Hi-so Thai woman's bar girl rant.

Simmo_V2.0

btw Periboea, did you ghostwrite this blog? it could be easily one of your "creative creations" :lol:

btw Andy. You seem to have problem with me. Let me know where and when!!! or otherwise Get lost, would you? :twisted:

Oh, I never have problems with the truth, do you? :roll: But i do apologise for not including Bigkus into this little "accusation", consider it done herewith :P

Really, Andy? With two bland journals and 16 posts in over three years, how are we supposed to know. Easy to set yourself up as some kind of saint passing judgment on others when you're basically a cipher.

Within the admittedly narrow confines of TF, these two ladies are far more impressive when it comes to ideas - and truth - than you.

Its not Thai culture or society that forces these girls to f*ck for money its straight up greed, 100% beautiful greed.

The first time ever i tend to agree with what you say! :lol:

So many factories and manufactures around my house area and i do work in many contruction sites and have met many construction people both men and women. They do have to send money back home to support their families back in Issarn or North as our culture say we should take care of our family and parents too. They earn about 6000-8000 baht!

Oddly enough but true, that they are still happy and walk around carrying their prides and dignity everywhere they go.. Thats what i admire them for...

I have no personal problem against those girls in Nana or Patpong. They dont annoy me when i happen to see them in the same shop or restaurant. Its everyone's choice of what they want to do with their lives but using culture or economy as an excuse to become a ***** doesnt sound that right to me...

Its not Thai culture or society that forces these girls to f*ck for money its straight up greed, 100% beautiful greed.

So many factories and manufactures around my house area and i do work in many contruction sites and have met many construction people both men and women. They do have to send money back home to support their families back in Issarn or North as our culture say we should take care of our family and parents too. They earn about 6000-8000 baht!

Oddly enough but true, that they are still happy and walk around carrying their prides and dignity everywhere they go.. Thats what i admire them for...

I have no personal problem against those girls in Nana or Patpong. They dont annoy me when i happen to see them in the same shop or restaurant. Its everyone's choice of what they want to do with their lives but using culture or economy as an excuse to become a ***** doesnt sound that right to me...

Well, I don't agree with either of you. There are often a lot of complex reasons why various women up in the flesh trade.

Chalking it all up to economy or culture is a bit simplistic. Saying it is 100% greed on the part of the women is not only simplistic but callous.

(Sorry for my ignorance, haven't been following this thread for some time now) But Ammy, you made great message. (Personally I would like to talk more and wonder about all those (illegal) immigrants and workers at construction sites in Asia that work so much with so little, without any safety measures and trainings etc, and think about solutions to lift their income levels, after all, building workers are that one group in Finland for example that really make actually GOOD money, seriously!....:-() And Loburt, I dont know do I misunderstand now you or Ammy, but I understood that Ammy thought personally that "blaming" economy and culture IS "simplistic", and not all of the "reasons"...

(Sorry for my ignorance, haven't been following this thread for some time now) But Ammy, you made great message. (Personally I would like to talk more and wonder about all those (illegal) immigrants and workers at construction sites in Asia that work so much with so little, without any safety measures and trainings etc, and think about solutions to lift their income levels, after all, building workers are that one group in Finland for example that really make actually GOOD money, seriously!....:-() And Loburt, I dont know do I misunderstand now you or Ammy, but I understood that Ammy thought personally that "blaming" economy and culture IS "simplistic", and not all of the "reasons"...

Well, as I read it, Ammy is agreeing with beej's statement that these women in the flesh trade are motivated by 100% greed and nothing else.

They are putting it all on what they are assuming is a moral failing of the woman. They are not taking into account any other factors, and often there are many.

There is a whole web of people of people in villages who profit from identifying the most vulnerable girls from the most vulnerable families and playing a part in forcing or inducing them into the sex trade. Including school teachers and police.

As I said, this is a complex subject and as I have work to do I can't spend time expounding on this today. But you might take a look at a book called "Sex Slaves." I think the author is Samantha Brown.

Its everyone's choice of what they want to do with their lives but using culture or economy as an excuse to become a ***** doesnt sound that right to me...

it's the economy stupid !! not aimed at U Ammy, but someting from Clintons election team !!!

a factory worker in Isaan (in a factory using WRAP) will earn approx $4 a day. with OT this could be increased to $5.5.

so working 10 hours a day 6 days a week they can earn roughly $130 to $135 a month .... around 4,700 baht. financially it can make working in a bar a lot more attractive.

i just wonder how many of the girls here on TF could survive on 4,700 baht a week never mind a month !!!!

Guest Tattoodude

Well, I don't agree with either of you. There are often a lot of complex reasons why various women up in the flesh trade.

Chalking it all up to economy or culture is a bit simplistic. Saying it is 100% greed on the part of the women is not only simplistic but callous.

I agree with Loburt.... again.... scary.

btw Periboea, did you ghostwrite this blog? it could be easily one of your "creative creations" :lol:

btw Andy. You seem to have problem with me. Let me know where and when!!! or otherwise Get lost, would you? :twisted:

Oh, I never have problems with the truth, do you? :roll: But i do apologise for not including Bigkus into this little "accusation", consider it done herewith :P

and you, sir, wear your insecurity like a badge of honor.

It saddens me to see the opinion that this lady expresses on bar girls. Unfortunately someone forgot to explain to her that in most cases these girls are a victim of the thai culture, because it is in many cases their fathers that are sending them to bangkok to work and make money for them.

Yes I am going to air out the dirty laundry of the thai people. In many cases these girls are just trying to take care of their family back home, that is why they send all this money home. You can sit back and talk bad about them, but they are just doing what it is that society dictates to them. They also talk about how they could work as a cosmetics girl or other jobs in society. Well that is fine and dandy if they actually made sh*t. You know how many thai employers pay their help and slave wages, wages where a person cannot have any quality of life what so ever. If you are going to sit back and pay someone 4500 baht a month salary and then b*tch when they choose another occupation that you find less than tasteful then maybe you should give them a better wage in your factories and businesses and they would not have to choose that route. So how about this, instead of you society wretches sitting around and passing judgement on these people they why dont you flex your muscle in society and try to change that part of the thai culture and provide them with better wages in alternative jobs. Until you are willing to do that and give these people another outlet and a way to make good money, then you can just shut your mouths.

There is very few things in life that will get me fighting mad, but this is one of them. You guys control society and it is your obligation to build a better country to provide for the lesser of society, that is why you are leaders and memebers of " hi- society ". So if you are not willing to fullfil your responsibilities to these people, then to me they are a better class of person than you are.

:shock: Oh my god, i just have time reading this, he is a real Mr. bar girl popular votes, hopefully it's any bar girl around read this. She would surely provides him the best of her full-services one night free of charge. !

Well, some of what ozode has written is true. Whether you like it or not.

Simply looking at people as human beings and recognizing there are some tremendous inequities in this society doesn't mean he's trying to be popular with bar girls.

And frankly, yes, there are too many rich people in this country paying slave wages, driving around in their fleets of Mercedes', who have nothing but contempt for the "ai dam" and don't give a damn about doing anything to improve society as a whole.

Oh my god, i just have time reading this, he is a real Mr. bar girl popular votes, hopefully it's any bar girl around read this. She would surely provides him the best of her full-services one night free of charge. !

A regular customer, a Thai 'Gentleman' at the hotel I used to work at used to openly boast that he spent in excess of 500,000 baht per MONTH on personal entertainment. H has his Family home, and then an apartment which he uses to 'entertain' his many Gigs. He spends 2 - 3 nights with his Family, Maximum. The rest of the time he is screwing around in his apartment. He drives his car from the hotel, either to his apartment, or his Family home, TOTALLY drunk. I have actually witnessed staff help him walk to his car.

I know a girl who used to work in a bar, and yes, horror of horrors, she used to 'go with customers'. Over a period of two years, she not only helped her family, but paid for her younger sisters university education, AND saved enough money to start her own business. She is now out of the bar scene.

Who is the better person?

If you call this 'trying to win the popularity of the bar girls', then yes, I am guilty of trying to win the popularity of bar girls.

And before you say this is a rare scenario, how many people of the above dexcriptions do you know? I bet you know a LOT more of the first type of person, because you wouldn't ever drag yourself down to getting to know the second type of person. But, hey, that's fine - number one must be ok - he has a degree, money, and white skin.

Sorry about the edit - forgot to quote it.

Dear all gentlemen above me

I have clearly stated myself here already that i have no problem with those 'beloved' bargirls in my previous posts and also even said that we both are working girls just diffirent career path !

Sorry to say that i dont give a damn for whatever reasons they accuse to get into sex industry. If you have some free time please learn more about thai people, life style, if not, re-read Ammy's post.

The point that i and some people here posted in this thread was not ENLESS bargirl topics discussion, there has over thousand threads already in this site....scrool back and read

Cheers!

:x

Well, in Ammy's post she agrees with beej that the only reason the girls are in the profession is because of their own greed. 100% greed, to be exact.

Is that what you're saying?

Frankly, that post was not very enlightened at all.

"Sorry to say that i dont give a damn for whatever reasons they accuse to get into sex industry. "

I'm really sorry you would write something like that. Actually, it's YOU who should take some time and learn more about Thai people, because you obviously don't understand much about what some of your own people are facing and what's going on in your own country.

interesting how the blogger in question, and many posters, look at the bargirls without looking at the customers. shoot the messenger, maybe?

seems to me the customer didn't come off too well in the blogger's post. he probably didn't get equal billing on the contempt show because, after all, he's just a stupid falang.

Well, in Ammy's post she agrees with beej that the only reason the girls are in the profession is because of their own greed. 100% greed, to be exact.

Is that what you're saying?

Wow, Loburt. Have you been inside my mind lately?

Ok, my bad that i did take the whole statement from beej's but the point of my post is using culture or economy as an excuse to become a ***** doesnt sound that right to me...

I am pretty well aware of another factors of people to become whores. If you are talking about sex slaves in south of Thailand or any dodgy part in country. Its true yes.

But from blogger's rant about that girl in Emporium sounds like a good sample of a greedy type.

no. that was written by a farang. Hos? and the other native speaker word choice gives it away. seems to me it was written by a righteous foreigner - possibly female but not necessarily.

I work with people who dont speak English but do know the words to 50 Cents latest tooon.

Guess that puts a slight dent in your theory Holmes?

sorry tat2 but just because your girls know the song lyrics doesnt mean they can log onto something other than Siam Square and write a diatribe on their experience in Emporium. besides arent you down in pattaya?

sorry. i dont think this was written by any thai woman.

and just for the record: observing that Thais canot speak English well (or any other foreign language well) is not racism. Saying any Asian cannot speak English well is racism. Or saying any Thai cannot speak English well because they are Asian is racism. Come on people. tune it up.

i am not being racist. maybe you could say I was saying Thais are stupid. Ok now you got a point. and the distinction between being thai chinese and thai thai is a valid distinction.

go read "letters from thailand" written by botan (i think) and susan somebody (i think).

Go read some of the stuff thats been written in papers like The Nation or Bangkok Post. Did u actually know thats most of it is written by THAI PEOPLE. My ex gf happen to work for one of them. Born and raised in Issan. Never been to the US. Speaks and writes more distinguised english than most native speaking. So yes, it's possible.

And you, Ammy, have no idea about the circumstances of the woman in the blogger's post.

Are you inside her mind? Are you inside her life to know what's she's been through?

Yet, you're making a judgment about a person you know absolutely zero about based on a blog written by someone full of hate. And echoing the hatred. Yep, that's your bad.

Sex slave in the south of Thailand? Like there aren't sex slaves right here in Bangkok?

You seem to not even know what's going on in your own country.

...I had no problem dealing with what people may think that the fact that I'm with a white person is because I'm a prositude at all .]

I should get you to tell that to my Japanese buddy, Masa. He hung out with me for 10 days in Thailand. We went to Samet for a couple of days and he asked me why people kept staring at us. He DID have a problem when I told him that people probably thought he was my "Asian boy."

That's why I like hangin' with Zeus. He's white, so we never get strange looks. :lol:

Hand em over when yer done.

And you, Ammy, have no idea about the circumstances of the woman in the blogger's post.

Are you inside her mind? Are you inside her life to know what's she's been through?

Yet, you're making a judgment about a person you know absolutely zero about based on a blog written by someone full of hate. And echoing the hatred. Yep, that's your bad.

Sex slave in the south of Thailand? Like there aren't sex slaves right here in Bangkok?

You seem to not even know what's going on in your own country.

well the flip of that script is that hookers ain't all victim stories either.

does anyone really doubt that there are significant numbers of girls who turn tricks to avoid boring, low paying work (and get the latest fendi bag)?

Go read some of the stuff thats been written in papers like The Nation or Bangkok Post. Did u actually know thats most of it is written by THAI PEOPLE. My ex gf happen to work for one of them. Born and raised in Issan. Never been to the US. Speaks and writes more distinguised english than most native speaking. So yes, it's possible.

most of which used to be proof read by native english speakers .... not sure if that is still the case !!!!!