to socialize in these circles.

yes they are often educated abroad -boarding schools in England, and if they cant afford it then USA.

people with these means who have not been educated abroad are a smaller subsegment.

I work with some hi so people, know some Mom Rajawong and Mom Luang titles and have gone to grad school in usa with about 50 others.

i just think the blog seems to be written by a westerner, prob not a Thai. Very few Thais would 'make a statement' with righteousness. and by contrast, very many foreigners - particularly american conservatives, missionaries or christian conservatives would write s thing like this. another likely would be western woman living here working for NGO on womans issues.

Don't want ads? Mozilla Firefox Browser, then get add-on: "ad block plus" by Wladimir Palant then right click offending ad and click "block" never see ad again or wait 4 D/L

Hey, what's with this ad up top?

"Absolute7Bar. The Preferred Party Bar for Thailandfriends.com"

I mean, speaking of hos, won't they be flocking to Absolute7Bar in record numbers now????

--Ling

Like they weren't already?

You have a good point though, why do payed up members need to see an ad? It makes siging in on a phone a drag, having to wait for the ad to download over GPRS.

I imagine duanja's reference to "yellow blood" means a direct family descendant of His Majesty The King...rather than grandchildren etc....just a guess..

I think that trying to equate the so-called "hi-so" status with those educated overseas is incredibly snobbish. I have met many Thais who went to university overseas in UK, Australia, and USA, and most are well adjusted "normal" people who's educational background serves them in their careers more so than in their social grouping.

I feel that to group people as members of the "high society" simply because they attended an overseas school is naive to say the least, and downright foolish at worst.

Have a look through the educational background of some of the worlds leaders in business, political and social circles, and see how wrong ths assumption really is.

It is also very racist to assume that Thais cannot read or write correct English. I really hope that anyone who posts here on a forum for friends of Thailand and Thai people, does not think in such a way.

I have a very good friend called Tony (not his Thai name, obviously) who was educated at a very well known and respected school in England; of course he speaks, reads and writes in PERFECT English... is he "hi-so" ?...actually no...he is just a nice guy and a good friend.

I read the original post by the strange and obviously disturbed female who was so offended by a "bar girl" shopping in Emporium, and all it did was to reconfirm my belief that many hi-so types are really not "Thai"...they are just "Selfish"...happily though, it is not all...so there is hope...

If you start making excuses for poor girls working as prostitutes then perhaps you should equally do so for drug dealers, rapists and murderers because most people who commited crimes in Thailand I'm sure were born poor or in bad environment and because they were born male they have less chance of becoming ho's which is the acceptable way out of poorness somehow? If you keep feeling sorry for them and say it's alright then what is that going to do to the society? Hookers themselves don't do much harm but think about the business behind them all those big mafias who are above the law..they can shoot these girls for fun if they'd like and nothing is gonna happen to them. I'm not against prostitution in anyway if only we deal with them properly legalise them or whatever..

On the other hand, imagine being an average honest hard-working thai person being continually accused of being a hooker? Seriously how would you feel if someone for whatever stupid reasons think you're a ho? maybe treat you like one too? Yeah you'd say who cares the first few times but what about the tenth time? I understand the girl's anger and she has every right to rant. And I'm angry yes not for me but for those who chose to work honest jobs for 5,000 a month and pay tax while those girls make 50,000 and do not pay nothing..and be sympathized more by you guys too

i see your point, in that the odds are fairly long, but....

believe it or not, there are real live thais running around this town who graduated from ivy league schools. :shock:. maybe you don't run around in those circles but they exist. just sayin'.

ivy league schools can be bought into given enough cash

case in point: george w. bush.

these schools also like thais for the single fact that they add diversity, color to the mix,

there's no guarantee their english is off native level unless other conditions are satisfied

i''m not guessing here, i've attended a top 10 institute with serious minimum TOEFLs, third language requirements and astronomic GMAT averages and i have seen asians there

can't speak for other schools and other departments but admission to columbia film school is based on writing samples, and this skews the mix toward language schools. i only know one thai who went there but her english is better than 99 percent of the so-called native speakers on TF. not sayin' ivy league thai girls *all* are that good of course...

just that if one suspects the alleged hi-so chick writes too clearly in english to be a thai girl, she writes too clearly, on average, to be a farrang as well...

i just think the blog seems to be written by a westerner, prob not a Thai. Very few Thais would 'make a statement' with righteousness.

THAT is more suspect i'd agree. her blog is kinda confrontational. that said, i've known (and dated) some rather blunt, even confrontational, thai girls.

and by contrast, very many foreigners - particularly american conservatives, missionaries or christian conservatives would write s thing like this. another likely would be western woman living here working for NGO on womans issues.

she writes too much like a hipster to be a conservative missionary, but NGO type is very plausible. NGO type doesn't rule out her being thai though.

one thing that makes me suspect she might actually be thai is that she places the blame on the prostitutes more than on the johns, which is something NGO types don't generally do (and all my farrang chick friends who've visited from the US are NGO types). it's plausible that she's a farrang though. but i still think there's a decent chance she might actually be thai.

I think that trying to equate the so-called "hi-so" status with those educated overseas is incredibly snobbish.

i don't think anyone was doing that. speaking for myself, i was equating english skills with an ivy league education--if you don't have a modicum of english skills you won't be able to get in, full stop.

It is also very racist to assume that Thais cannot read or write correct English. I really hope that anyone who posts here on a forum for friends of Thailand and Thai people, does not think in such a way.

agree. i don't think too many people were making that assumption though, at least nobody that i read on this thread.

I read the original post by the strange and obviously disturbed female who was so offended by a "bar girl" shopping in Emporium, and all it did was to reconfirm my belief that many hi-so types are really not "Thai"...they are just "Selfish"...happily though, it is not all...so there is hope...

yeah it reads 'spoilt brat' more than 'NGO farrang chick' IMO. which makes me lean toward believing she's thai.

I think most of thai decent women feel irritated by "bar girl"'s behavior in public. I am the one of them and i m not a 'hi-so'. I dont understand why they always over dresses / act like they want to explore the world that where i came from.

And because of farangs in thailand always thinking that oh your english is very good you must not be Thai, arent you ? That is kinda insulting thought and lose thai people's confidence to speak langauge which is not their ko-ta-ra father ko-ta-ra mother's language.

Hope YOU farangs here understand my english..

:roll:

If you start making excuses for poor girls working as prostitutes then perhaps you should equally do so for drug dealers, rapists and murderers because most people who commited crimes in Thailand

now if u can't see the difference between a girl working in a bar and a rapist or murderer .... i reckon that says more about U than the bar girl !!!

i don't agree with girls selling their bodies for sex but i can understand why they may do it !!

In my opinion.

Marriage (legal prostitution) does a lot more harm to the human psyche than does illegal prostitution. Yet, marriage is perpetuated by the brainwashed masses due to having governments' laws and religious morals pumped into them in the early developmental stages of life as a reason to keep order in society and to protect the children.

Some people (men) like to use their money for physical pleasures and some people (hos) like to make money easily for a few minutes of stimulating someone's groin. It is as simple as that. Is a happy ending of an oil massage prostitution? Is a blow job bar prostitution? Is there anything wrong with prostitution?

Sexual relations get too much bad press. We all love to read about sex when we are not doing it.

It saddens me to see the opinion that this lady expresses on bar girls. Unfortunately someone forgot to explain to her that in most cases these girls are a victim of the thai culture, because it is in many cases their fathers that are sending them to bangkok to work and make money for them.

Yes I am going to air out the dirty laundry of the thai people. In many cases these girls are just trying to take care of their family back home, that is why they send all this money home. You can sit back and talk bad about them, but they are just doing what it is that society dictates to them. They also talk about how they could work as a cosmetics girl or other jobs in society. Well that is fine and dandy if they actually made sh*t. You know how many thai employers pay their help and slave wages, wages where a person cannot have any quality of life what so ever. If you are going to sit back and pay someone 4500 baht a month salary and then b*tch when they choose another occupation that you find less than tasteful then maybe you should give them a better wage in your factories and businesses and they would not have to choose that route. So how about this, instead of you society wretches sitting around and passing judgement on these people they why dont you flex your muscle in society and try to change that part of the thai culture and provide them with better wages in alternative jobs. Until you are willing to do that and give these people another outlet and a way to make good money, then you can just shut your mouths.

There is very few things in life that will get me fighting mad, but this is one of them. You guys control society and it is your obligation to build a better country to provide for the lesser of society, that is why you are leaders and memebers of " hi- society ". So if you are not willing to fullfil your responsibilities to these people, then to me they are a better class of person than you are.

Oh my God.... I think he is being serious....