Any recommended tailor shops in BKK ?

kirs

Question

12 answers to this question

Suits in BKK

This might be helpful. After a couple trips there since, my best guess is any Asian tailor you are using (Gulati or anyone else) is going to have a bias toward a very tapered look which one may find too restrictive if one is a farang.

to clarify, one may find it too restrictive if one is a farrang built on the pattaya-pear-shaped-farrang taper plan as opposed to suited to a hedi slimane type silhouette...

On Rama 4 (at the other end of Sukumvit 40-Ekamai BTS), at the intersection there are 2 shops. the shop furthest away from the intersection (right next door to each other).

Had a suit made there, very happy with it. About 3 to 4000baht from memory, I think it included a shirt too! Much cheaper than other places. About 1 week wait though.

The guy there speaks English, has a shop in the UK! Seems to measure more than any other tailor!!!???

Anyway, I was VERY happy with my suit

Went to Patricks Fashionway on soi 11 last time, i'm guessing this was a bad decision after reading a lot of negative feedback on the web.

Did a bit of research this time and am intending on trying Rajawongsee on soi 4, is this a good idear??? If not where on Sukhumvit is good for cheap / half decent quality suits. Are there any on KSR worth trying??

Visiting Tom's Fashion makes you feel welcome the moment you step in. Friendly staff and competent tailors make buying a suit a real pleasure.

Initially planning to just buy a single suit, I was so impressed by the quality, that I came back several times. Reordering is very simple as they keep all the measurements and can easily create more shirts/suits for you.

I definitely recommend that you stop by and visit Tom's Fashion.

Visiting Tom's Fashion makes you feel welcome the moment you step in. Friendly staff and competent tailors make buying a suit a real pleasure.

Initially planning to just buy a single suit, I was so impressed by the quality, that I came back several times. Reordering is very simple as they keep all the measurements and can easily create more shirts/suits for you.

I definitely recommend that you stop by and visit Tom's Fashion.

And that doesn't sound like an ad...